SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

von faust 06-30-17 12:51 PM

Hi,
I have installed TWOS and all seems fine but in a Youtube video (with an installation of TWOS) i see this RAOBF:

http://i65.tinypic.com/t82ohy.jpg

With only TWOS I have another RAOBF.
Is this another mod ?

Thanks

rsslcs 07-01-17 06:06 AM

hey guys, is it normal that the compass on the nav map is upside down? Meaning north is pointing the wrong way? I'm leaving kiel on a first patrol and it made me ragequit. =P

*braces for a you're an idiot reply haha*

palmic 07-01-17 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsslcs (Post 2496438)
hey guys, is it normal that the compass on the nav map is upside down? Meaning north is pointing the wrong way? I'm leaving kiel on a first patrol and it made me ragequit. =P

Screenshot?

rsslcs 07-01-17 06:26 AM

firing up now :Kaleun_Salute:

EDIT:

I'm dreading the response with the incredibly obvious solution.

NVM, I'm an idiot, I'm leaving this here for comedy's sake. :haha:

palmic 07-01-17 06:55 AM

This is not compass, it's protractor, very useful tool for finding course! :)

You'll find how to use it at YouTube :)

A-n-d-r-e-y 07-01-17 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsslcs (Post 2496438)

When you draw a line, you can see the course.

http://ipic.su/img/img7/tn/001.1498911706.jpg

Faamecanic 07-01-17 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faamecanic (Post 2496048)
I hit spacebar and X. The target is like 1000m away, with a bearing 350 to my sub (almost dead ahead). I shoot my eel and it acts like it just goes straight...at bearing 0 missing the target.

I'll have to double check that "Manual Targeting" is checked off.... I think it is....but will have to check.

Ok found out why my auto-tdc was shooting fish oddly...

If I hit Spacebar and my XO comes up...it seems even though I have auto-tdc enabled (manual targeting disabled) it appears to act like I have manual TDC enabled.

If I track my targets and just "point and shoot" torpedos without spacebar or X to lock target.... they swim true to the target.

I picked this up from VDC's video on the previous page where he fires off 4 eels rapid fire and hits his targets.

Once I have some down time Im going to play with manual targeting...as it does seem too easy this way..lol

usaric 07-01-17 10:31 PM

steam version

Hi guys, veteran from SH3, entering SH5 now. Quick question: is there a TWoS mod to work on steam version of the game? Thanks.

THEBERBSTER 07-02-17 02:39 AM

Hi usaric
Welcome to TWOS
Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version

Peter

kevinsue 07-02-17 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von faust (Post 2496305)
Hi,
I have installed TWOS and all seems fine but in a Youtube video (with an installation of TWOS) i see this RAOBF:

http://i65.tinypic.com/t82ohy.jpg

With only TWOS I have another RAOBF.
Is this another mod ?

Thanks

It would be interesting to find out if this RAOBF mod is still available. I've been looking for something exactly like this to reduce the brightness during low light attacks. This is the most realistic version that I have seen.

A-n-d-r-e-y 07-02-17 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2496710)
It would be interesting to find out if this RAOBF mod is still available. I've been looking for something exactly like this to reduce the brightness during low light attacks. This is the most realistic version that I have seen.

This is part from mine addon for TWOS. I can post how a separate mod raobf and attack disk later.

Faamecanic 07-02-17 01:34 PM

Wow.... the DD AI is wicked!

Just sank a merchant off the east coast of Britain ...there was a DD just outside of visual range (had him on Hydro). Sank the merchant with a torpedo in one hit....was submerged. As soon as I hit him I went down to 40m depth and headed 180deg away.

That damn DD came after me like a bloodhound. Stayed on top of me for 3 hours. CO2 was at 11% and I was as far down as I could go (60-80M)... he just wouldnt leave me.

Eventually he got a lucky shot with his depth charges and blew my aft pressure hull. Partially my fault...as I was speeding up when depth charges went off for 5-10 sec, changing depth, changing direction.... I forgot to launch decoys (lol)...so maybe this would have helped...

How in the heck could they be THIS good at Oct 1939 :doh: :o Oh and why did my CO2 level start getting critical after only 2-3 hours? Seems kinda quick there.

HW3 07-02-17 07:26 PM

No decoys available in 1939, and CO2 levels can go much higher than that in normal submerged operations, with no noticeable effects on the crew. They will climb faster with the crew on battle stations.

Faamecanic 07-02-17 11:01 PM

Ok that explains why CO2 went up so quickly (I was at battle stations).

Odd with decoys ... right before I died I saw the deploy decoys option... hit the button and heard them deploy. Maybe jus heard them but don't really hav them?

So was I just a victim of a veteran DD crew? I just could not shake them. Stayed with nose or tail pointed at them, hit full speed or flank if it was directly over me or if depth charges were exploding (that should have made them deaf to me for a few seconds), changed course many times. Every time they would lock on to me and never leave. Anything else I could have done?

If this is 1939 I see little hope in 1942 and on!

skin-nl 07-03-17 01:43 PM

I am now in '42 and i always attack in waters where i can dive to 160 mtr then hit silent running :up: