SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Iorwerth 07-08-20 05:22 AM

Quick question about adding the Speech recognition mod (Mitons stock edition-1.4 English) to twos. I have seen others use this mod (i think it is this mod anyway) on YouTube vids with the Twos mod. When i use Twos-JSGME to add the mod I get a message saying "menu.txt has already been altered by Twos real navigation mod - enabling the mod 'may' have adverse effects etc". If I click yes to bring it over the Real Navigation mod gets greyed out.

I presume I am safe to use it, but wanted to check just in case by installing it and using it does stop real nav from working properly. If it does, is there a different speech recog mod I should use?

One other thing - I also saw someone using Das Boot voices, and was wondering which mod that was, as there are a number of them and I am not sure which is the best one to use with Twos? I think there may be some tweaking of the mod you also have to do with whichever Das Boot mod it was (I think i saw the mod being used on a Bstanko6 youtube vid, but could be wrong).

Any help/advice would be great!

Aktungbby 07-08-20 10:52 AM

Welcome aboard!

ksnoopy!:Kaleun_Salute: & lorwerth:Kaleun_Salute: a trifle belatedly

Texas Red 07-08-20 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iorwerth (Post 2682093)
Quick question about adding the Speech recognition mod (Mitons stock edition-1.4 English) to twos. I have seen others use this mod (i think it is this mod anyway) on YouTube vids with the Twos mod. When i use Twos-JSGME to add the mod I get a message saying "menu.txt has already been altered by Twos real navigation mod - enabling the mod 'may' have adverse effects etc". If I click yes to bring it over the Real Navigation mod gets greyed out.

I presume I am safe to use it, but wanted to check just in case by installing it and using it does stop real nav from working properly. If it does, is there a different speech recog mod I should use?

One other thing - I also saw someone using Das Boot voices, and was wondering which mod that was, as there are a number of them and I am not sure which is the best one to use with Twos? I think there may be some tweaking of the mod you also have to do with whichever Das Boot mod it was (I think i saw the mod being used on a Bstanko6 youtube vid, but could be wrong).

Any help/advice would be great!

I tried using it I think and it caused an issue for me. Apparantely there are two files, one for stock and the other for NewUIs. I would suggest using the NewUIs.

DackSter94 07-08-20 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2681385)
Great! :up: I could add this fix then to optional TWoS mods for anyone who use 4K resolutions...

It's also present on 1440p, you can see only the second number of latitude.

Iorwerth 07-09-20 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2682231)
I tried using it I think and it caused an issue for me. Apparantely there are two files, one for stock and the other for NewUIs. I would suggest using the NewUIs.

Thanks! It doesn't report a clash when I use the new UI one, so hopefully that will work :)

vdr1981 07-09-20 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DackSter94 (Post 2682259)
It's also present on 1440p, you can see only the second number of latitude.

Did my file fix the proroblem for 1440p as well?

boogieman335 07-09-20 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksnoopy (Post 2682064)
Noob question -- everyone recommends the Wolves of Steel mod pack, and I've installed it and its working good. One question I haven't seen anyone ask (sorry if its already been asked) -- are there other good mods I should consider adding as well that aren't included in WoS? Thanks!

My Boogie's Refit Complete 3.0 mod is in the download section under graphics and is designed for use with the TWoS. The mod will show a conflict with the real navigation mod in TWoS because it changes 2 graphic files that make the pencil lines{Black and Red} that are drawn on your map bolder and easier to see for tired old eyes like mine but doesn't affect gameplay as far as I know. It will changes the overall graphics of the interior and exterior of the type 7B and Type 7C boats as well as change the crew uniforms. It will also change the lighting and cloud appearence slightly. It has an included preset for use with Reshade ENB for improved shadow and shader effects using directx9 API which is whatSH5 uses. Screenshots are here:https://imgur.com/gallery/viQB4no

I have been using it in the 2.2.19 version of TWoS My mod list:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SteamLibrary\Steam\SteamApps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target ID
TWoS Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]
TWoS Map Contact Colors
Paajtors_Renown_cheat (compatible with Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast)
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
U-Boat Internal Routine SFX
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
Boogie's Refit for TWOS v3.0 Complete

As you can see from my list I play a very casual game without the real navigation and such but I have tested the mod with those parts enabled and found no conflicts other than the above mentioned pencil lines. The texture files used in the mod have been upgraded to the DXT5 format which allows a higher resolution than the base game textures without loss of FPS. In several insatnces it repairs mis aligned normal maps left over from the base game in TWoS, esp normals for the wood textures inside the boat and bunker. And last but certainly not least it cleans up those shockingly dirty heads found in the boats. My mother would have gasped in horror to see me living that way.LOL

gmetzo 07-10-20 01:32 AM

Hello there. After finishing instalation of the game and launching it uplay requires me to enter cd key. wtf??? if I uninstall the mod and the game and start from the begining the unmoded game works fine. but as soon as I install the mod uplay wants cd key. and not only that but I can not find a way to show me my cd key.... any ideas?

gmetzo 07-10-20 02:21 AM

I figured it out sorry for bothering new, I am very new to all this

boogieman335 07-11-20 10:51 AM

Boogies Refit mod

Hi guys,
I am posting this here because I created my mods for use with the Wolves of Steel mod and thus it is more likely to be seen by the users of the mods. I have received a couple of private messages asking about certain features and I would like to explain certain features of the mods and what they do.
Earlier versions of the mod;[ ver 1.3 and version 2.0] have the uniforms in a seperate folder for optional install. They also contain textures for the internals of the boats and repair some mis aligned normal maps carried over from the base game textures, esp the wood textures. They contain a custom lighting env file that tweaks the colors slightly, based on one of Sober's older files.

The Boogie's External mod contains only some of my external files and will require the user to download other files to complete the set based on Nozaurio's files from about 10 to 12 years ago that are still availiable on media fire.

The Boogies refit ver 3.0 complete is the latest version and is compatiable with version 2.2.19 of TWoS. It is what it says on the box. It contains textures for the internals of the boats and a combination of my textures and Nozaurios external textures for the type 7B and 7C boats converted to DXT5 format for greater resolution without sacrificing FPS. It also changes the uniforms to the basic grey uniforms. According to my research this was the most common worn uniform in the Atlantic as opposed to the khaki uniforms that were for tropical use. The uniforms in SH5 are not very realistic and as we all know Submarines in those days were nasty, sweltering ovens for their crews and I am sure many of the uniform regulations were relaxed to accomadate the reality. I changed the sweaters to more approximate the jumpers of the time and placed specialty and rank tabs on them. In this version the uniforms are part of the base mod and if the user wishes to not use them then you will have to open the texture folder and delete the uniform textures. These textures also affect the crewmen working in the bunker and their uniforms and work clothes. The mod also contains textures for the bunker itself including wood and concrete, barrels and oxygen tanks and certain fittings. The mod also contains a version of EMT's optics in a file structure that works with the mod so it changes the periscope optics, and the bino's.
The mod makes changes to the navigator uniform which always bothered me a lot because of it's clipping issues, and fixes a glitch with the animation of the watch officers uniform, where his uniformed changed twice upon entering the boat.
The further changes it makes are tweaks to the lighting and the density of the clouds.
The SH5.ini file that is included is a preset for use with the Reshade ENB. It is optional. If you wish to use Reshade download it from reshade.me and run the installer. A box will open where it will ask you to point it to the game and select it's rendering API which in the case of SH5 is Direct X 9. It will then download an assortment of custom shaders. When this is complete you will return to the little box which will be where you select the preset in the top section, and can select a screenshot folder if you desire one. Reshade can be opened in game and edited by pressing the home key. The current version at the time of this writing is ver 4.7 When you start the game there will be a message at the screen top to show that reshade is active. I hope this answers all the questions but if it does not feel free to send me a PM or email me directly at boogieman335@hotmail.com

Thanks guys,
Boogie

Smss 07-12-20 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksnoopy (Post 2682064)
are there other good mods I should consider adding as well that aren't included in WoS? Thanks!

Me too.

Mizzou55 07-14-20 10:18 AM

I just installed this mod and I really like it. However, there is one thing I don't like, and that is - whenever I'm in the sub at night, the interior is bathed in red light as it should be. The lights themselves are still bright white. Is there a mod I can install that will turn them red?

Thanks.

Texas Red 07-14-20 12:34 PM

I have a question.

In my medal box in SH5, I only have the Iron Cross Second Class and the Iron Cross First Class, but in KSD, I have all the medals except the German Cross in Gold. Is this intended for the game or is this a bug I can fix? If it is intended for the game, is there a way I could remove that feature so I can see my medals in-game?

TIA :salute:

vdr1981 07-14-20 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou55 (Post 2683260)
I just installed this mod and I really like it. However, there is one thing I don't like, and that is - whenever I'm in the sub at night, the interior is bathed in red light as it should be. The lights themselves are still bright white. Is there a mod I can install that will turn them red?

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of...

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2683288)
I have a question.

In my medal box in SH5, I only have the Iron Cross Second Class and the Iron Cross First Class, but in KSD, I have all the medals except the German Cross in Gold. Is this intended for the game or is this a bug I can fix? If it is intended for the game, is there a way I could remove that feature so I can see my medals in-game?

TIA :salute:

In game medals award system follows some weird logic and it can not be fixed. KSD commander medals on the other hand are completely historically accurate.

fitzcarraldo 07-14-20 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou55 (Post 2683260)

Thanks.

There is a mod called dark interiors. You will have white lights but soft and reddish lamps.. No red lamps.

Also you have the Rusted Glory mod with dark interiors.

And also you can use ReShade for regulate the interior lights via preset shaders. Elegant solution. I use it.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: