SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THE_MASK 08-31-16 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2430793)
Just had a second ctd.
One in the current patrol.
One in the previous patrol.
Both times talking to the crew to keep the morale up.
The ctd's both happened when talking to the last crew member Kurt Faust in the stern torpedo room.
Is there a right way or wrong way to speak to the crew?
Do you speak to just some of them or, all of them as you go through the boat?
At the beginning of a game load?
At anytime?
After a number of hours?
Once a day?
Morale can drop quite quickly so I would like to do the right thing and get on top of these ctd's.
Peter

Might be a memory issue . Try playing with the low graphics option ingame options . Hardly makes any difference to my game quality but the game runs a lot smoother . Vecko is the man to nut out ctds :up:

Nobon 08-31-16 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2431015)
Hi Nobon

Just save the game an then load the saved game, Then the destroyer will stop following you. I had this a couple of times with enemy destroyers.......i went crazy :timeout:

So when i had this the first time i saved the game and quit.The next day i loaded the save game and the destroyers stopped following me :up:

Michael

Thank you very much, Herr Kaleun! :) I do understand the enemy destroyer,
but our Kriegsmarine zerstörer were just odd... He always kept his distance intentionally... XD Practically shadowing me.

Other:
I don`t know how should the mod work, but I got my second ever Enigma message, (after tons of unencoded msgs from BdU, and Kriegsmarine, and such and such weird branches and tops of the command line, as I only got used to BdU, XD
so I got my second enigma message, first on this patrol, came after two and a halfr days, and shedload of normal comms, we will see that this is a duplicate of a non-encoded one, or not.

By the way, I love the mod.
Very nice one, SkyBaron!
The machine itself and the paperwork for it is practically artistic level.

DafXF95 09-01-16 04:11 AM

Ok thanks for the posts..
I will try it to become this great mod to work in my Steam Version.

Greeting DafXF

THEBERBSTER 09-01-16 04:21 AM

Hi sober
I have a 4gb gpu and have been using high graphics with over 150 game saves without any problems.
The only difference over time is that I talk to my crew more than I used to because of the morale situation.
I will certainly try your idea.
Kurt Faust seems to be the problem and Vecko says I do not need to speak to him.
Peter

vdr1981 09-01-16 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2431130)
Hi sober
I have a 4gb gpu and have been using high graphics with over 150 game saves without any problems.
The only difference over time is that I talk to my crew more than I used to because of the morale situation.
I will certainly try your idea.
Kurt Faust seems to be the problem and Vecko says I do not need to speak to him.
Peter

Haven't you notice that "moral chit-chatting" works only one time per patrol?:hmm2: This is pretty obvious...

fitzcarraldo 09-01-16 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2431138)
Haven't you notice that "moral chit-chatting" works only one time per patrol?:hmm2: This is pretty obvious...

That´s true.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 09-01-16 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2431042)
Might be a memory issue . Try playing with the low graphics option ingame options . Hardly makes any difference to my game quality but the game runs a lot smoother . Vecko is the man to nut out ctds :up:

Sober: respect graphics options and FPS, I´m suspecting I have a problem with the antilag dll. It seems this thing "degrades" my games (and my savegames- reloads), lowering my FPS from a fixed 35 (I can obtain more from my machine, with traffic, smoke, etc), to an unplayable 8-10 FPS. Saving and reloading the game don´t resolve the issue.

I want to disable the antilag because this problem...

The kameraden tell me you know something abut this issue.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

THEBERBSTER 09-01-16 07:29 AM

Hi Vecko
No I did not.
How do you keep morale up if you are away at sea for weeks?
Morale seems to drop quite quickly.
Can you give some some guidance on this issue please.
I am sure it would also be helpful to others as well.
Peter

palmic 09-01-16 11:18 AM

Finally Paypal added direct payment via card - happy to support subsim! :salute:

palmic 09-01-16 02:25 PM

At the flags chart there is missing iceland one :03:

vdr1981 09-01-16 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2431290)
At the flags chart there is missing iceland one :03:

Hey Palmic! :salute:

You mean on stock flags chart with dates or flags shown in recognition manual? Screenshot?:hmm2:

kevinsue 09-01-16 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2431192)
Hi Vecko
No I did not.
Peter

A couple of stowaway Fräuleins would be a good start...:yep:

palmic 09-01-16 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2431307)
Hey Palmic! :salute:

You mean on stock flags chart with dates or flags shown in recognition manual? Screenshot?:hmm2:

Yeah - I mean on stock flags chart with dates or flags shown in recognition manual.
- The flag chart (E -> default -> flags).

I met an Island ship in the middle of atlantic in the night and i mistaken myself to be an norway ship because most of us (including me) takes the chart as ultimate encyclopedia of flags in the threat moment! :-)

vdr1981 09-01-16 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2431192)
Hi Vecko
No I did not.
Peter

Good food and Bosun's intervention, smartly timed of course... Also, completion of secondary missions and capital ships/warships kills will increase your crew moral significantly. And of course, talking with your crew but only once per patrol, and you already know that some "painful" questions can effect negatively crew moral, like if you ask Beno about his parents ect...:yep:

vdr1981 09-01-16 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2431362)
Yeah - I mean on stock flags chart with dates or flags shown in recognition manual.
- The flag chart (E -> default -> flags) I met an Island ship in the middle of atlantic in the night and i mistaken myself to be an norway ship :-)

Yes, I think that's a stock game chart and it misses few nations added with OHII. My dds editing skills are not up to the task to fix this. Maybe someone else will...:hmm2:

It's better to use flags shown in recognition manual...