SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Nov 2010 All Problems thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177023)

Onkel Neal 11-12-10 09:16 AM

Nov 2010 All Problems thread

Post here anything you see that is not working. Web pages, downloads, forum accounts, etc.

Anything with bonus mods, please email directly to subsim@subsim.com

Thanks for your patience and continued support of Subsim! It is you who makes this a great community! :salute:

Neal
SUBSIM

Jimbuna 11-12-10 09:21 AM

helped in no small way by you my friend :sunny:

the_tyrant 11-12-10 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1534089)
helped in no small way by you my friend :sunny:

+1:salute:

divingbluefrog 11-12-10 11:03 AM

Hi,
It's more a request than a problem : Sometimes I do intensive researchs in the threads but the Advanced Search options doesn't allow me to search with multi-words. I can find all posts with interior OR damage in title (on one search however) but I can't get the posts with interior AND damage in title.

This feature is perhaps already enabled and I just don't know how to use it?

Thanks for your hard work on the site.

FIREWALL 11-12-10 11:06 AM

Neal. I suggest you take a break after graduation for a week.

So that YOU'LL not need maintenance. :DL

We will survive until then. Take a breather.

Marka Ragnos 11-12-10 11:44 AM

Hi neal,

For the last 6 years i have worked with vbulletin, if you ever need help with something let me know.

I have some spare time :)

ZeeWolf 11-12-10 01:16 PM

Hi Neal,
You are a busy man, anything I can do to help let me know too!

ZeeWolf :salute:

kiwi_2005 11-12-10 02:49 PM

busy man all right. Way to go Neal. :up: Well I no longer have the problem with pages being blocked so thats obvious fixed, haven't had any other issues since that.

AVGWarhawk 11-12-10 03:36 PM

Odd, everything I click on seems to work. :hmmm: I can not think of anything that needs fix'in.

longam 11-12-10 03:58 PM

He could be talking about the store front, but we hang out back here in the alley so much don't really notice anything else.

geetrue 11-12-10 04:00 PM

You so smart Neal ...

You make my brain feel bad :woot:

You need more than a break

You need to absolve all routines, coffee, alcohol, food, entertainment, desires of the flesh, etc.

Like a change up pitch or a new quarterback in a football game.

Sure I'm twenty years older, but I did it four months ago and I have more time, more strength, more hope, more focus. All I did is basically give up TV except for news and football.

Good luck ... thanks for a great web page :yep:

Arnold 11-12-10 08:24 PM

Great website!

Hi Neal,
Great website! I've been interested in submarines since I was a young boy. I am a veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard. I intend to send a small donation to you to help with this site.
I play Silent HunterIII. I found the SHIII community manual at: http://web.archive.org/web/200711051...itle=Main_Page

RodBorza 11-12-10 08:55 PM

Hello Neal,

This is a great site. The best online community I've ever been.
Take whatever time you need.
And, as someone already said, do a maintenance on yourself (and take whatever time you need too :up:).

Onkel Neal 11-13-10 08:19 AM

Thanks, guys.

I know the tactics and tips section is broken, I bought a global search and replace application from RegNow called Text Workbench, but the registration code they sent does not work and they will not reply to my email queries for support or refund my money :x

Anyone know of a good app that can scan all the files in a folder and do a reliable search and replace? I miss Front Page :yawn:

thanks!
Neal

I'm goin' down 11-13-10 01:33 PM

update the mods thread

In the mods forum you have a thread that links to many mods. Many mods are also listed on a related mod site re subsim mods. I would like to see an experienced staff member collect as many mods or links to them as captains can send him and he can develop, and update your thread in the mod forum. There are probably hundreds out there. Other than that, I think that site is great. Very informative for captains of all levels of experience.