SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 10-25-15 11:11 AM

Ok, that's good news. Like i said, save your cw saves and I'll see what we can do in a few days

YoYo 10-25-15 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2353493)
I've have replaced the campaign.cfg file and it loaded the new campaign correctly. I have not have time to test it thoroughly yet but the only issue I found was that mission breifing was partly missing, see picture

Mission briefing graphics anomaly
http://i.imgur.com/g67DYsr.jpg

normal (using "silentotto")
http://i.imgur.com/HjcpsAC.jpg

I have no idea if this issue is related to the swap of the campaign file but the graphic anomaly was not there when i started the campaign using "sillenotto"

Did You check Your crew? They have "old" experience? My not, just new crew/boat/upgrades - so it looks like campaign.cfg from previous chapter isn't necessary. It works like "silentotto" code only.

Maybe is a file to add experience + upgrades points manually somewhere? In this situation we can use "silentotto" + manually add this points from the last situation of the previous chapter, small cheat ;).

svedan 10-25-15 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2353513)
Did You check Your crew? They have "old" experience? My not, just new crew/boat/upgrades - so it looks like campaign.cfg from previous chapter isn't necessary. It works like "silentotto" code only.

Maybe is a file to add experience + upgrades points manually somewhere? In this situation we can use "silentotto" + manually add this points from the last situation of the previous chapter, small cheat ;).

Yes, both the crew and uboat have retained their upgrades/experience from previus chapter, so that is working correctly for me.

I suspect you might be doing it the wrong way around.
The easiest way would probably be to only replace the campaign.cfg file with the next campaign file. Then all your old experience files remain the same as before

To clarify here is what I did

1. Start a new campaign, use silentotto and select the chapter you want to start (in my case Happy Times)

2. Save the game once loaded the game and you are in the bunker. it will generate a new campaign.cfg file for the chapter you selected. This file contains data about all missions. We need this file.

3. Locate the Campaign.cfg file from the save you just made.
C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\XXXXXXX\ Campaign-2015-XX-XX_XXXX
You can sort by "date created" in file explorer to easier find the last game save folder.

4. Now you need to copy the campaing.cfg file in this folder then use it to replace the campaign.cfg from your original Silent Hunter campaign. So now you just changed chapter of your original Silent Hunter campaign

vdr1981 10-25-15 02:19 PM

My guess isthat you will have to copy mission.mis file too in order to complely start ht campaign. It has same location as campaign.cfg file:yep:

svedan 10-25-15 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2353534)
My guess isthat you will have to copy mission.mis file too in order to complely start ht campaign. It has same location as campaign.cfg file:yep:

There are 3 other files in same folder as the campaign.cfg file.

These are:
CampaignMission.mis
CampaignMission.tsr
CampaignProgress.cfg

Replacing the CampaignMission.mis causes the game to crash when you press "Lets start the new patrol" while in bunker
Although it does fix the problem with corrupt mission breifing graphics.

YoYo 10-25-15 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2353522)
Yes, both the crew and uboat have retained their upgrades/experience from previus chapter, so that is working correctly for me.

The easiest way would probably be to only replace the campaign.cfg file with the next campaign file. Then all your old experience files remain the same as before

1. Start a new campaign, use silentotto and select the chapter you want to start (in my case Happy Times)

2. Save the game once loaded the game and you are in the bunker. it will generate a new campaign.cfg file for the chapter you selected. This file contains data about all missions. We need this file.

You can sort by "date created" in file explorer to easier find the last game save folder.

4. Now you need to copy the campaing.cfg file in this folder then use it to replace the campaign.cfg from your original Silent Hunter campaign. So now you just changed chapter of your original Silent Hunter campaign

Yes I did it like You wrote. Did You use different name when You created a new Campaign?

svedan 10-25-15 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2353561)
Yes I did it like You wrote. Did You use different name when You created a new Campaign?

Yes, I used a different name. Not sure if it is of any importance

Brodi74 10-25-15 05:17 PM

Itīs possible to make a unmerged Version of The Wolves of Steel MOD(s) to reach more flexibility or to allow more interesting combinations...?

(Alternatively, a readme which files to which mod belong to unravel this?) :-?

Respectful greetings
Brodi74

Tonci87 10-25-15 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodi74 (Post 2353568)
Itīs possible to make a unmerged Version of The Wolves of Steel MOD(s) to reach more flexibility or to allow more interesting combinations...?

(Alternatively, a readme which files to which mod belong to unravel this?) :-?

Respectful greetings
Brodi74

An unmerged version would introduce a whole lot of compatibility problems I guess. If you want an unmerged version you will have to download all the mods yourself and figure out what has to overwrite what...

Brodi74 10-25-15 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2353570)
An unmerged version would introduce a whole lot of compatibility problems I guess. If you want an unmerged version you will have to download all the mods yourself and figure out what has to overwrite what...

Yes, i will do this but...that`s my Problem this time:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222348

:wah:

vdr1981 10-25-15 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2353560)
There are 3 other files in same folder as the campaign.cfg file.

These are:
CampaignMission.mis
CampaignMission.tsr
CampaignProgress.cfg

Replacing the CampaignMission.mis causes the game to crash when you press "Lets start the new patrol" while in bunker
Although it does fix the problem with corrupt mission breifing graphics.

Can you please try to copy /replace all of them?

YoYo 10-26-15 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2353522)

Ok, again here. Hmmm, it wasnt work for me but maybe I did something wrong. Im in the next of chapter - in Happy Times 27.02.41 and Id like to go to Mare Nostrum 15.03.41.

1/ I created a new "silentotto" file from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41 in bunker (Kiel). Saved it.

2/ Next I copied Campaign.cfg only from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41.

3/ I went to my last save of Happy Times 27.02.41 and put here Campaign.cfg from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41 ---> when I load this save file again I'm still in 27.02.41. Didn't see Mare Nostrum chapter. After 1.03.41 I see still Happy Times title in the left top corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2353580)

In this new created saved file is only:

Campaign.cfg
CampaignProgress.cfg
CampaignMission.mis

(no CampaignMission.tsr)

Btw.

I noticed that some of our medals, renewal points and ratings ect. are in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\YYYY YYY : CareerTrack.upc .
Promotion Points for crew are in ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc.

So perhaps we can use and edit this file to recive missing experience for crew and upgrade points with 'silentotto' cheat only in the next chapter :] .

svedan 10-26-15 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2353580)

Replacing all 4 files seems to work well so far. No mission breifing graphics issue. The uboat upgrades/crew experience as well as patrol logs/tonnage has all been transfered from the previous chapter.

vdr1981 10-26-15 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svedan (Post 2353620)
Replacing all 4 files seems to work well so far. No mission breifing graphics issue. The uboat upgrades/crew experience as well as patrol logs/tonnage has all been transfered from the previous chapter.

Very nice, good work svedan.:up:

svedan 10-26-15 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2353610)
Ok, again here. Hmmm, it wasnt work for me but maybe I did something wrong. Im in the next of chapter - in Happy Times 27.02.41 and Id like to go to Mare Nostrum 15.03.41.

1/ I created a new "silentotto" file from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41 in bunker (Kiel). Saved it.

2/ Next I copied Campaign.cfg only from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41.

3/ I went to my last save of Happy Times 27.02.41 and put here Campaign.cfg from Mare Nostrum 15.03.41 ---> when I load this save file again I'm still in 27.02.41. Didn't see Mare Nostrum chapter. After 1.03.41 I see still Happy Times title in the left top corner.

In this new created saved file is only:

Campaign.cfg
CampaignProgress.cfg
CampaignMission.mis

(no CampaignMission.tsr)

Btw.

I noticed that some of our medals, renewal points and ratings ect. are in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\YYYY YYY : CareerTrack.upc .
Promotion Points for crew are in ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc.

So perhaps we can use and edit this file to recive missing experience for crew and upgrade points with 'silentotto' cheat only in the next chapter :] .

I have downloaded the save game folder you uploaded on the previous page of this thread. And I did the procedure I described before and it worked for me.

When I loaded your game save from 24/2-1941 I used time compression to forward to 1/3-1940. Then I returned to the base and saved the game while in the bunker. I replaced the files and loaded game and the campaign chapter had changed from Happy waters to Mare Nostrum.

The file called CampaignMission.tsr was not generated in the new game save folder for me too when I used "silentotto to start the Mare Nostrum campaign. I only replaced the 3 other files.

However the CampaignMission.tsr file seems not to be that much of importance. When I started a Happy Times campaign using "silentotto" it generated this file but it only contained the following text:

PHP Code:

[Text]
MissionBriefing=
MissionTitle

Edit:

If you want to try it. I uploaded the file here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xod6ybPs.

Ps. I recieved a new VIIC uboat in bunker so your previous upgrades might be gone.