SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 06-17-15 07:01 AM

Using any additional mods Theberbster?:hmmm:

Did you enabled/disabled some SHsim.act patches after campaign start by any chance?

psykopatsak 06-17-15 07:29 AM

During a patrol outside the Thames, I noticed when attempting a crash dive from airplanes, that the crash dive is REALLY SLOW. Like more than ten seconds of chillin' and doing nothing. Much faster to just order periscope depth, ahead flank and then a new set depth.

Is there something wrong here with my install?

vdr1981 06-17-15 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psykopatsak (Post 2321788)
During a patrol outside the Thames, I noticed when attempting a crash dive from airplanes, that the crash dive is REALLY SLOW. Like more than ten seconds of chillin' and doing nothing. Much faster to just order periscope depth, ahead flank and then a new set depth.

Is there something wrong here with my install?

CD delay simulates crew entering submarine and without it sub will CD unrealistically fast... You can tweak this time with Options File Editor/Viewer...

THEBERBSTER 06-17-15 08:16 AM

[D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 4
The Wolves of Steel - 16x9 Resolution Patch
DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test
sobers 7A_B deck crew moved for Shaefer SH5
DeckKannon
Overlay for TAI and Navigation maps by Shmal
The Wolves of Steel - Wind & Smoke addon
Clock by Shmal

No additional changes made.
Shmal's mods only change .dds files

THEBERBSTER 06-17-15 08:18 AM

The Options File Editor Viewer default setting in the Crash Dive tab is 25 seconds.

vdr1981 06-17-15 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2321806)
[D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 4
The Wolves of Steel - 16x9 Resolution Patch
DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test
sobers 7A_B deck crew moved for Shaefer SH5
DeckKannon
Overlay for TAI and Navigation maps by Shmal
The Wolves of Steel - Wind & Smoke addon
Clock by Shmal

No additional changes made.
Shmal's mods only change .dds files

Not sure what to say because just recently I passed Coastal Waters and Happy Times with a single but totally unrelated CTD, even with this old PC of mine...:hmmm:

I only know that the most important things for relatively stable gameplay (this stands for any modlist) are these two :

- Occasional save and complete restart of the game between the actions during long patrols is highly recommended! Always make a gamesave in the bunker and restart the game before you start new patrol.
- Game save with complete restart of the game at the beginning and especially at the end of each patrol (approx. 100-200 Km from home port) is highly recommended. This will improve game stability and further reduce number of random CTD's.

Also , I'm really not sure anymore how to formulate or what to wright in my tips for stable gamepley anymore because, no matter what I wrote , many people will still do "their way" and fail to recognize what SH5 engine actually doesn't like.

psykopatsak 06-17-15 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2321798)
CD delay simulates crew entering submarine and without it sub will CD unrealistically fast... You can tweak this time with Options File Editor/Viewer...

So then the problem is that the delay is not simulated for periscope depth manouvres, or other dives?

vdr1981 06-17-15 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psykopatsak (Post 2321822)
So then the problem is that the delay is not simulated for periscope depth manouvres, or other dives?

No...Other commands are OK without delay.

THEBERBSTER 06-17-15 10:20 AM

Hi vecko
Quote > - Occasional save and complete restart of the game between the actions during long patrols is highly recommended! Always make a gamesave in the bunker and restart the game before you start new patrol.

Did a manual save 200 km from Kiel (following your instructions)
When you end the patrol (Baltic) you are placed automatically in the bunker.
Used the Esc key and over wrote the Autosave Enter Base (AEB)
Exited the game as I did not have enough time to start the new patrol.
Loaded the game later and used the updated AEB and requested the mission.

Peter

Eragon333 06-17-15 11:20 AM

I have a problem.
I did all like in the instruction but when I go into the game there are buttons which I can't click.
Also when I open a new game there is a black screen with the GUI.

Does anybody know where is the mistake?

Thank you :)

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/1...p/cyignuer.jpg

Sjizzle 06-17-15 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eragon333 (Post 2321860)
I have a problem.
I did all like in the instruction but when I go into the game there are buttons which I can't click.
Also when I open a new game there is a black screen with the GUI.

Does anybody know where is the mistake?

Thank you :)

delete all ********_Draggables.TDW files from your main folder of SH5 and if u still have that problem then try a fresh install of sh5

kevinsue 06-17-15 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2321866)
delete all ********_Draggables.TDW files from your main folder of SH5 and if u still have that problem then try a fresh install of sh5

Also ensure that your game is patched to v1.2 :hmm2:

kevinsue 06-17-15 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2319643)
No problems but I have to find the sound...Maybe to extract it from Das Boot, we'll see...:up:

Hey Vdr...I found this sound again after a bit of a search because I remember having it in a previous install but couldn't remember where or what sound file it was. It's amb_OceanSkyline_Q.wav from Stormy's DBSM and it sounds great, especially if you start pushing into heavy seas. Might be worth having a listen to..:yep:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2...nSkyline_Q.zip

vdr1981 06-18-15 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2321894)
Hey Vdr...I found this sound again after a bit of a search because I remember having it in a previous install but couldn't remember where or what sound file it was. It's amb_OceanSkyline_Q.wav from Stormy's DBSM and it sounds great, especially if you start pushing into heavy seas. Might be worth having a listen to..:yep:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2...nSkyline_Q.zip

I can almost hear Lt. Werner screaming like crazy...:)

SiggeMan 06-18-15 06:45 AM

Waypoint question

Hey everybody, "good midsummer". I just have one question regarding the wolves of steel mod. I just installed today, and im already in love with it. I usually like to do most of the stuff manually, but i dont really feel like having real navigation atm, and i saw another guy who had the same wish as me, and he simply just needed to disable "TDW's real navigation" to get waypoints "back". Me myself did this, but nothing happened? I still have real navigation apparantly. Any way to solve this? And also, if i need to restart the career, i havent done that yet, so im sorry if this was a kind of unnescerary post. A matter of fact, im going to try to restart campaing now XD