SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Aktungbby 08-18-18 10:33 AM

welcome aboard!

baker!:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 08-18-18 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baker (Post 2565476)
I have played Silent Hunter since SH3 through SH4 and I really love these games.
I have to admit I was disappointed and frustrated like many I believe over SH5. But I have to say after installing the final Expansion pack full I'm amazed by the changes it made to the game.
So.. I want to pay my respect for the good work, and say a LOUD thank you so much to Vecko and whoever has been involved with this fantastic mod/patch. Very well done!

Keep on hunting.
Best regards
Baker

:salute::salute::salute:

Toniausmuc 08-18-18 04:57 PM

thanks, still some questions

@vdr1981
Thank you, after waiting five or six minutes it was loading. Patience is not my strength sometimes.

Regarding the new mod version, I am having some questions.

In the earlier mod version it was, that I had down on bottom screen
some of my officers (navigation dude, engine dude ect.)

I could click on them and let make them some tasks for me, as doing the math on possible range/current speed for example.

Where is this gone?
I also dont hear those nice noises anymore, from the famous movie "The Boat" "Das Boot". :hmmm:

Hjalfnar 08-18-18 06:19 PM

They are still there, just hover your mouse over the area and they pop up. For the "Das Boot" sounds and music, it is still in, I at least had it today. Though I miss the "ALAAAARM, FLUUUUTEEEEEN" when you order a crash dive. xD

Toniausmuc 08-19-18 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjalfnar (Post 2565545)
................ For the "Das Boot" sounds and music, it is still in, I at least had it today. Though I miss the "ALAAAARM, FLUUUUTEEEEEN" when you order a crash dive. xD

To be honest, I find the vanilla sound and voices incredible boring.
I dont know, why the WoS version from 3 years ago had all the sounds and voices from the movie "Das Boot" in, and the newst version not....

....dont get it.

Is there a stable and reliable sub-mod maybe?

baker 08-19-18 06:13 AM

Thx for warm welcome.

I should have been participating on this forum for a long time, but now I finally got my periscope up.
I'm looking forward to discuss and have fun with you all.

Thank you.

Best Regards
Baker
:Kaleun_Periskop:

XenonSurf 08-19-18 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniausmuc (Post 2565565)

Is there a stable and reliable sub-mod maybe?

Download Stormy's DBSM 1.3 + beta6, then take away everything but the sound files and the crew scripts, and take away all sh.sdl files. That will make it compatible with TWoS, the crew appearance will be like the one in 'Das Boot' and you will enjoy far better sounds and crew speeches in German :yep:

Toniausmuc 08-19-18 07:34 AM

could you help me in the details maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2565586)
Download Stormy's DBSM 1.3 + beta6, then take away everything but the sound files and the crew scripts, and take away all sh.sdl files. That will make it compatible with TWoS, the crew appearance will be like the one in 'Das Boot' and you will enjoy far better sounds and crew speeches in German :yep:

Hey, thanks for your answer. :salute:

First question = is this compatible with an already started game?
(if not, would not that bad, I am just in the bay of Danzig)

Second question = I have absolutly no clue and idea about what and where I should which kind of files put.
Maybe you could help me (TS also possible if you have time and mood) ?

XenonSurf 08-19-18 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniausmuc (Post 2565589)
Hey, thanks for your answer. :salute:

First question = is this compatible with an already started game?
(if not, would not that bad, I am just in the bay of Danzig)

Second question = I have absolutly no clue and idea about what and where I should which kind of files put.
Maybe you could help me (TS also possible if you have time and mood) ?

Well, you should have some idea about how mods are working and how to install them otherwise you will always read more than play...It's as I said above, here more details:

Download the 1.3 Stormy's DBSM, unzip the basemod;
navigate inside data folder and delete all but scripts and sound folder;
in the sound folder, delete sh.sdl

Download xxxx_beta6 add-on, unzip
same procedure as above, delete all but scripts and sound folder;
in the sound folder, delete sh.sdl

Re-zip both basemod and xxxx_beta6, call it TWoS_ADJUSTED_Stormys_DBSM.rar, store it for future use.

Unzip the changed mods into JSGME and activate them in last position, first the basemod then beta6.

You should be fine loading your last save.

Toniausmuc 08-19-18 09:13 AM

Thank you very much.
But I dont find this mod for downloading.
May I ask you for some links?
(sorry for babysitting)

So I delete in those 2 downloaded mod folder everything, except the /scripts and /sound......and in /sound only the sh.sdl ?

"Unzip the changed mods into JSGME and activate them in last position..."
What do you mean by that?
I activate JSGME and pull them on the right side, yes?

Sorry, I have no clue about SH5's files and mod files so far.

THEBERBSTER 08-19-18 11:10 AM

Hi T

Quote:

But I dont find this mod for downloading.
All in my SH5 signature and much more.

Peter

XenonSurf 08-19-18 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniausmuc (Post 2565608)
So I delete in those 2 downloaded mod folder everything, except the /scripts and /sound......and in /sound only the sh.sdl ?

Exact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniausmuc (Post 2565608)
"Unzip the changed mods into JSGME and activate them in last position..."
What do you mean by that?
I activate JSGME and pull them on the right side, yes?

No, drag them on the left from your zip folder and activate it with the arrow in the window which will put them on the right. By last position I mean: the mod must appear at the end of the list on the right.

Peter (see response above) has made much better sticky posts than my explanations here, also with screenshots. Seems like you should read them if you encounter any difficulties in the future.

divemonkie 08-19-18 11:39 PM

english voices

A great MOD... Add-on.
Couple things. After installing I lost my english speaking crew, is there a way to get em back.

This ones a request for us old blind farts. Is there an edit to increase the font size? Mostly on the mouse over stuff. I'm finding it very difficult to read... Have twice now launched torpedoes by accident. Doh!
Thanks

vdr1981 08-20-18 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divemonkie (Post 2565679)
A great MOD... Add-on.
Couple things. After installing I lost my english speaking crew, is there a way to get em back.

This ones a request for us old blind farts. Is there an edit to increase the font size? Mostly on the mouse over stuff. I'm finding it very difficult to read... Have twice now launched torpedoes by accident. Doh!
Thanks

Hi divemonkie,

1. There was a mod for English crew voices but you'll have to search the forum for it. Hopefully, someone will jump in with a link...

2. There is no option for font size increase but you can try to lower your ingame resolution a bit. That should help. :yep:

Cheers. :salute:

divemonkie 08-20-18 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2565686)
Hi divemonkie,

1. There was a mod for English crew voices but you'll have to search the forum for it. Hopefully, someone will jump in with a link...

2. There is no option for font size increase but you can try to lower your ingame resolution a bit. That should help. :yep:

Cheers. :salute:

Thanks
I'll go dive into the downloads.
I've been burning the servers down over there... So much good stuff.

Far as my eyes go I'll try different resolutions, will be better once I learn the game.