SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

joselillpdl 05-04-15 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2311571)
1. Open "GenericPatcher.cfg" with notepad, found in "Silent Hunter 5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0" folder

2. Edit lines marked in red to match your SH5 installation path, if necessary...
Code:

ClientAreaWidth=1184
ClientAreaHeight=765
LanguagePackInUse=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0\LanguagePacks\English
CameraManager.act=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
EnvSim.act=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
kernel.dll=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
sh5.exe=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHCollisions.act=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHSim.act=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHSound.act=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SH_NClient.dll=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SimData.dll=C:\games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

3. When done, start GenericPatcher.exe found in the same folder, click "file" then "open" and start hitting "enter" key like crazy until you see this picture...

4. Now, click "File" - "Restore snapshot" and browse "Silent Hunter 5/ TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/Snapshot" for Snapshot 1_0_168_0 7_5_0_.gps and sellect it...

5. Done...

Perfect. I turn off the mods were added and completed the process that set me and now I have it as the default.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8/SH5/MOD2.jpg

Thank you.

kevinsue 05-04-15 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2311509)
My understanding is that the RAOBF is not historically correct for WWII uboats?

Steve

Here is a quote from a thread posted by joegrundman back in 2012 which may explain why the RAOBF is used in SH5.

Quote:

let's clarify that there are 3 rotating tools from the old u-jagd tools mod for sh3 that have been (improved) and ported over to sh5.

There is the RAOBF which goes around the periscope view, used for determining range, aob, or ships length and height if you start from the opposite side of the problem.

There is the attack disk (angriffscheibe) used to flip rapidly between determined aob and target course

There is the speed omnimeter slide rule which is used for many calculations, but primarily for calculating interception angles between sub and target, but also can be used for finding torpedo lead angles and many other things too.

The RAOBF is a copy of a ww1 tool that was fitted to the eyepiece of ww1 and early ww2 periscopes. Later in ww2, the German periscope changed to an advanced binocular design with a chair for the viewer to sit on. The binocular design did not have the ww1 era split-prism. That had to be abandoned to enable the binocular effect which was considered by all to be far advantageous to the split-prism.

But on a computer screen we cannot yet create true binocular vision, so it is advantageous to us to stick with the ww1 and early ww2 (and the us style) model of split prism with RAOBF.

The attack disk was a historical tool clearly of ww1 or earlier ancestry

the speed omnimeter is just a slide rule. the particular design is derived from the back side of the USN equivalent of the attack disk, the Is-Was, or Submarine Attack Course Finder. It is not derived from any known slide rule of the KM, but it is clear that the Germans knew all about slide rule technology since they were invented in the 1600s. The KM, like other navies' undoubtedly had a whole range of sliderules for solving all mathematical problems pertinent to being a submarine at sea.

mobucks 05-04-15 10:34 PM

Silent running in this mod.

Hit the silent running key (f7) in my game, nothing happens.

Ask XO to rig for silent running. Moron replies "cannot comply"

Click through CE menu for propulsion, click silent running. Seems to work, however there is no usual icon displaying our state, like (the two different?!) battlestations icon(s) do.

Also people are still addressing me in the non hushed voices.

Is this normal behavior?

kevinsue 05-05-15 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 2311612)
Silent running in this mod.

Hit the silent running key (f7) in my game, nothing happens.

Ask XO to rig for silent running. Moron replies "cannot comply"

Click through CE menu for propulsion, click silent running. Seems to work, however there is no usual icon displaying our state, like (the two different?!) battlestations icon(s) do.

Also people are still addressing me in the non hushed voices.

Is this normal behavior?

Are you sure that one of the"battlestations" icon is not the "silent running" one? It normally looks kind of like an "ear".:hmmm:

The CE order bar is where I normally select silent running unless you are running speech recognition. Then you can just scream at your crew to "SHUT THE HELL UP!!" or whatever obscenity you care to script in to get the desired result. :D

Aktungbby 05-05-15 01:51 AM

welcome aboard!

joselillpdl!:Kaleun_Salute:

mobucks 05-05-15 05:06 AM

When you order silent running from the CE orders menu, does a little ear icon appear for you? (like battlestations icon et. al.) No icon was showing for me doing it this way.

I think maybe the game was bugged, need to reload and try all this again.

And no, there really is two separate battlestations orders and icons; one in the WO's menu with it's own sound and icon, and the regular F7/Ask the XO directly which is a different icon.

THEBERBSTER 05-05-15 07:49 AM

The default keyboard key for Silent Running is "Z" where as in Stormy's DBSM mod the Z key gives you the current hydrophone contact's bearing.

THEBERBSTER 05-05-15 08:08 AM

Hi Vecko

I want to ask you about TWOS and TDW's Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV).

Regarding the changes that your Gps file makes to TDW's Generic File Patcher (GFP).

Are there any patches that need to be enabled in the OFEV to work with the GFP.

For example with Decks Awash enabled in the GFP you also need to enable the patch in the OFEV Patches Tab.

Peter

maillemaker 05-05-15 10:03 AM

Thanks!

Steve

vdr1981 05-05-15 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2311665)
Hi Vecko

I want to ask you about TWOS and TDW's Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV).

Regarding the changes that your Gps file makes to TDW's Generic File Patcher (GFP).

Are there any patches that need to be enabled in the OFEV to work with the GFP.

For example with Decks Awash enabled in the GFP you also need to enable the patch in the OFEV Patches Tab.

Peter

Sure, everything is enabled as it should be...Why?

THE_MASK 05-05-15 02:29 PM

How did you go with the minus renoun for sinking neutral or axis ships ?

vdr1981 05-05-15 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2311756)
How did you go with the minus renoun for sinking neutral or axis ships ?

One Swedish and one Norwegian freighter and the game gave me -2 rating points , January 1940...And that's OK but...

I remember one patrol of mine during the Happy times when I sunk 3 Greek freighters from the convoy protected by British destroyers, the game still gave me -3 points...:hmmm:

Pay attention what will happen when you sink neutral ship close to EBCW . I haven't tested that one yet...

THEBERBSTER 05-05-15 02:39 PM

Hi Vecko

I was asking if there changes that you have to make in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.

Peter

vdr1981 05-05-15 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2311761)
Hi Vecko

I was asking if there changes that you have to make in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.

Peter

No... You only have to do step 5 in order to "connect" modified options file with the game, and that's it. The file is already edited by me...

It is also OK if you do options file activation before you enable the megamod. I think I'll also edited my install instructions when I decide to upload next version of the megamod...

THEBERBSTER 05-05-15 06:53 PM

Hi Vecko

Thanks for the reply.

Install Step 7 implied that you were free to make any individual changes you wanted to make, but non were necessary, or, affected TWOS.

I hope you get the credit you deserve for making SH5 worth playing now.

I am sure the tonnage bar problem lost SH5 a number of gamers.

Hopefully with your TWOS some might be prepared to give SH5 another go.

Peter