SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Muckenberg 05-21-18 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2553846)
Yes, and thank you very much for your support Muckenberg.:up:
System entries can be found in submarine upcge files. Every sub have one. Cheers!

Hello Vecko
I think you deserve everything for your amazing work for the SH5 community. Do not be afraid to send a beer again. :Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:
when I rewrite a submarine status table into my mother tongue when it pops up in a crawled campaign? When repairing in a bunker or will I have to wait for the next campaign? If I survive. :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 05-21-18 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2553912)
Hello Vecko
I think you deserve everything for your amazing work for the SH5 community. Do not be afraid to send a beer again. :Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:
when I rewrite a submarine status table into my mother tongue when it pops up in a crawled campaign? When repairing in a bunker or will I have to wait for the next campaign? If I survive. :Kaleun_Salute:

You will have to start new campaign as well...:yep:

THE_MASK 05-24-18 07:27 AM

Awesome work :up:

THEBERBSTER 05-24-18 07:40 AM

Hi sober
Glad to see you are still around. :Kaleun_Salute:

Quote:

Awesome work :up:
I'll :Kaleun_Cheers: to that!

Peter

Muckenberg 05-26-18 02:12 AM

Hello Vecko
We would like to play a multiplayer with my colleague and I know that before the torpedoes have dropped the game during our basic missions, is it possible that the problem is that these missions are not modified for use in TWOS? I judge that one captain earlier complained that he did the same in one of the basic single missions.
Thank you for the answer and apologize for my English.

vdr1981 05-26-18 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2554437)
Hello Vecko
We would like to play a multiplayer with my colleague and I know that before the torpedoes have dropped the game during our basic missions, is it possible that the problem is that these missions are not modified for use in TWOS? I judge that one captain earlier complained that he did the same in one of the basic single missions.
Thank you for the answer and apologize for my English.

Hey Muckenberg :salute:

I have edited all stock multiplayer missions to be compatible with TWoS. There should be no problems anymore...:yep:

desepticon 05-27-18 12:44 AM

My wishlist for future versions of WOS (yes, I know WOS is a collection of other mods, but a man can dream):

* Option for higher resolution and larger TDC dials. It can be hard to see what I'm inputting at 1050 resolution, so I usually use it conjunction with the XO interface.

* More immersive periscope view. Something more like SHIII, where we get more than a black background. Maybe even integrate the TCD into a SHIV style "box".

* Option to disable morale stuff. I hate having to go to my cook and morale officer every few days to boost it to keep it high. Too micro.

* Fix radar so I can still use it at decks-awash or even if a little water splashes over my bow.

On a side note, I'm almost to May of '45. Is there some kind of end game screen?

KrOkOZyABrA 05-27-18 02:21 AM

What are ****. you was broken all. Where are TAI map. Where instruments. Чем дальше в лес, тем больше дрофф. After load save game - I miss TAI instruments. TAI map. DONATION???? Whore that????

Muckenberg 05-27-18 03:35 AM

Hi, Captain
I would like to ask you if you have such a problem. Unfortunately, it happens to me that from some angle my smoke and flames will disappear from the damaged ship. Just take the camera with a piece and flames and smoke reappears. Is that happening to you?
That Vecko:
Have you ever considered incorporating real events into TWOS? For example, the "Berlin" operation, Hipper cruiser attacks and the like?

desepticon 05-27-18 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrOkOZyABrA (Post 2554590)
What are ****. you was broken all. Where are TAI map. Where instruments. Чем дальше в лес, тем больше дрофф. After load save game - I miss TAI instruments. TAI map. DONATION???? Whore that????

If i'm understanding you correctly, you can't access the TAI map or instruments?

For the TAI, try to click the little grey circle above the depth orders bar on the left.

The instruments (I assume you mean the TDC dials) can be accessed from the periscope view. There are three buttons near the torpedo launch button, "Spread", "Minimal", and "All". Try clicking one of those, depending on what you need to see.

THEBERBSTER 05-27-18 05:02 AM

hi guys
Seems like he has had the TAI Map and instruments and now after a game save he can no longer access them.
Logic says a corrupted game save.

Where were you and how did you make this last game save?
Have you tried loading the game save before this problem one?
Can you see the TAI Map and the instruments?
Peter

KrOkOZyABrA 05-27-18 08:44 AM

TAI map work properly. Ok all after loading my save game. When I use time compression 8 or 64 or 256 or 2 on topographic map - all TAI instruments disappear. grey circle disappear and all attributes of TAI map.

THEBERBSTER 05-27-18 09:15 AM

Hi K
In my experience I would not use the TAI map for high TC but use the navigation map.
The navigation map covers a much greater area and your boat will stay within the map area easier.
The TAI map has a much better use in the attack station where using the Tab key and your scroll wheel makes it a very useful tool.

Peter

KrOkOZyABrA 05-27-18 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2554648)
Hi K
In my experience I would not use the TAI map for high TC but use the navigation map.
The navigation map covers a much greater area and your boat will stay within the map area easier.
The TAI map has a much better use in the attack station where using the Tab key and your scroll wheel makes it a very useful tool.

Peter

Ok. I am pleasure your choise. but I need TAI map and external view I like look on the ocean and submarine and this great mod graphic I like thanks. very thanks - cool guys maid this. very cool. but TAI map doesn't work properly.

vdr1981 05-27-18 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2554595)
Hi, Captain
I would like to ask you if you have such a problem. Unfortunately, it happens to me that from some angle my smoke and flames will disappear from the damaged ship. Just take the camera with a piece and flames and smoke reappears. Is that happening to you?

Yes, it happens to everyone regardless of PC configuration...

Quote:

That Vecko:
Have you ever considered incorporating real events into TWOS? For example, the "Berlin" operation, Hipper cruiser attacks and the like?
TWoS and it's improved OHII campaign already have a number of scripted historical events, like invasion of Norway, Bismark's first and last voyage into Atlantic, D-day invasion, some events in Mediterranean sea IIRC ect. Adding more is possible in the future but I'll have to allocate more spare time for research and editing these complex events in mission editor. We'll see...:hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by desepticon (Post 2554581)
My wishlist for future versions of WOS (yes, I know WOS is a collection of other mods, but a man can dream):

* Option for higher resolution and larger TDC dials. It can be hard to see what I'm inputting at 1050 resolution, so I usually use it conjunction with the XO interface.

For that, I would need someone with decent dds editing skills and Photoshop. I do not own it and my "gimp skills" are quite limited...

Quote:

* More immersive periscope view. Something more like SHIII, where we get more than a black background. Maybe even integrate the TCD into a SHIV style "box".
Periscope view in TWoS is based on real pictures...Immersive or not, that's what they had.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/35/a6...e3e02c6e7d.jpg

Quote:

* Option to disable morale stuff. I hate having to go to my cook and morale officer every few days to boost it to keep it high. Too micro.
That is possibility indeed, but I'll have to figure out first how to do that without braking something, if possible at all...

Quote:

* Fix radar so I can still use it at decks-awash or even if a little water splashes over my bow.
Hardly...It's a game limitation...

Quote:

On a side note, I'm almost to May of '45. Is there some kind of end game screen?
I can't say, I never got that far in the campaign...:hmmm:

desepticon 05-27-18 02:20 PM

Quote:

Periscope view in TWoS is based on real pictures...Immersive or not, that's what they had.
In game though, the periscope view represents more than just looking through the optics. You have the TDC dials, recognition manual, and the torpedo controls. I think it would be nice to have this represented in a more attractive way

Quote:

That is possibility indeed, but I'll have to figure out first how to do that without braking something, if possible at all...
This mod disables morale limitations on orders. It says it was superseded by the fixes brought by the 1.2 patch. However, I was using this before with my own custom mod list on 1.2 though. It seemed to disable the morale pips entirely too.

Morale Mod

Quote:

For that, I would need someone with decent dds editing skills and Photoshop. I do not own it and my "gimp skills" are quite limited...
What about the dials from the SHIV uboat missions addon? Are those in a higher rez? It seems the ones we have now are from SHIII, or an SHIII mod.

desepticon 05-27-18 06:52 PM

Looking in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex, it appears there are higher resolution textures for the TDC available.

vdr1981 05-28-18 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desepticon (Post 2554733)
Looking in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex, it appears there are higher resolution textures for the TDC available.

Which one?
Regarding your moral mod, I don't think that a mod from 2010 will work without problems with latest TWoS. There's been to much changes in the files...

desepticon 05-28-18 03:55 AM

Quote:

Which one?
There are a few files which seem related to the U-boat TDC, or a least have images in them that are part of it.

cadrane_3.dds
cadrane_21.dds
CR9C_4.dds
CR9C_cadrane.dds
detalii_21.dds
Uboat9D2_CT_tbd_1.dds
Uboat18_CT_tbd_1.dds

Quote:

Regarding your moral mod, I don't think that a mod from 2010 will work without problems with latest TWoS. There's been to much changes in the files...
For what its worth, I was using it with an OHII based modlist up until recently when I switched to WOS. Regardless, I may be a good basis to start from.

SnipersHunter 05-28-18 12:25 PM

Good evening,

I have a little question. Iam using Real Navigatiom and would love to get radio contacts like convoys marked on the map. I mean the reports the bdu sends during patrol. Is that somehow possible? I tried to look in the TDW Options but was not able to find anything.