SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Fifi 11-29-18 12:06 PM

Don’t know if it was already asked, but when you upgrade the gunner skill ability, does it apply also for the flak gunner or just the deck gun gunner? :hmmm:

Tonci87 11-29-18 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2579401)
Don’t know if it was already asked, but when you upgrade the gunner skill ability, does it apply also for the flak gunner or just the deck gun gunner? :hmmm:

I think it applies to both

Torpedo 11-29-18 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heli (Post 2579385)
Hello,

Is there a way to download the version TWoS 2.2.3?

Hi heli!
If you mean "The Wolves of Steel v2.2.3_Update.exe" I can put it on the net.

Torpedo

P.S. Assuming Vecko give me permission

vdr1981 11-29-18 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heli (Post 2579385)
Hello,

Is there a way to download the version TWoS 2.2.3?

I'll upload the full 2.2.0 version for you + v2.2.3 update...

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ik68...u9mg31p/shared

larsonboram 11-29-18 09:39 PM

how do I log in to the KSDC commander? Do I need a account with KSDC?

palmic 11-30-18 04:43 AM

You cannot.
Ksd server is not working anymore.

Tobias1976 12-01-18 04:14 AM

Hello again,

my scapa flow raid was a succes, was just a matter of patience, and needed aprox. 15 try's ;).

But need your help again, mates. In the ship journal I saw, that my boat number is U-**, and my name is OLT Eisen Wolf, lol.

Is there an chance to edit this, even in the actual campaign? Thanks again for your patience with me, I'm still a big noob with the mod ;)

Fifi 12-01-18 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias1976 (Post 2579583)
Hello again,

my scapa flow raid was a succes, was just a matter of patience, and needed aprox. 15 try's ;).

But need your help again, mates. In the ship journal I saw, that my boat number is U-**, and my name is OLT Eisen Wolf, lol.

Is there an chance to edit this, even in the actual campaign? Thanks again for your patience with me, I'm still a big noob with the mod ;)

You have to open the OFEV application (the file viewer that comes with TWOS - it should be on your desktop after TWOS install) and in the ship journal tab, you’ll find 2 lignes for editing hull number and capt name :yep:

Tobias1976 12-01-18 04:43 AM

Thank you Sir, I found it, at change name and number. If I gets later in the campaign a other boat, stays the number the same? So then I could change it again?

palmic 12-01-18 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias1976 (Post 2579587)
Thank you Sir, I found it, at change name and number. If I gets later in the campaign a other boat, stays the number the same? So then I could change it again?

It will stay the same until you overwrite the file where it is saved from OFEV.
I also use it :)

palmic 12-01-18 04:50 AM

Am i able to remove compass from Binoculars?
I didn't found it in OFEV.

Fifi 12-01-18 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias1976 (Post 2579587)

when you'll upgrade from VIIA to VIIB then to VIIC, you'll have new U number each time (as it was in RL)
If you want to keep the same U number, you'll have to edit in the OFEV again.
Best is to match real U numbers in regard of what kind of U type you have.
On google, you type any U number, and you'll see what it was.

Fifi 12-01-18 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2579589)
Am i able to remove compass from Binoculars?
I didn't found it in OFEV.

no option for that in OFEV...of what i know.

palmic 12-01-18 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2579591)
no option for that in OFEV...of what i know.

hmm i remember that some previous TWOS version had no compass in binoculars, Vecko help! :)

fitzcarraldo 12-01-18 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias1976 (Post 2579583)
Hello again,

Yes. Use the OFEV application, included in TWoS. You should have an icon with Mickey Mouse in your desktop. Open the .py file and see the options for ship journal and change your name and boat number. If you use KSD, it's recommended to name your boat with the number in KSD.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: