SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 12-12-15 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2365724)
need to learn climbing gap north Italy have some really nice mountains :har:

I am an islander from the far south. :03:
Indeed I could learn climbing in game, if only we had a rope and grapnel mod... :D

vdr1981 12-12-15 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365750)

I'll try with all patches disabled now...

Nope, it's the same. Guns dont work...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2365754)
On a more positive note, if you didn't notice any visual glitch in conjuction with that patch, we have just found a solution to subnets sticking out of water when the seabottom is very shallow and the said patch is enabled. Wait for a fix by me in the next hours :yeah:

:up:

gap 12-12-15 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365756)
Nope, it's the same. Guns dont work...

That's good news too: I would have hated having to choose between one of the cool patches by TDW, and my nice feature of collisionable platforms. :)

Now to understand why my new platform blocks coastal guns on your installation of the game but not on the one of mine.
Have you done your tests over TWoS or stock game? Besides our bunker mod, I have only NewUIs and IRAI enabled.
Are you using the usual single mission for the tests?

On my rig, platform collision mesh + StaticObject controller blocked the gun when the collision mesh was too close to the visible model. I had to find a balance between gun fucntionality and collision realism (if the mesh doesn't main model's shape closely, you basically hit an invisible wall). I can prepare a new GR2 file with collision mesh moved further away from the model, but as I said before the current configuration works like a charm for me... except for serchlights, which on turn work for you but not for me :doh: :haha:

Uboot1 12-12-15 04:37 PM

Hey guys, for everyone who has the same problem like me before. Just wait to 1 july 1940 and everything is fine so it's my fault :)

palmic 12-12-15 04:42 PM

remove map "click" sounds?

Is it able to remove map "click" sounds?
I tried to replace wavs in data/sounds/menu which are very similar by void wavs, but it not did it.

I want to replace only that zoom/click sounds on map, its pretty annoying to change the volume between map and hydrophone..

gap 12-12-15 04:45 PM

Ness Battery update :03:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...y%20layout.jpg

vdr1981 12-12-15 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2365762)
On my rig, platform collision mesh + StaticObject controller blocked the gun when the collision mesh was too close to the visible model. I had to find a balance between gun fucntionality and collision realism (if the mesh doesn't main model's shape closely, you basically hit an invisible wall).

Yes, this reminded me that maybe my y bone movement with gr2 editor has some impact, and yes...It seems that all is OK with gr2 file with original bones locations...

Your search lights issue could be the incication of some deeper problem or corrupted installation maybe? Light should work even with stock game IIRC...

EDIT
There's another problem though, If sub is close enough to the bunker and guns need to be trained down slightly, the shell will always hit some kind of invisible wall...

Yes, invisible collision wall is rising slightly above platform level, just checked in goblin...

gap 12-12-15 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365768)
Yes, this reminded me that maybe my y bone movement with gr2 editor has some impact, and yes...It seems that all is OK with gr2 file with original bones locations...

Very good :up:

I had told you that moving the bunker too mutch to the edge was not advisable. Not to detract from your newly acquired GR2 editing skills, but please replace your bunker with the version I am using in order to avoid future problems: :03:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc...nker_Large.GR2

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365768)
Your search lights issue could be the incication of some deeper problem or corrupted installation maybe? Light should work even with stock game IIRC...

Yep, I had no time to check what's going on, but that is lickely. :yep:

vdr1981 12-12-15 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2365773)
Very good :up:
I had told you that moving the bunker too mutch to the edge was not advisable.

Check edit... I would argue that actually it is advisiable, see why?

Quote:

but please replace your bunker with the version I am using in order to avoid future problems:
This is version slightly moved in front, right? If yes, then I've already did it ,done.:)

Sjizzle 12-12-15 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2365765)
Is it able to remove map "click" sounds?
I tried to replace wavs in data/sounds/menu which are very similar by void wavs, but it not did it.

I want to replace only that zoom/click sounds on map, its pretty annoying to change the volume between map and hydrophone..

u can remove that click / zoom sound need to edit the sound cfg from TWoS i am not sure which line give a bit of time to take a look there and will reply u back

palmic 12-12-15 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2365775)
u can remove that click / zoom sound need to edit the sound cfg from TWoS i am not sure which line give a bit of time to take a look there and will reply u back

Awesome, Thank you!

gap 12-12-15 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2365774)
This is version slightly moved in front, right? If yes, then I've already did it ,done.:)

Yep, the one I had posted after your remarks on bunker's position relative to its platforms :up:

Forgive me if I insist, but have you checked that nothing negative happens (at this point I am mostly concerned about CTD's, not about the bunker taking damage or not) when the bunker unit is destroyed? This is something you can't achieve with your deckgun though, you need the help of some aircraft equipped with heavy bombs or maybe a couple of of battleships/heavy cruisers. I just want to make sure that the new units wont destabilize your megamod.

And as you are at it, please fire two or three torpedoes against the bunker. Ideally they should explode against its platform with no consequences for bunker's integrity. :)

Trevally. 12-12-15 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2365767)
Ness Battery update :03:

Thats looking very good:yeah:

gap 12-12-15 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2365785)
Thats looking very good:yeah:

Thank you John, still working on it but I think you can already get an idea of what the final model will look like :)

vdr1981 12-12-15 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2365784)
Forgive me if I insist, but have you checked that nothing negative happens (at this point I am mostly concerned about CTD's, not about the bunker taking damage or not) when the bunker unit is destroyed? This is something you can't achieve with your deckgun though, you need the help of some aircraft equipped with heavy bombs or maybe a couple of of battleships/heavy cruisers. I just want to make sure that the new units wont destabilize your megamod.

And as you are at it, please fire two or three torpedoes against the bunker. Ideally they should explode against its platform with no consequences for bunker's integrity. :)

OK, that will require some extensive testing. Cant do it now though, but I could fire few torpedoes on it...:yep:

What about "guns hitting platform when trained down" problem? Could you lower invisible collision wall a bit?