SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Captain_AJ 07-28-18 09:26 PM

Quick question.! What file changes the captain's log U boat number? I am seeing U575 Instead U-77 This is the grey log box were information is given for contacts and Ships sunk, along with Torpedo in the water ETC ETC

excel4004 07-29-18 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563212)
Quick question.! What file changes the captain's log U boat number? I am seeing U575 Instead U-77 This is the grey log box were information is given for contacts and Ships sunk, along with Torpedo in the water ETC ETC

Helpful tips in your TWoS file: "The_Wolves_of_Steel_2_2_Quick Start Manual and Gameplay Tips"

----> - Use Options File Editor (Ship's Journal tab) to match your Ship's Journal captain name and U-boat number (Eisen Wolf, U-**) with those
visible in your Cpt Log.

Dont forget to Donate Vecko`s great work - great optimizing SH5 with TWoS-Mod for many years now. (..and yes - sure all the great modders who creates all the mods included in TWoS!!!)

Darkara 07-30-18 02:00 AM

Hey guys, i checked now already the half internet and for sure the bigger tutorial site with tipps ;)

Is there any way to edit the specialabilities, shipspeed, torpedos and deckgun as example in TWOS ? i tried to edit the files in Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData and in the documentsfolder too, but nothing happens.

Maybe someone can give me a little tip or whatever please? :)

Thank you so much.

XenonSurf 07-30-18 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkara (Post 2563308)
Hey guys, i checked now already the half internet and for sure the bigger tutorial site with tipps ;)

Is there any way to edit the specialabilities, shipspeed, torpedos and deckgun as example in TWOS ? i tried to edit the files in Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData and in the documentsfolder too, but nothing happens.

Maybe someone can give me a little tip or whatever please? :)

Thank you so much.

There are different options you can trigger in the TDW Generic File Patcher and in the OFEV for TWoS. Messing with the first one can have unpredictable negative game behavior, so backup all files as explained in the THEBERBSTER's tutorial #2 and be prepared to re-copy them and re-run the GFP if it doesn't work.

Else, no, there are AFAIK no common optional mods for TWoS that would do what you want, except maybe 'Deckgun friendly Waves' which is not included in the TWoS package anymore, but it makes Deckgun operations easier in rough seas. I'm sure Vecko the modmaker can tell you more about possible mods to add...

Be aware that there are for sure older mods that may do your sort of things, but they are NOT compatible with TWoS most of the time; however it's worth to download them anyway just to see what files and data they change :03:

XenonSurf 07-30-18 09:23 AM

@Vecko,

Do you remember if your past enhancements to Open Horizons v.2.5 has included bug fixes where OH2 would cause a CTD when reaching the end of the first campaign chapter, Coastal Waters (aka. Total Germany in the campaign files) just when passing midnight to June 1st, or other campaign chapters when reaching the end date?

Currently I'm running OH2 without your

'OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5_TWoS Enhancement'

which is also in SJizzle's mod list recommendation. Can you briefly tell me what these enhancements are about? Are they CTD fixes in any way, and is this mod still available to download somewhere?

Thanks very much,

THEBERBSTER 07-30-18 03:46 PM

Hi XS
Quote:

'OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5_TWoS Enhancement'
This mod is still used in sobers mega mod which I am the caretaker of.

If you do not want to download the mega mod I can upload the mod and PM it to you.
Peter

Lt commander lare 07-30-18 04:09 PM

How do you Get Rid of this Time Delay thing after the Mod Loading Screen is done and the Screen goes black should not have to wait 10 mins to play.

XenonSurf 07-30-18 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2563388)
Hi XS
This mod is still used in sobers mega mod which I am the caretaker of.
If you do not want to download the mega mod I can upload the mod and PM it to you.
Peter

Yes Peter, you would do me a very big favor indeed :yeah:

XenonSurf 07-30-18 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt commander lare (Post 2563397)
How do you Get Rid of this Time Delay thing after the Mod Loading Screen is done and the Screen goes black should not have to wait 10 mins to play.

10 minutes is really VERY much :salute:
While in black screen, all TDW files are loaded and written in your game folder I guess, even on my laptop with only 1024 MB VRAM it takes only long when creating a new campaign (3-5 minutes), but when loading existing savegames it^s pretty fast.

Or are you talking about something else? If so then pardon me...

Lt commander lare 07-30-18 05:24 PM

loaded fine now but i cant get the Time Compression to work Right taking very long to do Baltic Mission. TC just keeps dropping. Everything is checked off

XenonSurf 07-30-18 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt commander lare (Post 2563409)
loaded fine now but i cant get the Time Compression to work Right taking very long to do Baltic Mission. TC just keeps dropping. Everything is checked off

Probably meant to be so to avoid CTDs.
If you travel away from large ship groups or away from ports you can easily go higher than x128, up to x1024 now since v. 2.2.6.

With ships in sight you can increase up to x64, but it will drop if any new ship comes in sight.

Leon0803 07-31-18 08:06 AM

sooo for some reason when i receive a radio message it wont show up in the radio log until i save and reload....

is there any suggestion why that is? :C

Neugeniko 07-31-18 01:07 PM

Hi Guys.

Hi,
I'm new to SH5 with mods. I've played a lot of SH3 GWX modded before, but the graphics engine is showing glitches on this laptop. I abandoned SH5 orginally after a few hours play of that abortion but it seems WoS has made it playable, thanks guys. :up:

I started reading this thread because there is no manual but gave up after 150 pages because all the problem reports were making me depressed. :wah:

Anyway a few quick questions, for now.

How do I know when its safe to save? No visual contacts? No Sonar Contacts? No Land Visible? All of the three?

Whats the difference between silent running command key Z and silent running key f8?

I'm not sure if I saved the game at the start of campaign and reloaded the save. Can I checked some how if I did that?

Cheers,
Neug

Captain_AJ 07-31-18 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neugeniko (Post 2563473)
Hi,
I'm new to SH5 with mods. I've played a lot of SH3 GWX modded before, but the graphics engine is showing glitches on this laptop. I abandoned SH5 orginally after a few hours play of that abortion but it seems WoS has made it playable, thanks guys. :up:

I started reading this thread because there is no manual but gave up after 150 pages because all the problem reports were making me depressed. :wah:

Anyway a few quick questions, for now.

How do I know when its safe to save? No visual contacts? No Sonar Contacts? No Land Visible? All of the three?

Whats the difference between silent running command key Z and silent running key f8?

I'm not sure if I saved the game at the start of the campaign and reloaded the save. Can I check somehow if I did that?

Cheers,
Neug

it is ok to save at any time!!

The keys were default pre-mod config you can personalize when using TWOS

Contacts are visible when it comes to being close enough usually 11000 meters. your watch officer will estimate all targets when asked

DiddumsJ 07-31-18 02:59 PM

Hey so, I finally got around to buying the game and installing twos, but I cant get it running (steam user).. I know there are probably a lot of info, but I cant handle the search function on these forums either. (help?)

I installed it through the megamod installer, 2.6, got no errors or anything, when generic file patcher opened up i felt a bit lost, but I opened it and pressed "restore snapshot" and chose the TWOS one that showed up.

I got to select which TWOS mods to activate, i chose the ones helping out with realism, and made sure none collided with each other.

When I start the game, Uplay starts nicely, I see the loading screen load (the TWOS subsim one), but after that it freezes on a black screen. I see the steam overlay popup telling me I might need the cd-key, thats how i know its frozen. Nothing will help, and I have to close the application through the task manager.

Help appreciated!!! Thanks a lot in advance.

EDIT: God I feel stupid, I was just too impatient.. it loaded fine, was just froze for a bit and then started.