SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

ZAGOR64BZ 02-15-14 06:12 PM

:up: Great logos...I really like the "Iron Wolves" one.
Personally, I'll like to see it with the subtitle phrase "You're the hunter...they're the prey" and, if I may suggest, you could use it for the :D possible release of the "magui" interface version of the supermod?:yeah:

vdr1981 02-15-14 06:14 PM

Great job Gap, No 3 is my favorite! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2175082)

possible controversies:

- the name "Iron Wolves" is shorter and (imo) more threnchant than the original "Wolves of Steel", nonetheless it has already been used in many circumastances, most notably by a Lithuanian fascist movemen and for an old submarine simulation

I'm not sure about this, this is exactly the reason why I've decided not to go with "The Iron Wolves" designation. I also have thoughts for "The Steel Wolves" but is sounds to much like Steel Beast... :)

How about to add some old camera effects to periscope view ?

gap 02-15-14 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2175133)
whoop awesome work gap :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175151)
:up: Great logos...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175152)
Great job Gap

Thank you guys :)

Quote:

I really like the "Iron Wolves" one.

Quote:

No 3 is my favorite!

Okay, I will keep updating the three of them until we decide which one is better suited for Vecko's megamod :up:

Quote:

Personally, I'll like to see it with the subtitle phrase "You're the hunter...they're the prey" and, if I may suggest,

In my opinion your phrase is better suited for the logo n. 3 :hmm2:

Quote:

you could use it for the :D possible release of the "magui" interface version of the supermod?:yeah:

The decision is on Vecko :03:

Quote:

I'm not sure about this, this is exactly the reason why I've decided not to go with "The Iron Wolves" designation. I also have thoughts for "The Steel Wolves" but is sounds to much like Steel Beast... :)

The Steel Wolves sounds very good to me :yep:

Quote:

How about to add some old camera effects to periscope view ?

Good idea :up:
I will add some chromatic aberration to it. What about the font and the plate texture? Which one do you prefer? Those are freely interchangeable.

icthird623 02-16-14 07:06 AM

CTD

VDR 1981
Just a heads up (Not a Complaint.) Tried WOS V1 and was getting ctd's every once in awhile. Not often enough to be a real problem. Seemed to happen when I would open the map or change views nothing consistent. Don't know what was causing it.
I Really like the mod
I loaded up V 2, your instructions for both Versions are great.
V 2 crashed every time I attempted to submerge. I think it was a depth change problem. I added your mod setup several at a time and tested after each change until I found what appears to be causing the CTD

When I removed EMCCD v0.3.1 by archer 9 the problem disappeared.
Maybe this information will help.

vdr1981 02-16-14 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icthird623 (Post 2175283)
VDR 1981
Just a heads up (Not a Complaint.)
I loaded up V 2, your instructions for both Versions are great.
V 2 crashed every time I attempted to submerge. I think it was a depth change problem. I added your mod setup several at a time and tested after each change until I found what appears to be causing the CTD

When I removed EMCCD v0.3.1 by archer 9 the problem disappeared.
Maybe this information will help.

Huh, that sounds like a lot of work...

So your game CTD when you try to submerge? Which command? Command menu from first officer or via panel from the left side of the screen?

Could you tell me exactly what should I do in order to replicate that CTD?

tonschk 02-16-14 07:52 AM

Be si vediamo un po cosa possiamo fare, posso/potrei/faro la prova :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174746)
Any suggestion by some inspired native English-speaking member? :)

icthird623 02-16-14 08:24 AM

CTD

I probably am not going to be much help here but: I followed your V2 mod list exactly. Ran the sim. When I attempted to submerge I clicked on the icon, left side of screen. The boat took a little time to begin to submerge the depth bouncing between 5 and 6 meters. When the boat began to submerge, and the depth reache 7-8 meters the sim CTD. I tried it with a historic mission where the boat began the mission submerged, I tried to surface using the surface icon on left side of screen and when the boat began to surface I CTD, I believe EMCCD v0.3.1 has to do with sounds. I really do not have enough background in modding to make sense out of it other than I removed the mod and all seems well.

WOS V1 crashes where not often enough or constant to make any sense.
I am running a Win 8.1 Desktop: I7 3770 @3.4 GH, 16 GB Ram,AMD Radeon HD 7800 Graphics card with 2 GH mem.
Wish I could be of more help
IC

gap 02-16-14 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonschk (Post 2175311)
Be si vediamo un po cosa possiamo fare, posso/potrei/faro la prova :D

fammi sapere, Enrico :)

gap 02-16-14 10:02 AM

Logo proposal #4

This is a variation of logo #3, with the following changes:
  • Shortened the mod name to "The Steel Wolves", as originally intended by Vecko.
  • Changed the subtitle phrase to "you're the hunter they are the prey", as suggested by ZAGOR64BZ.
  • Applied a slight "old photo" effect to the periscope view. Let me know if it is enough.
  • Minor modifications to the metal plate (brushed metal texture more visible through salt and seaweed incrustations).
  • Switched to the Postdam font (from logo #2), for better readability.

Preview:

Logo #4

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/1038/v8ya.png

Logo #3 (for quick comparison)

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/7091/7b1k.png

Other logo proposals available here

vdr1981 02-16-14 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icthird623 (Post 2175315)
I probably am not going to be much help here but: I followed your V2 mod list exactly. Ran the sim. When I attempted to submerge I clicked on the icon, left side of screen. The boat took a little time to begin to submerge the depth bouncing between 5 and 6 meters. When the boat began to submerge, and the depth reache 7-8 meters the sim CTD. I tried it with a historic mission where the boat began the mission submerged, I tried to surface using the surface icon on left side of screen and when the boat began to surface I CTD, I believe EMCCD v0.3.1 has to do with sounds. I really do not have enough background in modding to make sense out of it other than I removed the mod and all seems well.

WOS V1 crashes where not often enough or constant to make any sense.
I am running a Win 8.1 Desktop: I7 3770 @3.4 GH, 16 GB Ram,AMD Radeon HD 7800 Graphics card with 2 GH mem.
Wish I could be of more help
IC

Very strange ended...So far I haven't managed to reproduce nothing similar.
If I've understood you correctly you are now using modlist based on TWoS 1.01 but without EMCCD v0.3.1, right?

vdr1981 02-16-14 11:41 AM

Looking great Gap!

Regarding name and slogan , check this link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...cUiWEms#t=1486
Bringing any inspiration? :cool:

*Link edited

gap 02-16-14 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175380)
Looking great Gap!

Regarding name and slogan , check this link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...cUiWEms#t=1486
Bringing any inspiration? :cool:

I will watch it :up:
do you have any better idea in the meanwhile?

vdr1981 02-16-14 12:04 PM

"The Sea Wolves" is my favorite from the beagining but it is also widely used term...:hmm2:

You don't have to watch entire video, just few seconds when you click the link, what Kretschmer heard in the train...

gap 02-16-14 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175387)
"The Sea Wolves" is my favorite from the beagining but it is also widely used term...:hmm2:

You don't have to watch entire video, just few seconds when you click the link, what Kretschmer heard in the train...

Yep, I saw it: "U-boats" and, after a few secods, "The Sea Wolves". I will create a version of the 4th emblem with that name.

My favorite is still "The Steel Wolves" though. I also liked "The Iron Wolves", for its association with the Iron Cross, but there is really no reason to swithc to that name unless we finally select the iron cross emblem as mod's logo :yep:

vdr1981 02-16-14 12:24 PM

Whay about "attack, tear, sink" slogan?:cool:

ZAGOR64BZ 02-16-14 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2175351)
This is a variation of logo #3, with the following changes:
  • Shortened the mod name to "The Steel Wolves", as originally intended by Vecko.
  • Changed the subtitle phrase to "you're the hunter they are the prey", as suggested by ZAGOR64BZ.
  • Applied a slight "old photo" effect to the periscope view. Let me know if it is enough.
  • Minor modifications to the metal plate (brushed metal texture more visible through salt and seaweed incrustations).
  • Switched to the Postdam font (from logo #2), for better readability.

Preview:

Logo #4

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/1038/v8ya.png

Logo #3 (for quick comparison)

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/7091/7b1k.png

Other logo proposals available here

:up:Very nice!!!!! Love it!

ZAGOR64BZ 02-16-14 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175396)

Not bad..I like it!
What about: "Hunt, Kill, survive..." ?

gap 02-16-14 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175396)

For symmetry reasons, I would need for a fourth verb (two to the left and two to the right of the periscope sight). Unless we switch to the 1st logo, for which your slogan is better suited due to the presence of claw tears on it :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175405)
Not bad..I like it!
What about: "Hunt, Kill, survive..." ?

This is better suited for the periscope logo imo ("hunt" and "kill2 are relatively short compared with "survive", and I can group the on the left of the sight, while the latter would stand alone on the right). ;)

Aktungbby 02-16-14 01:37 PM

Looking it all over: How about a straight-forward "DIE STAHL WULF"( wolf pluralized or not?) with no 'of' about it... a little on the order of "I am Iron Man"; harder hitting, as opposed to "a man of Iron"; the 'A' in 'STAHL' should center over the periscope logo for symmetry. Nice tighter three-word title as direct as...DAS BOOT... almost! :yeah: love the all-gothic script...especially the small 's'!

tonschk 02-16-14 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175404)
:up:Very nice!!!!! Love it!

Yes nice :up:, what do you think about adding a bit of rust below the screw on the left
http://i58.tinypic.com/359hi4i.jpg