SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-18-19 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2592396)
that's why i am asking because there is the lights.cfg file and hdr_interior_submarine.cfg in the mod... hmmm i have an idea...i will try to edit your light and hdr_interior_submarine.cfg files to make it more darker and creepy inside the uboat :D

I think that those particular cfg files should be OK...:yep:

Ashikaga 02-19-19 08:42 PM

To Vecko:

Von OKM.

Erste campagne Aenderungen ohne probleme vorgefahren. Neue standort: Lorient.

Vielen dank fur Ihre Arbeit!!!

Gruss,

Fregattenkapitaen Ashikaga.

TWoS 2.2.7

Sjizzle 02-20-19 03:09 AM

Vecko i have another question for u :D since i was away for a long time from Sh5 and now i wanna play again i found something strange for me ....there are no more docking ships in enemy ports ??? i was in Danzig dicking ship there

Edit:

also can u provide me a download link for this mods pls thx!
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes - MagDet range 2.5m (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files v2
FXU_0_0_22_Shells Explosions_No Debris
FXU_0_0_22_Debris Particles_CTD Fix
FXU_0_0_22_UBoot_Sensors.fx
IRAI_0_0_41_Sensors Difficulty Settings (init.aix)_v0.1
OHII v2.5 - Change days in bunker_24d_Flotillas.upc

vdr1981 02-20-19 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2592681)
Vecko i have another question for u :D since i was away for a long time from Sh5 and now i wanna play again i found something strange for me ....there are no more docking ships in enemy ports ??? i was in Danzig dicking ship there

There should be docked ships there, not too many but few certainly. Did you check with external camera?

Sjizzle 02-20-19 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2592683)
There should be docked ships there, not too many but few certainly. Did you check with external camera?

yea there was only 2 ...

THEBERBSTER 02-20-19 05:52 AM

Hi Guys
I have just started a new career again and noticed in Danzig there was only 1 ship my periscope could lock on to which I could not see so must be somewhere inside the harbor.

Shaefer also mentioned in his new videos that there was nothing in Stornoway harbor.

Peter

Sjizzle 02-20-19 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2592694)
Hi Guys
I have just started a new career again and noticed in Danzig there was only 1 ship my periscope could lock on to which I could not see so must be somewhere inside the harbor.

Shaefer also mentioned in his new videos that there was nothing in Stornoway harbor.

Peter

exactly there is 2 ships inside the harbor... if i remember as well there was around 6 - 8 ships

Edit and Update

i tried with 3 different mod list sober, mine, and vecko's amazing megamod and same thing only 2 ships in danzig inside the harbor....hmmmmmmm

Update 2

after testing on 3 computers with 3 different mods and read all OH II related mods documentation i found why...

this Mod OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5_TWoS Enhancement and in the read me file say

-Decreased number of anchored ships in allied/axis ports, especially in those which are too exposed and unprotected and/or in close proximity of enemy airbases.
- Remaining anchored allied shipping will now be packed inside harbors in order to protect them from underwater torpedo attacks (this wont be the case with American harbors BTW:))

- Added mines and subnets on a few tricky places...
- Remove player's abilities to take provision (aka torpedo and fuel) in every "blue" coastal willage outhere. Only historically correct bases will be able to support U-Boat operations...
- Added one medium sized target in "Sea Trials" area (WA and TP campaign) so player wont be penalized because of low tonnage score if he decides to return to Kiel.
- Revised harbor protections waypoints in a desperate attempt to prevent infamous static destroyers in ports bug. (Coastal Waters campaign only).
- Reduced skill level of Polish task force in Danzing to "competent" / Polish submarines to "competent" and "veteran".
- Revised/added civ. traffic in a few axis ports.

so all is fine Thx Vecko again for the great mods and enhancements

nabilp5 02-20-19 08:52 AM

lol Very excellent project I wish you all the best

gutted 02-21-19 08:38 AM

Often when i get a report about a convoy the message box will show them on a course of WSW @ 9kts... but if i look in the captain's log it will say W @ 9kts.

Why? And which one is correct?

vdr1981 02-21-19 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 2592863)
Often when i get a report about a convoy the message box will show them on a course of WSW @ 9kts... but if i look in the captain's log it will say W @ 9kts.

Probably modded and stock parts of the game differently calculate heading values. Not sure from where this comes exactly...:hmmm:
The real course in this case is probably somewhere in between WSW and W.

Sjizzle 02-21-19 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 2592863)

if u are confuse with WSW and this kind of direction u can change it from the TDW's option file viewer go to the radio tab and there u have show contact actual's course via relative course ( E ENE SE S etc ) change that from True to False

vdr1981 02-21-19 09:57 AM

v2.2.10
- New loading screen. Special thanks to gap and Edward Tambunan who has actually repainted the photo (U-96).
- Watch crew will now report bearing as well when group of units/convoy is in sight.
- Enhanced tooltip instructions for external torpedo reserves transfer in order to avoid confusion how to utilize this ability.
- Player's submarine in Monsun Gruppe campaign chapter ("silentotto" start) is changed to type VIIC since it is still too early for VIIC/41.
- Player's submarine in Turning Point campaign chapter ("silentotto" start) is changed to type VIIC instead of U-Flak. To start this campaign chapter using U-Flak, enable "Campaign Start_VIIB_UFlaK" addon prior your campaign start. In normal gameplay and without this add on enabled, U-Flak will be offered to player from mid 1943 to the end of the year, depending of current player'a rating.
- Edited starting bases of several campaigns in order to avoid unnecessary instant jumps between bases at the end of campaign chapter. Almost all base/flotilla transfers will be followed by the appropriate encrypted and unencrypted radio messages...
- Few more minor tweaks and fixes.
- In game credits page updated with latest TWoS suporter/donors.
- A big thank you for the latest outstanding TWoS supporters/donors: Peter "TheBerbster" Scott, Michal "Palmic" Palma, Alexander Zhavoronko, Robert Jesse Gary, Adrian Spence, Gerhard Pfundt, Enrique Frances, Aitor Avendano Ormaetxea, Jacques Alary, Thomas Oulie, Joachim Thieme.

Download links are in my signature!

Sorry for the delay guys but like I've already said, I'm very busy these days...But, I think I'll manage to provide few modding hours here and there occasionally...:03::salute:

Happy hunting!
:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

nabilp5 02-21-19 02:50 PM

Thank you for the best development I have ever seen :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Applaud:
I have a query
I have installed the previous version 2.2.9 full
Do I have to download the full version 2.2.10?:hmmm:
Or do I just install the update 2.2.10?:hmmm:

bstanko6 02-21-19 03:32 PM

this is a dumb question but I am just wondering. I am currently in a campaign with 2.2.9. Int eh mod disclaimer it says 2.2.10 is not compatible with later versions? Start new campaign? I have to start all over? Or does campaign mean like when i reach operation drumbeat? Id hate to start all over for the update!

Fifi 02-21-19 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabilp5 (Post 2592927)
Thank you for the best development I have ever seen :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Applaud:
I have a query
I have installed the previous version 2.2.9 full
Do I have to download the full version 2.2.10?:hmmm:
Or do I just install the update 2.2.10?:hmmm:

Installing the 2.2.10 update on top of 2.2.9 should do it :up: