SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Fifi 12-02-18 06:16 AM

Ok, that did it. No more unwanted sinking at high depth even running 1 knot :up:

But there are 2 patches to deactivate about manual dives planes.

vdr1981 12-02-18 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2579757)
Maybe deactivating manual dives planes in TDW patcher?

I don't think you'll achieve anything by doing this. If you leave dive planes on "auto" while in game, the patch has no effect at all.
In order to achieve what you want, you'll have to experiment with submarine mass and surfaced/submerged displacement values specified in the appropriate submarine's sim file, using Goblin editor...

fitzcarraldo 12-02-18 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2579758)
Ok, that did it. No more unwanted sinking at high depth even running 1 knot :up:

But there are 2 patches to deactivate about manual dives planes.

I think as Vecko, but I would to try your solution.

How could I disable the patches for dive planes? Via text edition?

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Fifi 12-02-18 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2579768)
I don't think you'll achieve anything by doing this. If you leave dive planes on "auto" while in game, the patch has no effect at all.
In order to achieve what you want, you'll have to experiment with submarine mass and surfaced/submerged displacement values specified in the appropriate submarine's sim file, using Goblin editor...

Well, with the patch deactivated, i stay steady even stopped at 180m in the red zone...that’s all i can say!
With my crew now 100% trained, if they can’t keep my sub steady even in deep depth without my help, it’s not really accurate for wolves of Kriegsmarine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2579774)
I think as Vecko, but I would to try your solution.

How could I disable the patches for dive planes? Via text edition?

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Open the TDW generic patcher, and find the 2 patches concerning manual dive planes.
Deactivate all inside and close. You’re good to test.

vdr1981 12-02-18 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2579778)
Well, with the patch deactivated, i stay steady even stopped at 180m in the red zone...that’s all i can say!

Pretty much the same will happen with diveplane patches enabled as well...180m is the "magic border" which I couldn't move deeper without messing up too much 0-180m depth settings. Like I said, submarine's mass/submerged/surfaced displacement and (maybe) you'll achieve what you want...:yep:

Quote:

With my crew now 100% trained, if they can’t keep my sub steady even in deep depth without my help, it’s not really accurate for wolves of Kriegsmarine!
I don't think that crew promotion points and and their train levels have anything to do with this issue but you are free to experiment of course. :salute:

Fifi 12-02-18 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2579785)
I don't think that crew promotion points and and their train levels have anything to do with this issue but you are free to experiment of course. :salute:

No, that’s not what i meant...ahhh, damn language barrier :D

Just for historical accuracy, if a well trained crew couldn’t keep a steady sub at 180m, they ‘d better try other stuff ... like baby sitting for example :haha:

Mine is actually 100%, so I expect they can keep a steady level any time.
Even if in real it was not that easy :03:

Before, when i was in red zone, the sub was sinking and only way to keep it level was regularly to blow ballast and play with the manual dives planes (not easy, you need some speed though, and when 3 DD are on top...)
After 3/4 ballast manœuvres you are air empty... hence dead.

I didn’t test over 180m yet, but i will (with the patches deactivated)
But so far, i’m Quite happy to don’t have to spend that much time for not sinking myself...
It’s enough tough to evade those Uber destroyers :D

Fifi 12-02-18 10:41 AM

So it seems you were right (again) Vecko... :03:

180m is the limit to not cross for steady sub.
Below, you have to give quite some speed to level up, and blow ballast to return at a normal depth.
But blowing ballast is VERY air consuming! Didn’t realize how much air each time... blowing twice you ‘re almost empty :o

Muckenberg 12-02-18 12:13 PM

Hello
I think that this problem is expressed in the game enough. At a depth of 180 meters, the ship has enormous power and can not keep it running without the engines. If my memory does not deceive me, it was sufficiently explained in the novel "Das Boot" by the chief engineer in a conversation with a propaganda worker. Unfortunately, I am unable to calculate how many kgs per square centimeter is affecting the hull of the submarine at this depth. But the pressure of the water column will surely be huge.

Tonci87 12-02-18 12:30 PM

So basically the weight of the water column above the boat starts to equalize the buoyancy?

Muckenberg 12-02-18 02:20 PM

Hi
I will find the passion in the book "Das Boot" and I will try to introduce a complete explanation of the problem here.
Just in a nutshell it's the way you wrote. If the ship goes into ever-greater depths, the weight of the water column is constantly increasing, and the ship continually compresses and thus increases its weight. The air that is in the submarine is constantly compressed, and so the less and less the boat is hovering. And at a certain depth, the ship gets to the condition that it is no longer hovering, but it falls naturally. And there are two ways to lift the boat, either use compressed air and inflate into ballast tanks, increasing air volume and active buoyancy, or using engines and rudders.
Just like a submarine captain you have to be able to decide what depths you dive into and how to use compressed air. :Kaleun_Salute:

heli 12-03-18 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2579424)
I'll upload the full 2.2.0 version for you + v2.2.3 update...

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ik68...u9mg31p/shared

Great thanks, that helps me! Now I have learned that the German mod is up to version v2.2.8 compatible. If you do not care, you could put this version even in network? :)

vdr1981 12-03-18 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heli (Post 2579932)
Great thanks, that helps me! Now I have learned that the German mod is up to version v2.2.8 compatible. If you do not care, you could put this version even in network? :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tyvc7v..._Full.exe/file :salute:

Edward Tambunan gave me permission to use his incredible repainted U-96 picture for new TWoS loading screen, which will look something like this...:yep:

https://i.postimg.cc/K89ZhXm5/Capture.jpg

Very SH5-ish I'd say...:)

Fifi 12-03-18 12:11 PM

Very nice loading screen :up:

On other hand, something that is making me crazy actually, is the absolute impossibility to get my flak gunner with rough sea...
Up to 10ms it’s dead :timeout:
He is on top of conning tower deck though! Waves doesn’t come to this heigh.

I know it’s game limitation (or more SH5 vanilla bug) but nothing can really be done?
Very frustrating...
Also i know i can do the job by myself, but AI gunner is ten times better than me!

gap 12-03-18 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2579940)
Edward Tambunan gave me permission to use his incredible repainted U-96 picture for new TWoS loading screen, which will look something like this...:yep:

Very nice, but imho the overlays are a bit messy. I would make the SH5 title text a bit bigger, the TWoS one slightly smaller (so that it won't hamper the visual of Klt. Lehmann lol) and I would move all the subsim/best of subsim patches to one side. The bottom right corner with its black connig tower silhouette seems perfect for that :03:

heli 12-03-18 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2579940)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tyvc7v..._Full.exe/file :salute:

Very SH5-ish I'd say...:)

vdr1981 you're my savior :Kaleun_Cheers:

Picture looks great :Kaleun_Applaud: