SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Niume 10-14-17 04:21 AM

I updated the direct x still get these black squares

http://www.part.lt/img/34e0c94aec5f9...541c469357.bmp

gap 10-14-17 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2518492)
I updated the direct x still get these black squares

Hi Niume, I can't tell you for sure what is wrong with your installation, but those squares are common when New UI's (inluded in TWoS) is enabled and the game is not patched with the Ubi patch 1.2 :yep:

Muckenberg 10-14-17 09:49 AM

Hello
So I started a new career and unfortunately I have to report some mistakes in the location of AI ships. At the harbor in the Kiel Canal, a fishing boat is housed in a pier. There is a submarine in Bergen near the bunker at the port pier.

vdr1981 10-14-17 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2518547)
Hello
So I started a new career and unfortunately I have to report some mistakes in the location of AI ships. At the harbor in the Kiel Canal, a fishing boat is housed in a pier.

Saw that one too , and couple of more on different locations...It'll be fixed.:yep:

Try to include a screenshot if You spot more oddly placed units in ports...:yep:It'll be easier for me to fix it...:yep:

Quote:

There is a submarine in Bergen near the bunker at the port pier.
Docked AI subs in harbors tend to "move" very slowly when you leaving or entering port even though they are placed correctly. Can't do much about this except to remove them completely...

fitzcarraldo 10-14-17 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2518551)
Saw that one too , and couple of more on different locations...It'll be fixed.:yep:

Try to included a screenshot if You spot more oddly placed units in ports...:yep:It'll be easier for me to fix it...:yep:

Docked AI subs in harbors tend to "move" very slowly when you leaving or entering port even though they are placed correctly. Can't do much about this except to remove them completely...

Same in SH3. Sea moves the AI ships. In SH3 there are ships exploding because crash with piers.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

gap 10-14-17 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2518551)
Can't do much about this except to remove them completely...

Maybe you could replace at least some of them with "dummy" copies of the same units, set as land units or as terrain objects :03:

vdr1981 10-14-17 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2518565)
Maybe you could replace at least some of them with "dummy" copies of the same units, set as land units or as terrain objects :03:

What do you mean by "dummy" copies Gap?

propbeanie 10-14-17 02:55 PM

He might be thinking like what Lurker did in RSRDC in SH4, in that he made a few ships as copies, but set to be "Environmental" objects, and set them to be invisible so that they could be used as "targets" for the SpecOps Photo Recon missions, but in this case, you'd use them as visible, "stationary" docked ships. ?? - maybe... :lol:

This does sound a bit like SH4 with docked ships, where the sea movement will cause the ship to drift, and if you're setting them yourself, you have to "merge" the layers (without Save, of course), so that you can "see" where you are placing things, compared to each layer. If a particular file runs throughout the game with multiple spawns to occur into the same dock "space", then you run into issues when the game detects a ship has "moved" and spawns another in the original's space, even though in actuality, it's only drifted a few feet. Then they "bump" each other around and try to avoid "collisions" with each other, and you can have all sorts of mayhem occurring, including ships "merged" into docks and other shore side emplacements - not forgetting the fire and destruction of some of the "collisions"... Stock SH3 and SH4 are very similar in this regard. I wouldn't be surprised to find that SH5 is done the same way in stock trim. The HarborTraffic files are the worst in SH4, but the NavalBases aren't too far behind...

vdr1981 10-14-17 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2518599)
He might be thinking like what Lurker did in RSRDC in SH4, in that he made a few ships as copies, but set to be "Environmental" objects, and set them to be invisible so that they could be used as "targets" for the SpecOps Photo Recon missions, but in this case, you'd use them as visible, "stationary" docked ships. ?? - maybe... :lol:

That's how I set static AI subs in ports in the first place, neutral environmental units...I had to do that in order to bypass some long standing harbor CTD issues probably caused by IRAI mod.

Quote:

This does sound a bit like SH4 with docked ships, where the sea movement will cause the ship to drift
Sea movement is not the problem here, it is some strange AI subs property which makes them to punch the throttle for a few seconds when you get close to harbor.

propbeanie 10-14-17 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2518604)
... Sea movement is not the problem here, it is some strange AI subs property which makes them to punch the throttle for a few seconds when you get close to harbor.

Ahhh... so they're afraid of the approaching skipper and his crew... :arrgh!:

vdr1981 10-14-17 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2518606)
Ahhh... so they're afraid of the approaching skipper and his crew... :arrgh!:

It could be that... but it can also be the fact that AI subs have IQ of below average insect...:D

gap 10-14-17 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2518583)
What do you mean by "dummy" copies Gap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2518599)
He might be thinking like what Lurker did in RSRDC in SH4, in that he made a few ships as copies, but set to be "Environmental" objects, and set them to be invisible so that they could be used as "targets" for the SpecOps Photo Recon missions

He confirms :03:

There are two ways "inert", "dummy" or "phantom" ships (or whatever you want to call them, IIRC in OHII they were initially named "Z ships") can be set: either as a pieces of landscape (like harbors, house, etc.), or as land units. In both cases the ships won't picth and roll, and they won't drift. The latter method maybe is a bit better, because it will enable you to set docked ship's appearance/disappearance dates, and to customize vessel's appearance through their eqp files. Moreover, depending on what national roster they are assigned to, they can be made to be attacked during enemy air raids, though they wont return fire due to the SH5 limitation that we know.

Now that you make me to think about it: are our "floating coastal defenses" affected by the same problem? Their position relative to the seabottom was critical: move them a few cm toward shallower waters, and they will become as stuck as normal ships :hmmm:

Quote:

That's how I set static AI subs in ports in the first place, neutral environmental units...I had to do that in order to bypass some long standing harbor CTD issues probably caused by IRAI mod.

So that was the reason for Type II boats crashing the game if placed in ports?

Quote:

Sea movement is not the problem here, it is some strange AI subs property which makes them to punch the throttle for a few seconds when you get close to harbor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2518608)
It could be that... but it can also be the fact that AI subs have IQ of below average insect...:D

lol :haha:

vdr1981 10-14-17 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2518630)

Now that you make me to think about it: are our "floating coastal defenses" affected by the same problem? Their position relative to the seabottom was critical: move them a few cm toward shallower waters, and they will become as stuck as normal ships :hmmm:

Not really ...coastal defenses don't drift...

Quote:

So that was the reason for Type II boats crashing the game if placed in ports?
No. TypeII was a different story. From some reason it's fx file couldn't work with the rest of the game. I removed it and the result is AI type IIs buzzing around Baltic, North Sea and Black Sea without any CTDs...

vdr1981 10-14-17 08:55 PM

As I have promised, you can check my signature for new v2.0.9b update with more additional tuning tweaks and fixes.

Happy hunting! :salute:

hauangua 10-15-17 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2518638)
As I have promised, you can check my signature for new v2.0.9b update with more additional tuning tweaks and fixes.

Happy hunting! :salute:

Thanks Vecko
:salute: