SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Anyone using Mod FOTRS I have Questions (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=256771)

Wolfar 03-08-24 11:34 AM

Anyone using Mod FOTRS I have Questions

I have been looking for a post about what this mod changes.

Seems to be MUCH more realistic and harder.

Thank you for any input!

:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 03-08-24 11:50 AM

Are you referring to FOTRS, or FotRSU? Fall of the Rising Sun (FOTRS) was the original from the AOTD_MadMax team, and was based on TMOv1.7. Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate (FotRSU) is a re-vamping of the various FOTRS mod releases into one version, with further additions. The first post of the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, full release Has a lot of details on FotRSU. Just click on the "Spoiler" boxes tags to see verbosity reign supreme before your very eyes... :haha: - also, in the mod's Support folder as well as its sub-folders are quite a few pdf files with details of various aspects of the mod, as well as research done for the mod. :salute:

Wolfar 03-08-24 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2905306)
Are you referring to FOTRS, or FotRSU? Fall of the Rising Sun (FOTRS) was the original from the AOTD_MadMax team, and was based on TMOv1.7. Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate (FotRSU) is a re-vamping of the various FOTRS mod releases into one version, with further additions. The first post of the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, full release Has a lot of details on FotRSU. Just click on the "Spoiler" boxes tags to see verbosity reign supreme before your very eyes... :haha: - also, in the mod's Support folder as well as its sub-folders are quite a few pdf files with details of various aspects of the mod, as well as research done for the mod. :salute:

It is FOTRSU.

Thanks I will go look for the pdf.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Wolfar 03-08-24 12:34 PM

Let me start by saying...... :Kaleun_Cheers:

The immense amount of work going into this is staggering!

They claim the mod makes the game easier not harder.

Well I gave up the stock SH4 Campaign and over 400k sunk to run this.

I think it is quite a bit harder now.

Got sunk by 2 Zeros Could not dive in time.

Hit a Japanese BB with 4 torps it did not sink FYI.

Tin Cans came and promptly sank me while running silent and deep.

Had to reload from saves both times.

So I say it is harder than stock!

:Kaleun_Salute:

JconradH 03-09-24 02:25 PM

Hi Wolfar,

I only started playing SH4 a few days ago. I've been playing the SH1 sim for the last 4 years.

There is an addon pack for the FOTRSU v1.8 mod you have that has many mini-mods attached- letting you pick more gameplay options, such as a more or less experienced enemy; along with few duds, medium duds, and many dud torpedoes, and other options. Look for this file in the mods downloads:

F101_FotRSUv18_FixPak

Enjoy!

Jeff

Wolfar 03-12-24 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JconradH (Post 2905453)
Hi Wolfar,

I only started playing SH4 a few days ago. I've been playing the SH1 sim for the last 4 years.

There is an addon pack for the FOTRSU v1.8 mod you have that has many mini-mods attached- letting you pick more gameplay options, such as a more or less experienced enemy; along with few duds, medium duds, and many dud torpedoes, and other options. Look for this file in the mods downloads:

F101_FotRSUv18_FixPak

Enjoy!

Jeff

Thank you, I will look into this.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

propbeanie 03-13-24 02:59 PM

Again, first page of the FotRSU Release thread, 2nd posting AddInModzPak_FotRSUv18 (mis-labeled in the thread title as v17). :salute: