SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

LesBaker 02-14-17 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2466095)
Does the WOS remove these? I looked to see if I could add them back under the User Options File Editor but didn't see it. Am I missing something or is WOS trying to get me to plot all of my contact reports via lat/long?

One other thing (not related) is how can we ID the targets now? Used to be able to use the XO box to click and id ships. Now I can only "send mast height to TDC" from the Recognition manual...vice select it in the XO box. Can I assume this is because we have more Ships that aren't recognized by the XO box?

Enable the Wind & Smoke addon, then the XO will id the targets, be aware that the Wind & Smoke addon will lower the Realism rating.

Good Hunting
Les

finchOU 02-14-17 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2466097)
Enable the Wind & Smoke addon, then the XO will id the targets, be aware that the Wind & Smoke addon will lower the Realism rating.

Good Hunting
Les

Well I don't mind IDing the target myself....but I thought I'd be able to "select" the target from the XO Box or Rec Manual...vice just sending the Mast H to the TDC.

Roninthecow 02-14-17 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2466113)
Well I don't mind IDing the target myself....but I thought I'd be able to "select" the target from the XO Box or Rec Manual...vice just sending the Mast H to the TDC.

With wind and smoke mod, you can ID the ship by locking on it and using the torpedo man commands to id it.

Without it, there is only manual recognition. Basicly meaning you can send the ships info to tdc by using the rec manual.

fitzcarraldo 02-14-17 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felipeleon33 (Post 2466040)
is there any enviroment compatible mod for it?

TWoS has Dynamic Environment mod inside. For me, the best available. If you use another environment, this could cause some problem in the combination of mods.
You can use some of the optionals of Dynamic Environment in TWoS: better visibility underwater, the optional winds mod (I use the Hurricane optional without problems), seafloor, plants, etc.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

finchOU 02-14-17 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roninthecow (Post 2466129)
With wind and smoke mod, you can ID the ship by locking on it and using the torpedo man commands to id it.

Without it, there is only manual recognition. Basicly meaning you can send the ships info to tdc by using the rec manual.

yeah this is were I'm at. No worries..just wanted to have it in the XO box.

Any Idea about the Radio contact reports and why they don't show up on the Nav map (but are reported in the Captains log)?

Roninthecow 02-15-17 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2466171)
Any Idea about the Radio contact reports and why they don't show up on the Nav map (but are reported in the Captains log)?

Not a single "ghost merchant/warship mark" appears on the map?

finchOU 02-16-17 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roninthecow (Post 2466205)
Not a single "ghost merchant/warship mark" appears on the map?

Nope....used to get red boxes for single merchants and Convoys and diamonds for warships. They seem to be gone....so IDK?

vdr1981 02-16-17 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2466403)
Nope....used to get red boxes for single merchants and Convoys and diamonds for warships. They seem to be gone....so IDK?

Real Navigation removes all contacts from the map in new twos versions...

finchOU 02-16-17 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2466426)
Real Navigation removes all contacts from the map in new twos versions...

cool...so a feature. I guess I'll get my plotters out! :salute:

Anyway to get rid of the instant sinking ship message? I mean I like the instant gratification of the message, but realistically I don't really want to know its sinking until it officially dips below the water! The Messages basically make it easy for me to forget about those ships and not have to "help them sink". I wish there was a time delay...like an hour before it would notify me that I sank a ship. :hmmm:

vdr1981 02-16-17 04:17 PM

Uploading new update with OldCoder's Campaign Advance verifier scripts on board.
If you notice any previously unseen issues in normal gameplay, revert back to update 05c and report the issue here (What version of the game do you posses? How do you launch your SH5, Game lanucher, SH5.exe, KSDCommander? )...

Looking forward to some feedbacks...

Check my sig for download ...:salute:

Johansen Housen 02-16-17 06:56 PM

Been a while since I have played Silent Hunter but I had to take a minute to scoot over here and say what an amazing job everyone involved in TWoS have done with this overhaul. Watching those guys abandon ship and hearing their cries for help,... I can't even. Kudos gang.

TheGreatElector 02-16-17 11:03 PM

Great job

Can't wait for this mod, keep up the good work!

OldCoder 02-17-17 05:24 AM

Key bindings

Hi guys,

I'm trying to map the key bindings to my Steam controller. So I have a couple of questions.

First, rudder midships (KP0 indicated by F1 guide) doesn't seem functional.
Second, how can I change the bindings so that each tap of left arrow moves the rudder left by an additional 5 degrees instead of just to absolute port 5 degrees.

Once I have this info I can set up the bindings so that the game is a lot easier to play with a gamepad. Cheers.

THEBERBSTER 02-17-17 07:05 AM

Hi OC
It will depend on what keyboard system you are using.
Rudder amidships on my system is the hash key.
Some keys always seem to work differently than the F1 keyboard layout even in the stock game.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 02-17-17 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2466555)
Uploading new update with OldCoder's Campaign Advance verifier scripts on board.
If you notice any previously unseen issues in normal gameplay, revert back to update 05c and report the issue here (What version of the game do you posses? How do you launch your SH5, Game lanucher, SH5.exe, KSDCommander? )...

Looking forward to some feedbacks...

Check my sig for download ...:salute:

Is it needed to disengage Real Nav, yes? I understand the Oldcoder mod don't work with RN.

Best regards and many thanks.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: