SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 02-21-16 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383259)
How about this one Sjizzle...:hmm2: There's also one imported medium troop transport in the area, just to keep you busy after your measurements... :O:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g...t6ipn/1AAA.rar

thx i will report back soon as possible :03:

Edit:
heya did u make the mission in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of the night :D or the single mission still mess up the times ?

Koranis 02-22-16 04:05 AM

I want to thank you all for the encouragement and assistance with the real navigation mode, I'm continuing to use it and I would be unable to get back to "god mode navigation" now. This compilation of awesome mods really resurrected this game. I'm almost tempted to put SH3 to rest now.

EDIT: Battle stations! What's the difference between BS issued by the XO and the BS issued by the Watch officer? FAQ says to ignore them both and use a hotkey instead, but I'd like to hear what's the difference.

Sjizzle 02-22-16 06:14 AM

@Vecko

so i have decided to start a new career and measure then the sun angle cos in single mission the time is messing up with me ....so first measurement

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b7d...are93fsrzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/670...d4e074mvzg.jpg

vdr1981 02-22-16 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koranis (Post 2383342)

EDIT: Battle stations! What's the difference between BS issued by the XO and the BS issued by the Watch officer? FAQ says to ignore them both and use a hotkey instead, but I'd like to hear what's the difference.

BS issued by the XO (F7 key) is the default BC command which can actually modify crew abilities. The other is modded in by TDW and it has something to do with gunners, not sure exactly what but I commonly us it to tell my gun crew to train back guns in neutral position (by disable it )...
In short, I use both available BS commands ...:yep:

vdr1981 02-22-16 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2383355)
@Vecko

so i have decided to start a new career and measure then the sun angle cos in single mission the time is messing up with me ....so first measurement

Sooo, this is OK, right?:hmm2:

gap 02-22-16 09:10 AM

Quote:

I want to thank you all for the encouragement and assistance with the real navigation mode, I'm continuing to use it and I would be unable to get back to "god mode navigation" now.

It is good to hear that! I really don't get why some players are scared by RN (no, not Royal Navy, I mean real navigation :03:): it costs just 10 minutes to grasp its basics, you can always ask the navigation officer for your approximate position (unless he is injured, in which case it is your duty as the u-boat commander to estimate it), and it makes the game incomparably more rewarding. :yep:

Come one guys, don't be lazy and follow Koranis example :)

Sjizzle 02-22-16 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383385)
Sooo, this is OK, right?:hmm2:

yup it is ok :up:

Koranis 02-22-16 11:44 AM

There are some some theaters, like Distant Waters, where, at least to my knowledge, Type VII did not operate, ie. Indian Ocean. Is this realistic or just "for fun" ?

palmic 02-22-16 12:21 PM

Quote:

I want to thank you all for the encouragement and assistance with the real navigation mode, I'm continuing to use it and I would be unable to get back to "god mode navigation" now. This compilation of awesome mods really resurrected this game. I'm almost tempted to put SH3 to rest now.

Battlestations state(F7 key)
good
- Faster torpedo and gun loading time
- Faster repairs
- AffectUpTime, AffectPassiveBonuses, (no idea what it is )

bad
- Crew moral/fatigue degeneration rate
- CO2 consumption rate

Silent running (F8)
good
- Engine/submarine noise signature
- Hydrophones range and sensitivity
- CO2 consumption rate

bad
- No repairs
- No torpedo loading
- No pumps (when flooding is present)
- Crew moral/fatigue degeneration rate (not very much though)

Welcome on board :salute:

palmic 02-22-16 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383392)
It is good to hear that! I really don't get why some players are scared by RN (no, not Royal Navy, I mean real navigation :03:): it costs just 10 minutes to grasp its basics, you can always ask the navigation officer for your approximate position (unless he is injured, in which case it is your duty as the u-boat commander to estimate it), and it makes the game incomparably more rewarding. :yep:

Come one guys, don't be lazy and follow Koranis example :)

Its pretty inaccesible at start, but then it's awesome!
For me it's really what makes the game.

palmic 02-22-16 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382360)

Wow, thanks Vecko, this one is most geeky sub-war documentary at YT today! :arrgh!:

gap 02-22-16 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koranis (Post 2383426)
There are some some theaters, like Distant Waters, where, at least to my knowledge, Type VII did not operate, ie. Indian Ocean. Is this realistic or just "for fun" ?

U-boats operating in South Atlantic as far as the coasts of Brazil and the Cape area, or even in the Indian Ocean, is an historical fact. The boats deployed there were mostly of the type IX though. SH5 doesn't feature long range U-boats, but there is a mod changing VIIC's specifications to mimic a type IX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383433)
AffectPassiveBonuses, (no idea what it is )

To the best of my knowledge, passive abilities are skills that last "forever" once they are assigned to crew members through promotions points. They are opposed to active abilities, which are limited in time and scope and need to be activated whenever you need for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2383438)
Its pretty inaccesible at start, but then it's awesome!

What is complicated about it? If you want to go from point "A" (your position on the map that your navigator can plot with some degree of approximation) to point "B" (your destination on the map), all you need to do is drawing a line between the two points. The angle of that line relative to the North is your wanted course. Its length is the distance you need to cover. Calculating how long you need to travel at your desired speed to reach point B, takes just some basic maths (1.852 x distance in km / speed in knots = time in hours). Those are the basics of dead reckoning navigation. Indeed you might be forced to change course/speed before you reach your destination, in which case you need to update your map plot accordingly. Should you get lost, you can always ask your navigator for another position fix, and plot again best course to your destination from there :know:

Sjizzle 02-22-16 03:23 PM

Vecko i have an idea i know that when u hear my ideas u have headaches :O:
if some 1 can make script or a mod when u use manual the dive planes to blow or flood the ballast tanks ... in this way u can manually control your U-boat using the dive planes :D

excel4004 02-22-16 03:48 PM

@ vdr1981

Can you please have a look at these mod if that is working right with the current WoS mod!?

[REL] Deutscher Sprachpatch http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

That would be much appreciated! The wonderful mod would be just perfect
for all the german players with this translation mod. :up:

I removed the "UPCDataGE" folder because it crashes the crew moral/skill system (all skills are full red).

Iam afraid that any other files of this german translation mod could maybe cause other errors in WoS and
i dont have the skill to proof that.

MANY THANKS!

palmic 02-22-16 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383477)
What is complicated about it? If you want to go from point "A" (your position on the map that your navigator can plot with some degree of approximation) to point "B" (your destination on the map), all you need to do is drawing a line between the two points. The angle of that line relative to the North is your wanted course. Its length is the distance you need to cover. Calculating how long you need to travel at your desired speed to reach point B, takes just some basic maths (1.852 x distance in km / speed in knots = time in hours). Those are the basics of dead reckoning navigation. Indeed you might be forced to change course/speed before you reach your destination, in which case you need to update your map plot accordingly. Should you get lost, you can always ask your navigator for another position fix, and plot again best course to your destination from there :know:

Well yes, for me now its pretty easy, but for novices its very new knowledge. Nowadays players are not prepared for learning new things the hard way :03:

The problem is, that at start you dont know its just easy connecting the points at map.
From start you dont event know that you can use a protractor to see angle!

You are just machine to plot waypoints.
I was used to use waypoints till i found TWOS and still i've seen myself as HC sh4 player :)

BUT, a year before i played triger maru very hard, for maybe a month in row.
I was escaping more than 30 hours of realtime bellow 4-5 japanese destroyers in harbor:)
I slepped once in the middle of this escaping..

This was a lesson how to track DD's by hydrophone :)

And i still didn't know how to navigate so hardcore like its required for real navigation :03:

The people has to accept they has to really work to find it.
thats the problem.

And then .... its going to start returning the effort back in really awesomeness of playing :up: