SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Very sad day: Capt. Zeb Alford passes away (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154534)

lutzow 10-18-09 08:48 AM

Rest in peace eternal, Zeb.

Who knows when we meet.

patti 11-13-09 08:46 PM

Dads burial day gets closer

It has been almost 4 months since my Dad passed away and now he will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery on Nov 30, 2009. The long time from his death to his burial has been very difficult for me and I am having a very hard time coping with all of this.

I am in San Diego at a Realtors Convention and all around me is the sea, Naval Bases and sailing ships and it all reminds me so much of Dad. I wanted to call him on Veteran's Day like I always have to wish him a Happy Veterans Day and let him know how proud of him I was.

I love him and miss him so much and still can't believe that he is gone.

Patti

Red Devil 11-14-09 05:59 AM

I am not a religious person by any means, but, if what I believe is true, then your father is at peace, content and waits in the wings to welcome you in due course. I wont go into details here, not the place, but I 'know' he is well.

patti 12-05-09 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 1203326)
I am not a religious person by any means, but, if what I believe is true, then your father is at peace, content and waits in the wings to welcome you in due course. I wont go into details here, not the place, but I 'know' he is well.

I did not know if anyone was still posting here but it still gives me great comfort to read the posts so thank you very much for replying. The funeral in DC went very well and even though I was not able to go, one sister did and she said it was an awesome event, not really the right words, but I know you know what I mean.

Patti

Onkel Neal 12-14-09 09:25 AM

Hi Patti,

I have some pictures to post here as soon as I get them off my camera...now where did I leave my camera?

Carotio 12-16-09 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patti (Post 1203200)
It has been almost 4 months since my Dad passed away and now he will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery on Nov 30, 2009. The long time from his death to his burial has been very difficult for me and I am having a very hard time coping with all of this.

Sorry for asking, but is this normal anywhere? I mean, 4 months are REALLY long time from the time of death to the actual buriel. So again sorry for asking, but what was the reason for this?

I have only attended 3 buriels in my life: a friend died at the age of 10 in an accident, and I was only 11, so I don't remember details, but 2005 and 2007 my grandparents died, and they were buried the first or second sunday after the death.