SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Shaefer 05-04-15 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2311436)
Your a star :salute:
Shift + Z hides the UI

Yes I know this Sober. Maybe I did not clarify properly. I want the UI to only activate when hovering over it.
I have seen this in some of Stoianm`s videos. The UI was hidden until he moused over it, then it became visible again.
Thanks.

THEBERBSTER 05-04-15 06:02 AM

Hi Shaefer

Your first series got me in to Real Navigation.

In Series 1 episode 9 for example you showed how to use the 4 bearings Kuikueg version.

In series II you are not playing the perfect game which would be easy to do through editing so we see both the right ways and wrong ways of doing things.

Us, the viewers will learn from your mistakes and others will learn how to do things for the first time.

Pesrsonally, I think they are good tutorials in a subtle way.

Peter

THE_MASK 05-04-15 06:36 AM

How to hide the GUI
Keep all your mods enabled
go to your SH5 install folder Silent hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer and click on the viewer
click on file\set path to menu text and just point it to the menu in the sh5 folder Silent hunter 5\data\Menu\Menu
then set the path to the SH5 install folder
then click on open and point to Silent hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions
the user options will open and then go to the heading HUD
go to camera bar for example and click on the +
double click on False to change it to true
save and then try it out in game

maillemaker 05-04-15 08:30 AM

Last night I finally made it to the East coast of Britain for the second time.

It's really annoying to have to crawl past friendlies at 64X time compression max, even in travel mode.

Anyway, I got there, and in the dark closed in on what appeared to be a tanker lead by a destroyer.

My SH5 "eye" is obviously off from years of SH3.

I closed in, set the TDC, guessed a speed of 7 knots, and fired from what I figured was 1000 meters or closer. I can't be sure. I fired three fish, one at the bow, one center, one stern, and all three missed.

With the Wolves of Steel mod, if I'm in bunker and go into realism settings and turn on map contacts will I see map contacts that I see in the periscope, or does the mod override that?

I'm thinking of going back to map contacts until my eye gets trained at SH5 range and speed estimation.

Also, what is that formula for computing speed based on time crossing the reticule and the length of the ship?

Steve

kevinsue 05-04-15 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2311433)
Thank you for linking my embarrassing moments, old man. :O: :subsim:

Wow, I had no idea you`d done this. Not sure my videos qualify as tutorials though, but I am honored.
Thank you very much, sir! :salute:

I have some questions:
1: Can I apply "Nvidia missing lights" with the JSGME, after everything else, without messing the game up? In the folder there is only texture files, so I take it that wont make problems.....
2: I would also like to apply the "hide UI" option. Would be great for video making. Is there a guide somewhere on how to?
3: I am ready to install patch 5 + hotfix 2, but I dont want to screw it up. From what I read, I just apply it out of rendering distance, and I am good to go. No snapshot restoring at all, right?
Thank you for your time.

G'day Shaefer, Love the movies...I keep checking your website for new releases :up:

The mouse in/out function for the UI is easy to set up with the Options File Editor Viewer as per Sobers instructions in the previous post.

I hide everything to do with the UI including the Torpedo control panel, Periscope control panel and the TDC, so when you are in periscope view, you only see whats outside, no gauges and dials or anything else.

Great for low light visibility. I adjust the time delay for the Scopes periscope depth and Torpedo box from default 5 to 30, so they stay visible for longer when moused over, if you are setting up for an attack.

Attack, Obs scope and UZO TDC mode are set to "NOTDCDials and are adjusted in the TDC tab of the Options File Editor Viewer so you just click on the Torpedo control panel TDC Dials button when you need them.

I just install the "nVidia missing lights" mod after all the "TWoS" mods. This mod came about because all of the people involved in making "Steel Viking's Interior" mod used ATI Radeon video cards and were unaware of the lights problem with nVidia cards until after the mod was released. :D

vdr1981 05-04-15 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2311433)
3: I am ready to install patch 5 + hotfix 2, but I dont want to screw it up. From what I read, I just apply it out of rendering distance, and I am good to go. No snapshot restoring at all, right?
Thank you for your time.

Or in the bunker...You can copy/paste your Campaign.cfg file from your last gamesave so I could edit it and you wont have to wait next campaign for new changes to kick in...

kevinsue 05-04-15 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2311472)
Last night I finally made it to the East coast of Britain for the second time.

It's really annoying to have to crawl past friendlies at 64X time compression max, even in travel mode.

Anyway, I got there, and in the dark closed in on what appeared to be a tanker lead by a destroyer.

My SH5 "eye" is obviously off from years of SH3.

I closed in, set the TDC, guessed a speed of 7 knots, and fired from what I figured was 1000 meters or closer. I can't be sure. I fired three fish, one at the bow, one center, one stern, and all three missed.

With the Wolves of Steel mod, if I'm in bunker and go into realism settings and turn on map contacts will I see map contacts that I see in the periscope, or does the mod override that?

I'm thinking of going back to map contacts until my eye gets trained at SH5 range and speed estimation.

Also, what is that formula for computing speed based on time crossing the reticule and the length of the ship?

Steve

There are "In Game" tutorial missions to get you up to speed on Target range, AOB and speed using the RAOBF for manual TDC torpedo attacks.

They are well worth becoming familiar with because the RAOBF is probably the quickest way to get the data for a reliable firing solution. The U-Jagd meter is also handy for target speed calculations :yep:

Here's how to access Trevally's Tutorials for TDW UI in game:

Quote:

To use-

select "Tutorials" at main menu.
Click on the tutorial you want
Click on "Historical Mission"
If one is highlighted - click on it. If not, click on any
Click on "Start"

maillemaker 05-04-15 12:13 PM

Quote:

There are "In Game" tutorial missions to get you up to speed on Target range, AOB and speed using the RAOBF for manual TDC torpedo attacks.
My understanding is that the RAOBF is not historically correct for WWII uboats?

Steve

maillemaker 05-04-15 12:17 PM

Quote:

I just install the "nVidia missing lights" mod after all the "TWoS" mods. This mod came about because all of the people involved in making "Steel Viking's Interior" mod used ATI Radeon video cards and were unaware of the lights problem with nVidia cards until after the mod was released. :D
Where do you get this mod?

Steve

joselillpdl 05-04-15 01:02 PM

Good mod :)

Hello,

Only give thanks for the work done with this megadom. I've been playing with four days and no problem so far.

I have seen that this leads megamod included "DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch - Revised" not interested me since my computer can high resolucón textures so the only change I've made is to add the Mod Dyenv v2.9 to retrieve high-quality textures. I guess I have applied the changes correctly.

Good Job.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SH5/sh5mod.jpg

pd: PS: excuse my English

THEBERBSTER 05-04-15 01:46 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > joselillpdl :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Tonnage Bar Fix Here > Tutorial Post #188 Not Needed If Using TWOS & sobers Latest Mods List :/\\!!

These 2 mods are already in TWOS

DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 -4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors

vdr1981 05-04-15 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joselillpdl (Post 2311519)
Hello,

Only give thanks for the work done with this megadom. I've been playing with four days and no problem so far.

I have seen that this leads megamod included "DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch - Revised" not interested me since my computer can high resolucón textures so the only change I've made is to add the Mod Dyenv v2.9 to retrieve high-quality textures. I guess I have applied the changes correctly.

Good Job.

pd: PS: excuse my English

You don't have to do that plus, you'll lose some of the megamod's functionality by overwriting some tweaked files . There is almost no difference in game look with or without the low res revised patch...

joselillpdl 05-04-15 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2311543)
You don't have to do that plus, you'll lose some of the megamod's functionality by overwriting some tweaked files . There is almost no difference in game look with or without the low res revised patch...

Now that you mention it I see just maybe a little more transparent sea, but the atmosphere of the atmosphere, clouds, fog, etc. If you notice anything, maybe I'm wrong. I leave it as it is by default not overwrite anything. thank you very much.

i'm see now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...68/SH5/mod.jpg

vdr1981 05-04-15 05:35 PM

1. 1. Open "GenericPatcher.cfg" file with notepad, found in this folder (Silent Hunter 5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0)

2. If necessary, edit lines marked in red to match your SH5 installation path (eg. "D:\Games\Silent Hunter 5")...Save your changes.
Code:

ClientAreaWidth=1184
ClientAreaHeight=765
CameraManager.act=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
EnvSim.act=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
kernel.dll=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
sh5.exe=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHCollisions.act=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHSim.act=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHSound.act=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SH_NClient.dll=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SimData.dll=C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

3. When done, start GenericPatcher.exe found in the same folder and select desired language.
Then, click "File" then "Open" and start hitting "Enter" key like crazy until you see this picture (20 times or so)...

4. Click "File" - "Backup" and backup all offered files ...

5. Now, click "File" - "Restore snapshot" and double click TWoS 2.0_Snapshot.gps file...

6. Done...

*Make sure that SH5 and Uplay are OFF while activating generic Patcher. In case of unsuccessful patching, restart your PC and repeat the whole procedure.
Make sure that the game is updated to official v1.2.0 (not v1.0.5). This step is crucial for SH5.

kevinsue 05-04-15 05:52 PM

nVidia Missing Lights Mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2311510)
Where do you get this mod?

Steve

You can get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...g%20lights.zip