SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 10-06-15 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2349377)
You know, looking at those amazing screenshots I remind of "Aces of the Deep", "Silent Hunter 2" and how far we got (graphics and simmulation wise) after all those years...

Graphics may move forward, I agree...But "simulation element" , I don't think so...:)
This is the era of World of Tanks, Warplanes, even Warships and simmilar craps...:haha:

Anyway...I've finished importing, anyone want to test this beauty in game?:)

Bera 10-06-15 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2349412)
Graphics may move forward, I agree...But "simulation element" , I don't think so...:)
This is the era of World of Tanks, Warplanes, even Warships and simmilar craps...:haha:

Looks amazing!

Today I was targeting a merchant ship (she was really close) and I noticed that it´s crew were moving around the ship. Does this happen with all ships in the game? Because I´ve been playing it for some days (with OHII) and haven´t noticed it so far...

vdr1981 10-06-15 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera (Post 2349415)
Looks amazing!

Today I was targeting a merchant ship (she was really close) and I noticed that it´s crew were moving around the ship. Does this happen with all ships in the game? Because I´ve been playing it for some days (with OHII) and haven´t noticed it so far...

Yes, I think so...Not with this ship though.
Still haven't figured out how to add the crew...:)

Jimbuna 10-06-15 01:17 PM

Reminds me a little of the Q Ship in SH3 (but two masts as opposed to four).

Catastrophy 10-06-15 04:36 PM

Took me three tries to install it. I guess I did it wrong with the patch 9 of the mod. Now it seems to run, but my nice GPS ownship marker is gone!!! I am beginning to think it might be a feature.
I promptly ran aground when trying to exit Memel harbour while trying to find stuff to order navigation. I think I need to do those autoscripts for introduction and tutorials?

Aktungbby 10-06-15 04:39 PM

welcome aboard!

Catastrophy!:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 10-06-15 04:48 PM

Great work! There is a lot of nice ships from SH4 to convert...

Installed patch 9 and no problems.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Tonci87 10-06-15 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophy (Post 2349466)
Took me three tries to install it. I guess I did it wrong with the patch 9 of the mod. Now it seems to run, but my nice GPS ownship marker is gone!!! I am beginning to think it might be a feature.
I promptly ran aground when trying to exit Memel harbour while trying to find stuff to order navigation. I think I need to do those autoscripts for introduction and tutorials?

That is indeed a feature. You are now using Realnavigation.
Look up some tutorials on Realnavigation to see how the autoscripts for that work. If you have trouble exciting a port there are also harbour pilot autoscripts in the game.

Catastrophy 10-06-15 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2349471)
That is indeed a feature. You are now using Realnavigation.
Look up some tutorials on Realnavigation to see how the autoscripts for that work. If you have trouble exciting a port there are also harbour pilot autoscripts in the game.

Will do. I'm looking forward to figure out the sextant use. As for the harbour: It was just a shovel of sand under our keel. We've reached open water and it's 240 miles or so to the target area. I gotta find out how to make TC work, too.

THEBERBSTER 10-06-15 06:53 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Catastrophy:subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.:salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:

Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos:salute::salute::salute:

YoYo 10-07-15 01:19 AM

Hi,
I met yesterday in British convoy this LST:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psgxmv0vry.jpg

Is it ok? Hmmm, June 1940....
Patch 9.

Magic1111 10-07-15 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2349373)
That looks nice!

Yes, very nice! :up:

Jimbuna 10-07-15 06:57 AM

Welcome to SubSim Catastrophy :sunny:

gap 10-07-15 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2349412)

:yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2349418)
Still haven't figured out how to add the crew...:)

What do you need to know?

YoYo 10-07-15 11:42 AM

Hello,

@vdr1981,

A little free time. I did logo for WofS based on kriegsmarine flag and UZO idea (for banners, mod webpage, next my movie ;> ect). If You like it and want to use it as official logo please PM me.

http://s25.postimg.org/eqo6mcbfx/Test2.gif