SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 02-03-19 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2589792)
Fitzcarraldo with all due respect, what is KSD? Can you point me to description please?

If you installed TWoS 2.2.9, you should have an icon KSD in your desktop. Set it to offline and start the game from it.

If you used SH3 Commander, this is a simplified version of it. Very simplified.

In SH5 don't forget to save your logbook with a name and ever you save a game, go to main menu and exit. Never exit to Windows!

The game should ask you if you want to save the logbook, click yes and all is saved also for KSD. KSD puts awards in your uniform "as real as gets". And you have a logbook in text format for edition.

Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo

Bojanpopovic 02-03-19 04:50 PM

OK i tried KSD. But there is no my ships tonnage so far. It is 0. Is that means that i will historicaly receive awards and new subs, no matter how much tonnage i sunk? And what about crew points, they are at 0 too. Does my crew need points to perform better on this KDS too, or is no matter at all?

fitzcarraldo 02-03-19 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2589907)
OK i tried KSD. But there is no my ships tonnage so far. It is 0. Is that means that i will historicaly receive awards and new subs, no matter how much tonnage i sunk? And what about crew points, they are at 0 too. Does my crew need points to perform better on this KDS too, or is no matter at all?

You need to start a new campaign....

Fitzcarraldo

Fifi 02-04-19 02:54 AM

… and return to bunker/end patrol so KSD can read your score.

fitzcarraldo 02-04-19 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2589957)
… and return to bunker/end patrol so KSD can read your score.

....Yes....

Bojanpopovic 02-04-19 02:26 PM

Thank you guys, i hope i can finish the game to the very end...because i always coming back to start from begining over and over again, as new patches and updates are released.

gutted 02-06-19 08:17 PM

My messages bar (bottom-right window of the main HUD) keeps disappearing completely. It usually happens when i leave the main map. I have to bring up the escape menu and then hit esc again to go back to the game for it to show up.

bstanko6 02-07-19 02:18 AM

That window is activated on and off with the L key. Are you hitting that key or did you key another function with L?

Bojanpopovic 02-07-19 06:24 AM

How to treat neutral ships? I mean, it is year 1940, can i sink american ship, although they are not in the war yet? I know that, for example Ireland is neutral all the time during war, but how about these countrys that will go into the war by specific date? I play latest TOWS...

Fifi 02-07-19 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2590436)
How to treat neutral ships? I mean, it is year 1940, can i sink american ship, although they are not in the war yet? I know that, for example Ireland is neutral all the time during war, but how about these countrys that will go into the war by specific date? I play latest TOWS...

You can always sink neutrals, but your score will be down and BDU not happy.
You have to wait for end of 41 for Americans (after Pearl Harbor)
Checking countries colors on nav map tell you actually wich one is still neutral or not :salute:

Ashikaga 02-07-19 07:57 AM

How can one switch KSD to offline use?

Tonci87 02-07-19 08:00 AM

Open KSD, go into the settings, uncheck Automatic connection to the Server at startup.

Don´t try to log in or to update statistics.

gutted 02-07-19 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2590422)
That window is activated on and off with the L key. Are you hitting that key or did you key another function with L?

*face palm*

Ashikaga 02-08-19 01:02 AM

Thanks for the KSD info. The weird thing is that I cannot start the game from KSD but when I start it in the normal fashion and afterwards go back to the main menu I do get the request to save navigation marks and logs. Dunno why it does not start from within KSD since my captain's names do show up in it.

fitzcarraldo 02-08-19 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2590553)
Thanks for the KSD info. The weird thing is that I cannot start the game from KSD but when I start it in the normal fashion and afterwards go back to the main menu I do get the request to save navigation marks and logs. Dunno why it does not start from within KSD since my captain's names do show up in it.

KSD works with administrator rights and W7/WXP compatibility. With W10 you will have that issue of the start game button. I had it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo