SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Lanzfeld 09-08-16 11:27 AM

nevermind

palmic 09-08-16 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2432807)
^^ kevinsue

Great!
What difficulty do you play? I never hate a DD..

kevinsue 09-08-16 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2432884)
Great!
What difficulty do you play? I never hate a DD..

86%..I have no external view and no stabilize view unchecked. Makes the UZO useable but the binoculars rock a lot more. I usually only have luck with DD's when they're at low speed and close range with torpedos set to fast and with the gyro's zeroed if possible, because any miscalculations with setting the TDC has less time to effect the shot. Sometimes you just get lucky like on this patrol but more often than not, you fire all your loaded torpedoes off into empty ocean and then spend hours quietly sitting on the bottom with the sound guy repeating over and over.."wasserbomben" :D

palmic 09-08-16 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2432918)
86%..I have no external view and no stabilize view unchecked. Makes the UZO useable but the binoculars rock a lot more. I usually only have luck with DD's when they're at low speed and close range with torpedos set to fast and with the gyro's zeroed if possible, because any miscalculations with setting the TDC has less time to effect the shot. Sometimes you just get lucky like on this patrol but more often than not, you fire all your loaded torpedoes off into empty ocean and then spend hours quietly sitting on the bottom with the sound guy repeating over and over.."wasserbomben" :D

Understand, good work kevin :)
If you fire with zero gyro, you at first doesn't need to set any distance, the distance set is therefor just timer for your stopwatch. But without zero gyro, you need even distance set somewhat precisely.
It depends. there are a lot of firing method.

I admire at most these ones..

Of course i fire mostly from stationary at 90 AOB target with 0 gyroangle. Last time a totally carnaged 5kt freighter by 2 eels.
I fired first at 3,5m depth contact pistol to the middle (to be sure) and one to 2,5m contact pistol to the front to be sure to destroy him.
He was for about 2km distant, ~10m/s wind (it was the reason why i fired with contact pistol).
And i hit both witm chirurgic accuracy.

i want to meet some convoy again, i spent about 2 months in atlantic without meeting any one :)

kevinsue 09-08-16 03:33 PM

I keep an eye on the radio contact reports of large slow convoys in the Captains log and plot their position and course. Any that look like they're heading in my general direction, I start plotting their progress using the speed charts and work out if there is a chance to intercept. The convoy's usually maintain the course and speed given with the initial contact report unless they are nearing their destination.

Von_Stolzenberg 09-08-16 03:42 PM

Thank you for this mod pack, maybe I will fine tune it a bit. As I dont like the rusty Ship so much (because of the texture clipping here and there)

But it is really a wonderful collection and spending some time to decrypt messages with the M4 is so god damn awesome. The PDF manual is really great.

also I fel miserable as I am only playing with 50% difficulty and I suck at navigation and memorizing alll the stuff I need to successfully calculate a torpedo setting for an attack.

Still have much fun =)


ohh BTW I can not figure out how to use the Options editor.... so I cant test the UI mods as well as finally get rid of changing options on map screen over and over again.

kevinsue 09-08-16 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2432919)

I admire at most these ones..

Thanks for that...excellent thread! :up:

palmic 09-08-16 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2432930)
Thanks for that...excellent thread! :up:

Yeah the best! :up:
The best thing is this really works in TWOS!

palmic 09-08-16 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von_Stolzenberg (Post 2432926)
Thank you for this mod pack, maybe I will fine tune it a bit. As I dont like the rusty Ship so much (because of the texture clipping here and there)

But it is really a wonderful collection and spending some time to decrypt messages with the M4 is so god damn awesome. The PDF manual is really great.

also I fel miserable as I am only playing with 50% difficulty and I suck at navigation and memorizing alll the stuff I need to successfully calculate a torpedo setting for an attack.

Still have much fun =)


ohh BTW I can not figure out how to use the Options editor.... so I cant test the UI mods as well as finally get rid of changing options on map screen over and over again.

I believe 100% of the guys playing lower difficulty TWOS just dont have all the info how relationship of sub with target does work.
You always have triangle there and most of the time the triangle tips are your stationary position, and 2 positions of your target. position where you are get all the info at first and position where you want to fire.

my #1 rule EVER is - If you see ship at some bearing and you know its AoB - you can simply subtract its future bearing at future AoB 1:1 - Its because the rule every inner angles in triangle sums always 180.
So when you see ship goes from your left to the right at bearing 270, with AoB 60 - it means you see him at tip of triangle with 60 degrees angle, you can say right now, he will be AoB 90 at your bearing 300! (270 + (90-60))
Because when you draw it, you have the triangle with his position at AoB60, his future position at 90AoB and your position.

The point at future 90AoB is 90 degrees, its current position 60 AoB = 60 degress, the angle at your position is therefore 180-90-60=30 degrees.

So it even means that if you want to shoot at his 120 AoB (when he will be already moving away), it will be at your bearing when you've seen him 90AoB+30 = 330. Everytime the same!

And what more - If you know where he will be 90 AoB, yhou dont ever need to mess with TDC manually, just move the periscope to the bearing were he will be 90 Aob, set TDC to manual, insert 90AoB, set TDC back to auto, move peri to him and you got him - TDC will show always his current AoB now dynamically!
And you didn't have to input some bullshet like 43 degrees AoB or something like this. You can always set 90 AoB easily into TDC..

Check this post

vdr1981 09-08-16 05:28 PM

You've done a lot of writing about "attack trigonometry" Palmic but they are somewhat hidden on forum...:yep:Maybe you should put some links in your signature ?:yep:

palmic 09-08-16 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2432946)
You've done a lot of writing about "attack trigonometry" Palmic but they are somewhat hidden on forum...:yep:Maybe you should put some links in your signature ?:yep:

Yeah sorry, exactly :salute:

vdr1981 09-08-16 05:55 PM

Anyone for yet another YT LP series? :O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFOkWwyLs9o

kevinsue 09-08-16 06:56 PM

Hi Vecko, just docked at Lorient and about to update to 16.8. You aren't about to release Update 16.9 any time soon are you? :D

palmic 09-09-16 12:26 AM

You dont need to wait for dock, you just need to save game and turn it off for few minutes to update the game :)

kevinsue 09-09-16 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2432033)
Lorient would be a fun port to enter on a dark stormy night. Except for the two light houses, there doesn't appear to be any other navigation beacons
marking the channel etc as the other ports such as Memel, Kiel and Wilhelmshaven have. Does anyone know if they have they just been omitted, or is
there some other reason for this? :hmmm: I suppose with French Champagne and Mademoiselle's waiting in port, expecting them to light the way as well
may be just expecting a little too much...:03:

Departed Lorient at 02:30 and still no channel beacons. Can anyone tell me which files contain the data that places these objects ingame. I'll try to replace those files to see if I can get those beacons back. :06:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.