SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 12-21-15 01:37 PM

Gutte Jagt Herr Kaleun :salute:

tracerwhite 12-22-15 03:44 AM

Hello, everyone!

I'd like to replace 'Das Boot' content with original title screen and crew icons.

Please, tell me, if it's possible to disable this in mod's options. Or, if I'll need to replace icons and movie files, which folder they placed?

THEBERBSTER 12-22-15 04:04 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >tracerwhite:subsim:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Links.:sunny:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:yeah:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :up:
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In >FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question):salute:
YouTube Tutorial > How To Install “The Wolves Of Steel” Megamod!:up:
Post #24 Shaefer’ Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube 23 Videos:ping:

I am sure Vecko will be along to answer your question.:salute:

tracerwhite 12-22-15 04:47 AM

THEBERBSTER

Thank you for your quick response. I've already read these threads and haven't found anything about adding and removing certain icons and movies. Instead, I searched the both - original and mod folders and replaced 'skins' and and 'BACK.BIK' prior to enable the mod. Seems working.

As I understood, the lower Officers bar is similar to what we had in SH3, so, maybe 'Captain America' incons from GWX would fit?

Aktungbby 12-22-15 10:14 AM

Welcome aboard !

tracerwhite!:Kaleun_Salute:

palmic 12-22-15 11:50 AM

If you have another channel than Paypal let me know. I'de like to support you, but i cannot use Paypal because of Paypal blocked my account without reason. Thanks

Jimbuna 12-22-15 12:11 PM

Welcome to SubSim tracer :sunny:

Netscape Navigator 12-22-15 12:42 PM

I can't continue the RAOBF Wheel tutorial. The next button says "disabled" - I have raised the periscope over and over... I really wish there were some quality tutorial videos for these mods.

THEBERBSTER 12-22-15 02:36 PM

Hi palmic

If you send an email to subsim@subsim.com and explain your circumstances that you wish to make a donation they will give you the necessary information.

Peter

palmic 12-22-15 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2368049)
I can't continue the RAOBF Wheel tutorial. The next button says "disabled" - I have raised the periscope over and over... I really wish there were some quality tutorial videos for these mods.

This 4 parts tutorial worked for me

vdr1981 12-22-15 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2368049)

Maybe because auto ship recognition button is disabled? Try to enable wind and smoke addon while doing the tutorial, maybe that will do the trick...

Netscape Navigator 12-22-15 06:02 PM

On the first mission/patrol, realized to click on red x and I see I'm supposed to report taskforce... and wondering... What is the difference/function of "report contacts" vs. "send contact reports"

palmic 12-22-15 07:15 PM

German destroyer sinking polish merchant near Kiel on my return from first mission :)

I had this screen for a longer time as i am marching right now english coasts :salute:

gap 12-23-15 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2368134)
On the first mission/patrol, realized to click on red x and I see I'm supposed to report taskforce... and wondering... What is the difference/function of "report contacts" vs. "send contact reports"

This question has already been asked. See answers at the following link: :salute:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...81#post2187781

gap 12-23-15 04:25 PM

British coastal batteries / 6"/45 BL Mk VII gun update

I am making good progress with this unit. The modelling of the main gun emplacement is basically ready. Only roof beams, and stairs are still to be modelled. I wonder if I shouldn't merge the two emplacements that to my understanding usually composed a single costal battery site, into one unit. Doing it would make the placing of the unit in game much easier, but it would encompass more work by me and a few undesired side-effects.

I have started shaping the 6 in gun too. I couldn't find any blueprint/drawing of it, so it wont be an exact replica, but anyway it will resemble the real thing closely. So far I am quite pleased about its look, even though, similar to the main emplacement model, it still misses its textures. Note that this is gonna be the first gun ever added to SH5 as a granny object. I hope there won't be problems with its training/elevation animation, but I don't think so.

Tomorrow I will post a few previews :up: