SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Question - How to show RAOBF rings on periscope (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250653)

Trevor 09-30-21 09:56 AM

Question - How to show RAOBF rings on periscope

Hi all...I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me....I am trying to show/activate my RAOBF rings on my attack periscope but nothing happens...I watched an excellent RAOBF video by Bstank06 and all he did was to click on the bottom of the RAOBF ring above the periscope view, and voila, it appeared...when I try to click on the bottom of the RAOBF ring that is showing, my mouse pointer just disappears and gives me free view on the periscope...then when I click on the left mouse button again, my mouse pointer appears again...can't seem to figure it out guys!
I'm using SH3 with GWX and Magui F..

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated...

Onealex 09-30-21 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 2771537)
Hi all...I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me....I am trying to show/activate my RAOBF rings on my attack periscope but nothing happens...I watched an excellent RAOBF video by Bstank06 and all he did was to click on the bottom of the RAOBF ring above the periscope view, and voila, it appeared...when I try to click on the bottom of the RAOBF ring that is showing, my mouse pointer just disappears and gives me free view on the periscope...then when I click on the left mouse button again, my mouse pointer appears again...can't seem to figure it out guys!
I'm using SH3 with GWX and Magui F..

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated...

Enable Manual targeting in realism settings

Trevor 09-30-21 10:17 AM

Hey Onealex...thank you so much for your reply...that worked....I couldn't find realism settings so I had to go into Single Mission and change it...and it also changed it in Naval Academy...

Do I have to start a new career if I want to change it in my saved career?...

Thank you again

Onealex 09-30-21 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 2771546)
Hey Onealex...thank you so much for your reply...that worked....I couldn't find realism settings so I had to go into Single Mission and change it...and it also changed it in Naval Academy...

Do I have to start a new career if I want to change it in my saved career?...

Thank you again

You can change the realism settings when your boat is in base

Trevor 09-30-21 10:28 AM

Ah OK, so I can't change it now when I'm at sea...OK, I'll have to start a new career then...many thanks for your help...I really appreciate it

Aktungbby 09-30-21 11:06 AM

welcome aboard!

Trevor!:Kaleun_Salute:

Trevor 09-30-21 11:12 AM

Thank you Aktungbby...vielen dank herr kaleun

Mad Mardigan 09-30-21 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 2771549)
Ah OK, so I can't change it now when I'm at sea...OK, I'll have to start a new career then...many thanks for your help...I really appreciate it

Just click on the very top save, when you go to start the career you already started (that is, assuming you haven't deleted it already...:hmmm:) & by doing that, it "should" start you off, back in base... BEFORE starting out on your 1st patrol... where you can then before clicking "start" after clicking on the map... click on the "realism" settings & from there... be able to implement what 1 Alex said to do...

Hope this helps... :shucks: :yep:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Trevor 10-01-21 07:03 AM

Hi M.M. thank you for your advice...I'm not sure what you mean about "start you off BACK in base"....I have already started a career and when I load it, I press continue and this puts me back at sea from where I last logged into the game...my last position....I am assuming you mean to start that career again back at base?...sorry for sounding a bit thick...:k_confused:

Mad Mardigan 10-01-21 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 2771707)
Hi M.M. thank you for your advice...I'm not sure what you mean about "start you off BACK in base"....I have already started a career and when I load it, I press continue and this puts me back at sea from where I last logged into the game...my last position....I am assuming you mean to start that career again back at base?...sorry for sounding a bit thick...:k_confused:

Ok, when you load up, to continue... you go to select the kaleun... after that, it gives the option new or continue... clicking continue takes you further down the rabbit hole to... a list of saves...

with Me thus far...:hmmm:

In that list, it is set from the very top selection.. is the 1 that starts you off... not having patrolled... at all. & each save after that headed to the bottom... is every save in progression.

Clicking on that very tip top save in the list would basically reset your career...

BUT....

be warned... doing so & choosing that save, WILL wipe out ALL the saves that come after it.

The only other way to get back to base to do any changes... would be to finish the current objective aka mission... or, to wipe out that kaleun & start anew...

Trust that I have now made Myself, perfectly clear... & hope that helps.... :shucks: :yep:

M. M.

Trevor 10-03-21 11:03 AM

Hi M.M...all sorted, thanks to your advice....I appreciate your help...many thanks...good hunting!

Mad Mardigan 10-03-21 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 2772208)
Hi M.M...all sorted, thanks to your advice....I appreciate your help...many thanks...good hunting!

:up:

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde...

M. M.