SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Lawlcat 01-18-20 03:23 PM

I finished the Coastal Waters campaign and got started on Happy Times. It started me at Wilhem so I took the first mission, which for me was to drop a spy up in Ireland. I worked my way there, sank some stuff, this was around June 20th. I dropped the spy off, sank some more, June 29th still no update to anything. July 1st rolls around and Lorient becomes the new hub. I sail down to Lorient, end patrol, get a mission (same atlantic area), but I still don't have a new sub. I'm still in the VIIA. What do I have to do to get the B? My sinking tonnage is 110,000 tons now and my merit, per KSD Commander, is 5,090. 13 merchants, 13 warships. I'm not sure what I'm missing in order to get them to issue me a new boat or even any upgrades at all (only upgrades available are 2 flak guns and the new hydro)

vdr1981 01-18-20 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawlcat (Post 2645220)
I finished the Coastal Waters campaign and got started on Happy Times. It started me at Wilhem so I took the first mission, which for me was to drop a spy up in Ireland. I worked my way there, sank some stuff, this was around June 20th. I dropped the spy off, sank some more, June 29th still no update to anything. July 1st rolls around and Lorient becomes the new hub. I sail down to Lorient, end patrol, get a mission (same atlantic area), but I still don't have a new sub. I'm still in the VIIA. What do I have to do to get the B? My sinking tonnage is 110,000 tons now and my merit, per KSD Commander, is 5,090. 13 merchants, 13 warships. I'm not sure what I'm missing in order to get them to issue me a new boat or even any upgrades at all (only upgrades available are 2 flak guns and the new hydro)

Hi Lawlcat,
What about your "rating" in KSDCommander. This is the most important part for new sub offers. I was talking about this numerous times...:yep: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...6&postcount=21

Lawlcat 01-18-20 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2645222)
Hi Lawlcat,
What about your "rating" in KSDCommander. This is the most important part for new sub offers. I was talking about this numerous times...:yep: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...6&postcount=21

My rating is listed as 0 apparently

Pastebin here of the KSD output https://pastebin.com/QvHMzu38. I had 3 times that I started and ended trying to catch a specific date (Patrol #2 was an accident at the start as I was trying to figure things out, Patrol 7 was trying to get the time right for one of the missions that I thought I had to be at sea for, before I realized it was campaign and then one (Patrol 9) that I had just started and was ticking time through to the end of the campaign, which ended my patrol)

I dont know why my other patrols didnt really give me much rating. Is there a minimum tonnage per patrol to earn a rating point? Am I screwed at this point for the entire campaign to be stuck in the VIIA?

Chucktown 01-18-20 10:41 PM

Ship sunk icons on map.

I am having an issue with the icons for sunken ships not going away after new patrols. The map is getting a little cluttered and I was wondering if there is any way to remove the icons myself. Also, not every ship I sink gets an icon which seems to be a good thing considering this issue I am having. Using steam version and latest version of TWoS.

Swat 01-19-20 07:51 AM

Hey guys,

just catching up... it is always during winter when I am in the right mood and have time to spend some time at the sea....

By the way huge congratulations to all the great modders and people who are working on TWoS. I just followed the instructions (played TWoS several times in the past of course) and you couldn't really make it more straight forward than it actually is, even with that uPlay workaround I didn't have any issue installing this whatsoever. Thank you and hats off !!!

Question though: last time I installed this was on my previous gpu which was GTX 980 having some 48 fps approaching Kiel which I always considered the most harware demanding part of the map. Now with 8600K on 5.0 Ghz and RTX 2080 I made a test run and I had 56 fps within Kiel harbour.

Want to ask you guys whether it is normal to gain some 8 fps with such hardware? At the open sea the frames go nuts (200+), but my concern is Kiel. I know it's an old game running on old engine, but what I also noticed my gpu utilization is only about 30% with maximum performance set in nvCP. Also my gpu frequency keeps dropping even with max performance checked in nvCP.

Any ideas, please? Thank you.

vdr1981 01-19-20 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawlcat (Post 2645229)
My rating is listed as 0 apparently

I don't know why my other patrols didnt really give me much rating. Is there a minimum tonnage per patrol to earn a rating point? Am I screwed at this point for the entire campaign to be stuck in the VIIA?

Did you check the link I gave you? I've explained everything there. :yep:
Don't worry, you aren't that bad. One or two successful patrols (with 1000 renown or more) and BdU will probably send you new sub. :yep: Just don't skip patrols and make sure to sink at least few freighters every time. If you like I can tell you how to cheat and add few rating points to your gamesave so that BdU can offer you a new boat on next docking...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucktown (Post 2645263)
I am having an issue with the icons for sunken ships not going away after new patrols. The map is getting a little cluttered and I was wondering if there is any way to remove the icons myself. Also, not every ship I sink gets an icon which seems to be a good thing considering this issue I am having. Using steam version and latest version of TWoS.

https://i.postimg.cc/hJx22n30/SH5-Im...9-06-09-14.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swat (Post 2645290)
Hey guys,

just catching up... it is always during winter when I am in the right mood and have time to spend some time at the sea....

By the way huge congratulations to all the great modders and people who are working on TWoS. I just followed the instructions (played TWoS several times in the past of course) and you couldn't really make it more straight forward than it actually is, even with that uPlay workaround I didn't have any issue installing this whatsoever. Thank you and hats off !!!

Question though: last time I installed this was on my previous gpu which was GTX 980 having some 48 fps approaching Kiel which I always considered the most harware demanding part of the map. Now with 8600K on 5.0 Ghz and RTX 2080 I made a test run and I had 56 fps within Kiel harbour.

Want to ask you guys whether it is normal to gain some 8 fps with such hardware? At the open sea the frames go nuts (200+), but my concern is Kiel. I know it's an old game running on old engine, but what I also noticed my gpu utilization is only about 30% with maximum performance set in nvCP. Also my gpu frequency keeps dropping even with max performance checked in nvCP.

Any ideas, please? Thank you.

I can't tell for sure but low FPS in Kiel is quite normal even with high end hardware. Try to disable shadows completely. If your FPS do not jump drastically then something may be wrong with graphics driver.

Chucktown 01-19-20 09:37 AM

Thanks for the quick reply and even more thanks for the great mod and all the time and effort you have put into it. Hundreds of hours with this game and I never noticed that particular navmap features option.

vdr1981 01-19-20 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucktown (Post 2645310)
Thanks for the quick reply and even more thanks for the great mod and all the time and effort you have put into it. Hundreds of hours with this game and I never noticed the navmap features option.

You should "be more aggressive" Captain! :salute:

Lawlcat 01-19-20 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2645309)
If you like I can tell you how to cheat and add few rating points to your gamesave so that BdU can offer you a new boat on next docking...:yep:

Actually, that would be splendid if you could. I'm back up to Rating 1 after my last patrol where I sank 51k tons (2 Troop Transports and Illustrious Fleet Carrier), but I'd like to at least counter the 2 end patrols that I did kinda accidentally/while I was still learning the system

vdr1981 01-19-20 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawlcat (Post 2645343)
Actually, that would be splendid if you could. I'm back up to Rating 1 after my last patrol where I sank 51k tons (2 Troop Transports and Illustrious Fleet Carrier), but I'd like to at least counter the 2 end patrols that I did kinda accidentally/while I was still learning the system

OK...Open CareerTrack.upc file from your last patrol gamesave and find this line...

Code:

[CareerTrack 1]
ID=IDCareerTrack1

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusHeader]
ID=ID
UserPlayerNameDisplayable=Oscar Entwicklerh
CareerOptionsDate=1940-06-15 15:00:00

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusLast]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_LastStatus
NameDisplayable=NULL
CurrentDate=1940-06-15 15:00:00
UniqueID=3957285610582654
Title=NULL
Text=NULL
EntryStatus=0
PlayerRankAchieved=Captain-Rank-10
PlayerCurrentLastPromotionDateTime=1940-06-15 15:00:00
CurrentFlotilla=2ndFlotilla
CurrentFlotillaBase=F2Wilhelmshaven
CurrentSDepartureDescription=979352,6.42534e+006,180.777
CurrentUPCFlotillaUserPlayerUnitType=F2VIIB
CurrentDifficulty=Normal
PlayerCurrentRenown=1000.000000
PlayerCurrentRating=0.000000
PlayerHighestRating=0.000000
PlayerPatrolsCompleted=0.000000
PlayerTonnageSunk=0.000000
PlayerWarshipsTonnageSunk=0.000000
PlayerMerchantsTonnageSunk=0.000000
PlayerShipsSunk=0.000000
PlayerCurrentMedals=NULL
CrewMembersCurrentMedalsRepository=NULL
CrewMembersCurrentPromotionsRepository=1
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=South-Indian-Ocean
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID1
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID1
PatrolStartDateTime=1940-06-15 15:00:00

Edit marked line for example to "PlayerCurrentRating=3.000000" , save your changes and load that same gamesave. Next time when you dock, BdU should award you with new sub...

Lawlcat 01-19-20 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2645348)
OK...Open CareerTrack.upc file from your last patrol gamesave and find this line...

Awesome, cheers. Thanks a bunch for the help and everything you do :)

vdr1981 01-19-20 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawlcat (Post 2645351)
Awesome, cheers. Thanks a bunch for the help and everything you do :)

You're welcome ! Have fun!:salute: Let me know if this works...:yep:

TocayoDiego 01-20-20 04:11 PM

Hi guys,
In previous versions there are crew audios when you chose the torpedo, the depth of the torpedo and some others, I understand that they were eliminated from the mod because they were repetitive, but is there any way to reactivate them again?

Aktungbby 01-20-20 08:22 PM

welcome aboard!

TocayoDiego!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-21-20 07:26 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > TocayoDiego
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below