SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Uboot1 12-19-15 02:57 AM

Quote:

- Where's mine tonnage bar?! I can't play without it!
I'm sorry...It's dead! The bug is removed from the game...
- I'm suffering infamous stuck tonnage bar bug, can I use this modpack without any problems?
By all means, yes...The whole concept of sink xxx tons to unlock next objective/campaign is abandoned. All objectives are now date controlled ...For more info check OHII addon"No Stupid Tonnage Bar_ Free Style Campaign" readme documentation...
:up:

BTW i never be in 3 campaign i always stuck in HP because of tonnage bar bug.

ReLax 12-20-15 12:43 PM

I wonder If there is the possibility to make some new voice recording for SH5. I love this Mod and I've got fun back to playing SH5. But some atmosphere killing things are the speech of the crew.
Is there any Mod-Project running to give your crew new speech? Is it planned to be integrated in TWOS?

Netscape Navigator 12-20-15 12:44 PM

Quick questions guys:

Game Options - I see they are pre-set and not vanilla default - I am assuming they are set proper to make the most of the mod correct?

Difficulty - when starting a new camp, should I leave this on medium to make the most of this mod?- or what difficulty was the mod intended for?

I am getting this message when I start a game: "The internet connection experiences problems and the current game session was saved. Please wait until the internet connection is restored or hit ok"

I'm assuming it's an issue with uplay client not working properly. This never used to happen when I played the Vanilla version.

palmic 12-20-15 01:17 PM

most anoying things

My list of most anoying things about sh5 in Wolves of steel (note its not ment to be negative, everything is so awesome, this is just top of what i would like to solve):
  1. mouse driven work on map (i need to have cursor at my geometry without clicking on tools, is it able to set shortcuts for it somehow?)
  2. sound efects at map tools switching, zooming and so.. (When i am working on hydrophone and using 4 bearing method, i need to have volume very up, these clicking sound effects are tearing my ears)
  3. boat on hydrophone sometimes is not heard. Its like a ghost ship, i presume its some bug

palmic 12-20-15 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2367654)
Quick questions guys:

Game Options - I see they are pre-set and not vanilla default - I am assuming they are set proper to make the most of the mod correct?

Difficulty - when starting a new camp, should I leave this on medium to make the most of this mod?- or what difficulty was the mod intended for?

I am getting this message when I start a game: "The internet connection experiences problems and the current game session was saved. Please wait until the internet connection is restored or hit ok"

I'm assuming it's an issue with uplay client not working properly. This never used to happen when I played the Vanilla version.

Difficulty: i would recommend you to play on full realism to beat all from this modpack. I am one month newbie to Wolves of Steel and i can use real navigation and all these things there at #1 now, just try..
(it does not make sense to install this realism mod and then choose medium difficulty)
Check youtube videos to find how navigate u-boat in wolves of steel (this is just 1/3 part, youll see 2/3 in right column and so....)

The second thing abou your connection seems to be relative to your SH5 installation, this mod pack is not compatible with steam version of you have one, check first post here with modpack readme.

THEBERBSTER 12-20-15 01:27 PM

Hi NN
Quote:

Game play options are linked to your realism setting you chose when you stared a new campaign.
Post #61 Game Play Settings In Silent Hunter 5

Please note if you are playing with patch 13 then the percentages showing will show lower on anything lower than "Realistic".

Game Play Options can be changed before doing your bunker save.

Quote:

The game is designed to be played at "Realistic = 100%
This will not suit the majority of gamer's and you should set a level of play that you are comfortable with and importantly are going to enjoy.
If it does not suit you then it is no big to start a new campaign again at a different realism level and customizing your game play levels to suit.

Never come across your Uplay problem before.

Peter

Netscape Navigator 12-20-15 01:52 PM

I reinstalled uplay and it seems to have solved the problem. I am in game and messing around.

I got this mod to make the game more realistic so, full realism it is. (just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break anything!)

Already I am seeing stuttering and massive dips in frames. I have a gtx 970 and a FX8350 and 32 gigs of ram...

In the install video by TheNorseCast he explains what to do with the osi.exe - which I did but it doesn't ever show up in my processess to change the priority so I'm a bit confused...??? Everything else was done to the T and seems to be working.

palmic 12-20-15 03:26 PM

i have 16g ram and gtx 960. I have it on max settings and its running smoothly as a movie..

vdr1981 12-20-15 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2367666)
In the install video by TheNorseCast he explains what to do with the osi.exe - which I did but it doesn't ever show up in my processess to change the priority so I'm a bit confused...??? Everything else was done to the T and seems to be working.

That part is optional and not entirely necessary with TWoS...Check FAQ for more...

Netscape Navigator 12-20-15 03:58 PM

Do any of you guys know if the voice recognition mod works if you are using wos? Of course there are many new features in wos, but I was just curious if the voice commands basic intended functions still work.

THEBERBSTER 12-20-15 07:30 PM

Hi Vecko
Can you check the patch 14 download as it is taking you to the bonus mods.

Peter

vdr1981 12-20-15 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2367721)
Hi Vecko
Can you check the patch 14 download as it is taking you to the bonus mods.

Peter

Yes, confirmed...:doh:
Here's alternative download ...

The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Patch 14

THEBERBSTER 12-21-15 06:42 AM

Hi Vecko
The patch 14 readme text file seems to contain a lot of information from patch 13 in it?

Under other tweaks it states patch 13 and not patch 14.
You do not normally carry forward old information.

Peter

vdr1981 12-21-15 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2367783)
Hi Vecko
The patch 14 readme text file seems to contain a lot of information from patch 13 in it?

You do not normally carry forward old information.

Peter

Is that a problem? :hmm2:
Patch 13 brings more changes so I decide to keep the change log in patch 14...:yep:
Quote:

There's patch 14 rubric too...

Netscape Navigator 12-21-15 12:23 PM

Error: "The internet connection experiences problems and the current game session was saved. Please wait until the internet connection is restored or hit ok to return to main menu"

Cause: Owning 2 copies of game, one steam (still uses uplay), one uplay. Uplay launcher launching wrong "version" of game resulting in uplay connection and or sync issue.

Solution: Rather than launching game through uplay do a direct launch via sh5.exe. Make sure to run as admin and compatibility mode of your OS. Launching this way enables you to "choose what version" via a uplay menu that should pop-up (note this WILL NOT pop up if launching from uplay!). There is no way to tell what version is which. Out of the two identical choices the bottom one worked for me. (tested 6 new game starts and loads and they all worked,) - interestingly enough when launching this way the incorrect version will just cycle uplay trying to connect within the same window - got you.

Notes: This issue has NOTHING to do with having two versions of the game installed or previous registry data causing conflicts. I am on a fresh install of windows 8.1 and the steam version hasn't been installed. Having owned both steam and non steam SH5 gold editions - the ONLY way to differentiate between the two is during the install process. My steam version won't allow me to select english or german voices. THIS is how I determined that I was about to install the non steam version I needed. In uplay you see a clone of a game - there is no other way to differentiate between the two. And drms are so lovely, you can't delete things from your library...

I'm sure this isn't a common issue. Maybe it will help someone. Time to go noob it up weeeee :rock: