SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Maroy33 03-03-17 07:42 AM

Ok im after fresh install with your suggested step and that didnt help sadly.
But from what i see its strick bug with IO strategic map, cause rest working ok.
I took second screenshot after fresh install:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...922/HNFfk2.jpg

As you can see there is definitely bug with this map, cause one border should cover whole map and its not, its a bit smaller as you see on screen. And this plastic should cover whole map also but it cover just small rectangle in this map.
This is screen just right after briefing where i should pick up my mission on map, as you see i dont have any objectives to choose :03:
Both plastic and border cant be moved or anything.

vdr1981 03-03-17 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469956)

As you can see there is definitely bug with this map, cause one border should cover whole map and its not, its a bit smaller as you see on screen. And this plastic should cover whole map also but it cover just small rectangle in this map.
This is screen just right after briefing where i should pick up my mission on map, as you see i dont have any objectives to choose :03:
Both plastic and border cant be moved or anything.

I see , but I can not label the issue as a "bug" because the problem definitely is not in the mod it self...It works just fine for me and for bunch of other people. :hmmm:

Don't know what to suggest you anymore, sorry. Keep an eye on this thread , maybe someone with similar problem (and solution) will pop-up eventually. :yep:

And if you find solution somehow for your self, don't forget to post it here so we can spread the knowledge...:yep:

vdr1981 03-03-17 08:06 AM

One more question...
Did you try to start campaign with disabled "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing_For TWoS 1.06" ?:hmmm:

Maroy33 03-03-17 08:09 AM

From what i saw on YT after selecting "what are my mission order?" exactly same map as mine just shows for 1 sec then disappear and normal map appear, and in my case this map just stay.

For example this movie (start watching from 8:39 after he select mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzfPfYC0Eto
And notice this 1 sec map change after he clicked select mission. This is where i get screwed.

But once more thanks for help. :up: SH5 gonna be uninstalled and gonna grab more dust and its too bad. Going back to SH3. Old game that works without issues.

Have a nice day
:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 03-03-17 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469970)
From what i saw on YT after selecting "what are my mission order?" exactly same map as mine just shows for 1 sec then disappear and normal map appear

That's exactly what should have happen for you as well...

Topo65 03-03-17 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469956)
Ok im after fresh install with your suggested step and that didnt help sadly.
But from what i see its strick bug with IO strategic map, cause rest working ok.
I took second screenshot after fresh install:...

You installed the game in Program Files?

I think I saw that problem on another occasion but I do not remember how it happened.

Is your game properly upgraded to the official version 1.2 before applying the mods?

Maroy33 03-03-17 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topo65 (Post 2469977)
You installed the game in Program Files?

I think I saw that problem on another occasion but I do not remember how it happened.

Is your game properly upgraded to the official version 1.2 before applying the mods?

My game is on "c:\silent hunter 5" it is upgraded to 1.2 cause its first step before modding. After deactivating mods everything works without issues, so yeah its mod pack error that can be possible on some pc configs if other people dont report any problems. And since this mod pack is exe i cant config mods individualy, that means whole mod pack disable and install mods one by one :O: and i dont have time for this.
Im gonna check here from time to time to see if anything new appear that i can try like new update or something.

vdr1981 03-03-17 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469982)
My game is on "c:\silent hunter 5" it is upgraded to 1.2 cause its first step before modding. After deactivating mods everything works without issues, so yeah its mod pack error that can be possible on some pc configs if other people dont report any problems. And since this mod pack is exe i cant config mods individualy, that means whole mod pack disable and install mods one by one :O: and i dont have time for this.
Im gonna check here from time to time to see if anything new appear that i can try like new update or something.

What's going on with your maps screen in some historical mission for example?

Maroy33 03-03-17 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2469991)
What's going on with your maps screen in some historical mission for example?

Just checked 3 random historical missions and on all when i open map i get same view as in my previous screenshots with small border and small plastic rectangle.

vdr1981 03-03-17 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2469993)
Just checked 3 random historical missions and on all when i open map i get same view as in my previous screenshots with small border and small plastic rectangle.

Remember these settings from few minutes ago?

Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes

Remove ";" to enable Debugging scripts, start the game, try to enter map screen and if the game freezes , alt-tab the game and check the message window...

Maybe this can tell us something...:hmmm:

Maroy33 03-03-17 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2469995)
Remember these settings from few minutes ago?

Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes

Remove ";" to enable Debugging scripts, start the game, try to enter map screen and if the game freezes , alt-tab the game and check the message window...

Maybe this can tell us something...:hmmm:

I indeed get freeze and error:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...924/sGQtaV.jpg

vdr1981 03-03-17 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2470000)

Now we are getting somewhere...

EDIT

Have you tried to start the game with disabled "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing_For TWoS 1.06" optional addon ?:hmmm:

Maroy33 03-03-17 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2470003)
Now we are getting somewhere...

EDIT

Have you tried to start the game with disabled "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing_For TWoS 1.06" optional addon ?:hmmm:

Ohh yes!!!
Right after i disabled this campaign advance verifer testing everything works like a charm :D I have no idea why i didn't disabled this earlier for tests......
Well, so its kinda my fault that i enabled this. But i hope this error can give you some advice on future updates.
Once again thanks for great help :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
And sorry for little confusion that i made cause my brain is working today on slow think mode.

vdr1981 03-03-17 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maroy33 (Post 2470009)
Ohh yes!!!
Right after i disabled this campaign advance verifer testing everything works like a charm :D I have no idea why i didn't disabled this earlier for tests......
Well, so its kinda my fault that i enabled this. But i hope this error can give you some advice on future updates.
Once again thanks for great help :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
And sorry for little confusion that i made cause my brain is working today on slow think mode.

Great! :up:
But still, question why that addon cause problems for you and not for me still remains...We need Old coder's help here...:yep:

Maroy33 03-03-17 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2470016)
But still, question why that addon cause problems for you and not for me still remains...We need Old coder's help here...:yep:

Well if i can help with this more or something just say, like more debug errors etc, but coding is out of my reach :D