SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Gerald 12-01-17 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1to (Post 2527979)
Thank you

Welcome to SUBSIM V1to.:salute:

HW3 12-01-17 11:27 AM

Brett, Send a contact report to BdU, they will reply whether there are any subs in the area or not. If there are AI subs nearby, they will show up but, you must remain in contact with the convoy, because they home in on your position.

Brett Sinclair 12-01-17 12:26 PM

Thank you, HW3!

Best,
Brett

Lestart44 12-01-17 06:11 PM

question :)

first i want to thank Vecko for the new update and all the peopel that help him.

i have a question do i have to do a full reinstall ore just update from 2.0.9 to 2.1? :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 12-02-17 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestart44 (Post 2528537)
first i want to thank Vecko for the new update and all the peopel that help him.

i have a question do i have to do a full reinstall ore just update from 2.0.9 to 2.1? :Kaleun_Salute:

Not necessarily...You can just use the 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 update. If you're about to start new career , then I would suggest you to download the full installer and reinstall your game completely (it will take just a few minutes with TWoS)...:yep:

vdr1981 12-02-17 04:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWDBA6SazIU&t=1571s

Morten is back! The funniest and the most interesting LP series on YT. Don't forget to subscribe! :up:

Lestart44 12-02-17 07:55 PM

thanks Vecko. but i had to do or full reinstall because my uplay game launcher wants to update the game at every start and nothing happens... now i reinstall the game and nothing happens again the launcher want to update the game and the game don't start...i don't know what to do :(

ok after 4 hour trying finally it work some how!!! :D happy !!! :)

can i use my old saves ?
can you all skip the speech of the mission because i have only the map and i have to listen to him until he end to pick up a mission ore is this on issues by my game????

thanks for the great help :Kaleun_Salute:

connor4200 12-03-17 02:33 AM

hey I downloaded this mod and loved it but how time consuming it is with the limited TC I decided to divert back to vanilla, well after I uninstalled and reinstalled what I need I'm still stuck going no higher than 512 TC, I work 60 hour weeks so the quick targeting and TC helps me have enough enjoyment in a short time, i tried modifying the TC tables but still no luck and they were set to vanilla as well
please and ty for replys

Aniuk 12-03-17 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor4200 (Post 2528763)
hey I downloaded this mod and loved it but how time consuming it is with the limited TC I decided to divert back to vanilla, well after I uninstalled and reinstalled what I need I'm still stuck going no higher than 512 TC, I work 60 hour weeks so the quick targeting and TC helps me have enough enjoyment in a short time, i tried modifying the TC tables but still no luck and they were set to vanilla as well
please and ty for replys

That is easy. check this out for instance:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228970

Did you change the correct file using notepad.exe or even better use OFEV after installing TWOS

[drive-letter for example D:]:[location OFEV is] \....\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer

check this out:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...66&postcount=6

and Post #1 of TWOS link. The answer is out there somewhere. And no reason to stop using TWOS, it is so much better.

and TC setting should not be to high. I think the advise for stable gameplay is indeed a max. of 512 (there is a link somewhere on Subsim with a discussion of this issue)

Happy Hunting.

Kind regards,

:Kaleun_Salute:

Aniuk

THEBERBSTER 12-03-17 05:30 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > connor4200
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

fire-fox 12-03-17 06:50 AM

Hi Vecko, grate mod as always.

I'm running the int radio mod and really adds to the immersion - only change needed is to edit the entry's in the radio sound ini file so that to add in the radio frequencies ( not needed if you don't mind lousing the stock one

given the size might be work contacting the author and seeing if can use the installer and doing a TWoS version as an extra addon.
as currently is 58+ rar files and is 10GB unpacked

Werner von Schmidt 12-03-17 08:38 AM

Life belts at conning tower

vdr1981,
since I know you're very dedicated to realism I have an advice — German u-boats didn't attach the life belts at the conning tower during patrols at all. Exceptions were departure or refill at open sea in bad conditions. Maybe it's easy to delete it, but probably not. :D

Keep up your excellent work.

Werner.

Muckenberg 12-03-17 08:50 AM

Hello
I was just in May 1941 and just at my submarine in the battle of the convoy thrown by the deep charges American destroyer. Is this OK or is it a bug?

excel4004 12-03-17 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner von Schmidt (Post 2528837)
vdr1981,
since I know you're very dedicated to realism I have an advice — German u-boats didn't attach the life belts at the conning tower during patrols at all. Exceptions were departure or refill at open sea in bad conditions. Maybe it's easy to delete it, but probably not. :D

Keep up your excellent work.

Werner.

Very well analyzed Werner von Schmidt! If an improvement is planned here, pls as an optional mod, like the flag mod - i like the optic from the belts and i would like to be incorrect here.

Brett Sinclair 12-03-17 09:22 AM

I have another question, regarding neutral ships this time:
I've been given the order to attack neutral shipping which, without a doubt, are running for the Brits.
So do I just sink any ship in these waters (Eastern English waters)? Or do I just sink British ships? Or do I sink all ships MINUS the "officially" neutral ones (according to the Flag recognition chart, Sweden and Ireland are neutral)? And what about the neutral ones running with or without lights?
Thanks!

Best,
Brett