SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-16-14 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsfrasse (Post 2207831)
vdr1981 I checked the readme but It wasn't really clear as to how I should go about enabling it. Should I just remove "disable unrealistic command" folder? Or can I adjust it in OptionsFileEditorViewer?

No, you can not use auto.ship recog. for now...

THEBERBSTER 05-16-14 06:08 PM

A warm welcome “simsfrasse“ to the Subsim family.:subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH5 post::salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

simsfrasse 05-17-14 09:19 AM

vdr1981 Ok is there anyway to identify the ship without it? It's so I can use stadimeter.

Also wondering if there is a list for all the keyboard commands for your mod.

THEBERBSTER Thank you much appreciated :up: I will bookmark your tutorial so I can look through it properly.

Sjizzle 05-17-14 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsfrasse (Post 2208037)
vdr1981 Ok is there anyway to identify the ship without it? It's so I can use stadimeter.

Also wondering if there is a list for all the keyboard commands for your mod.

THEBERBSTER Thank you much appreciated :up: I will bookmark your tutorial so I can look through it properly.

hit F1 and u have the keyboard commands ....

vdr1981 05-17-14 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsfrasse (Post 2208037)

Sure... Press "E", sellect ship, press "space" on selected target, and then "send mast height to TDC".

http://s13.postimg.org/5m6vq3l1z/SH5...7_21_41_31.jpg

Roberbond 05-17-14 05:43 PM

hi! can i use this mod without the real navigation?
if i don´t load the second folder (TDW real navegation) do i miss something else?

Is there a chance to auto identify the ships? i want to be a captain sub, nor the watchman, the navigator and all the troop!

wombat778 05-17-14 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2207770)
TAi map is disabled by default. You can enable it again via TDW options file editor viewer. Check step 6 again...

Thanks! After a bunch of messing around, I managed to get the TAI working again. I changed all the obvious options in the editor but it still wouldn't turn on, then I tried changing some of the non-obvious ones. One of the edits seemed to do the trick, so now I am good.

Out of curiosity (and probably a noob question), but what is the rationale for disabling the TAI? I use real navigation and I find it very useful for drawing my lines etc. quickly in the periscope view without switching to the full map. I also find it useful when sitting on the deck and navigating around ports so I can try to figure out where I am. There isn't anything obvious that seems like it is a "cheat," so I am just wondering why remove it.

vdr1981 05-18-14 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberbond (Post 2208203)
hi! can i use this mod without the real navigation?
if i don´t load the second folder (TDW real navegation) do i miss something else?

Yes...You're missing a whole point...

DiscoShrew 05-18-14 10:26 AM

When I try to download I get permission denied and a link to the Das Boot soundtrack on Amazon, I tried clearing my cookies but then I reached the download limit for the forum.. ha..:/\\!!

RollingRock 05-18-14 10:40 AM

Vecko, thanks for putting together this mod pack and thanks to the other mod developers for fixing this game up. I'm returning to the silent hunter series after a long break and this has made it very easy to get into the game.

Also Trevally your tutorials are awesome!

vdr1981 05-18-14 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscoShrew (Post 2208456)
When I try to download I get permission denied and a link to the Das Boot soundtrack on Amazon, I tried clearing my cookies but then I reached the download limit for the forum.. ha..:/\\!!

You're right... I'm going to check what's going on...

EDIT:
How about now?

Roberbond 05-18-14 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2208291)
Yes...You're missing a whole point...

but anything besides real navigation?

I really would like to use real navigation, but i want to set course with more than one direction and i can´t plot a course with this method so it is useless to me.

Sjizzle 05-18-14 11:24 AM

without real navigation u lose the most funnies part of the game

DiscoShrew 05-18-14 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2208465)
You're right... I'm going to check what's going on...

EDIT:
How about now?

I"ll have to check later, download limit and all that..

Trevally. 05-18-14 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingRock (Post 2208458)
Vecko, thanks for putting together this mod pack and thanks to the other mod developers for fixing this game up. I'm returning to the silent hunter series after a long break and this has made it very easy to get into the game.

Also Trevally your tutorials are awesome!

Thanks RollingRock :)