SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH3 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Naval Bases, Ports, Docks, Harbors and such (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101367)

under_dog6 07-08-05 11:24 AM

Naval Bases, Ports, Docks, Harbors and such

Im trying to add shipes in the ports but i cant see the ports in the mission editor. Ive looked all over and cant seem to find the answer sow pleaase help me :up:

Shadow9216 07-08-05 11:47 AM

Under_dog, not sure what you're asking for here- are you building a single mission or working on the LND layer? That file has the locations of all the buildings, ports, cities, etc- anything on land.

You might want to PM Rubini, he's developed some nice harbor traffic and he could probably answer your questions better.

Drebbel 07-08-05 11:53 AM

Try the "SH3 Mission Designers' Forum" at:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/index.php

Normally you will see the ports by zooming in.

They are visible in every layer. SCR, LNF and RND layer.

Use the mousewheel, or the + key to zoom in.

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:08 PM

Im building a single player mission and trying to add docked shipes to ports. Ive tried zooming in that does not work. I've loaded the Campain_LND.mis and i zoomed in on a port and i still get no picture of the port.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by under_dog6
Im building a single player mission and trying to add docked shipes to ports. Ive tried zooming in that does not work. I've loaded the Campain_LND.mis and i zoomed in on a port and i still get no picture of the port.

Do you use the standard RND/LND/SCR layers to build your single mission upon ?

So what DO you see when you zoon in to for instance Wilhelmshaven ? Maybe you can even include a screenshot.

Do you see anything else in the world when using the mission editor ? Units ? Waypoints ? Bases ? City Names ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:29 PM

I would include a screen shot if i could figure out how :damn: When i zoom in on the ports i see a up side down green T thats it. I have tried useing the RND/LND/SCR files to build my maps before. Yes i do see Units/Waypoints/Bases /City Names/ but only when i use the RND/LND/SCR files. Thanks for your help sow far ill get the screen shot as soon as i can.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:31 PM

Quote:

I would include a screen shot if i could figure out how :damn: When i zoom in on the ports i see a up side down green T thats it. I have tried useing the RND/LND/SCR files to build my maps before. Yes i do see Units/Waypoints/Bases /City Names/ but only when i use the RND/LND/SCR files. Thanks for your help sow far ill get the screen shot as soon as i can.

Stupid Q from me: Did you zoom in close enough ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:34 PM

I Zoomed in all the way :o

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:39 PM

Quote:

I Zoomed in all the way :o

Untill the scale is 0-200 meters, right ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:41 PM

Yes i did.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:43 PM

Quote:

Yes i did.

Strange.

Please check the directory:

......\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\MissionEditor\L ocations\

Does it contain 33 tga files that resemble the ports ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:46 PM

yes it does have 33 .tga file :D Thanks for your help so far.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:50 PM

Hmm, very strange.

Can you see the ports when zooming in on the F5 map using SHIII game itself ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:59 PM

yes i can see the ports when playing thethe game. Am i like the only one having this problem :hmm:

Drebbel 07-08-05 01:05 PM

Quote:

yes i can see the ports when playing thethe game. Am i like the only one having this problem :hmm:

Looks like it :-)

My Sh3MissionEditor.exe file is from saturday 26 februari 2005, 16:35:32 and is 450.560 bytes.

When the file names/directory names are incorrect the editor does not crash but simply does not dispaly the harbors.

Lets do a check, just to be sure. The Alexandria directory+filenameon my system is:

Code:

....\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\MissionEditor\Locations\HB_Alexandria.tga
Make sure you line is exactly the same.