SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sinistar459 01-07-15 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limkol (Post 2275336)
Sinistar,
sorry if I misunderstand you, but are you using Wolves of Steel and OH? But isn't OH included in Wolves of Steel already?

When i try to play wolves of steel, the only mods active are the wolves of steel, ik OH is included, which is why i dont activate that, the mod that causes the problem is NewUi's_TDC_7_5_0_byTheDarkWraith

Deep_Hunter 01-07-15 04:12 PM

To specify my first post about burning and destroyed ships in harbors...this is what I mean http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2014/09/full-28902-88161-silent_hunter_battle_of_the_atlantic_gold_edition2 014_9_17_22_17_54.jpg could anybody help me please :wah:

bart 01-07-15 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter (Post 2275789)
To specify my first post about burning and destroyed ships in harbors...this is what I mean http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2014/09/full-28902-88161-silent_hunter_battle_of_the_atlantic_gold_edition2 014_9_17_22_17_54.jpg could anybody help me please :wah:

I also get this, seen it in Kiel and Lorient harbours now. But I have only seen it on arrival, never departure.

I wonder if it has something to do with TC? although I never go over 16 when approaching a harbour.

jscharpf 01-07-15 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 2275800)
I also get this, seen it in Kiel and Lorient harbours now. But I have only seen it on arrival, never departure.

I wonder if it has something to do with TC? although I never go over 16 when approaching a harbour.

Same here, see it only when I enter harbor, doesn't matter whether I used TC or not... Very repeatable. I make believe that it is like a car dealership that puts one of his cars on a spinning pedestal. lol... Really I just try to ignore it. Not much I know how to do to fix it.

jscharpf 01-07-15 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinistar459 (Post 2275711)
When i try to play wolves of steel, the only mods active are the wolves of steel, ik OH is included, which is why i dont activate that, the mod that causes the problem is NewUi's_TDC_7_5_0_byTheDarkWraith

I'm guessing you mean that you remove all of the OH files from the WOS package? Because if you install WOS, OH is built in and unless you know exactly which folders / files to remove, you will get OH (can't remember the version) installed with the WOS activation.

This is why we are asking about OH, because there isn't any way to disable it automatically or "not install" it if you simply install WOS.

If I activate WOS, there is only one data file inside there.. I have no way to know which files are from OH, which are from New UIs' etc..

Perhaps you're laughing at me now and you already know this. If so, I apologize.

I wish I could answer your question, because I still have no idea.

Sinistar459 01-07-15 10:56 PM

Ill just do a reinstall, see if that fixes it

Sinistar459 01-08-15 12:31 PM

Reinstalling did not work, its not OHII, ik that for sure, its NewUi's_TDC_7_5_0_byTheDarkWraith thats causing the issue

Sinistar459 01-08-15 02:28 PM

i got it to work, however, whenever i try to lower the periscope using the delete key, game crashes :/\\!!

Bathrone 01-08-15 11:08 PM

Vecko thanks for much for the megamod. I've returned from an absence after reaching a dead end in trying to get my own modlist to be stable. I can see now with how versions of mods and different mods have progressed, that many bug fixes have occurred since so Im hoping this will now be a robust and stable sub sim experience :up:

Now I have some suggestions on your first page instructions to help beginners, and I also have a major problem, relating to Uplay and your default snapshot settings in the TDW patcher that doesnt disable orbit listener checks and so on. I'm sorry to say, your mega mod doesnt work out of the box by following your instructions because of this.

So here are all my suggestions and my problem:

Step 1

Problem: No instructions are provided on how to configure Uplay :/\\!! I've set it to offline mode as I assume you want it offline so it doesnt messup the game files with those achievements that come down from the cloud :know: When I was last involved with this community you needed to go offline for the stock SH5 install, all clean, and then do mods, and never go into online mode because some of the mod files would be messed up by achievements and so on.

Suggestion: I had to manually patch from 1.15 to 1.20, Uplay wont auto update the game to 1.20. To force it to update, users should know that in the game directory you have / Support / Game Updater / gu.exe which will spawn off the process to patch to 1.20. For new users the version number in game is shown in the top right hand corner of the main menu screen.

Steps 2 and 3

Suggestion: This is all easy except for a likely area new users might get caught up. Many editors default to amending .txt to the filename, so you end up having say main.cfg.txt instead of main.cfg.

Problem: On step 3 when I run the application, start a new campaign, DRM hits in with no internet connection and closes the campaign but it does start it. It just forces it closed and then bounces back to the main menu.

Step 4

Suggestion: I think more needs to be said about realistic hydrophone being a bit bugged and more of a WIP than a REL. Its just crazy the way the soundman goes on when this mod is enabled and I think it detracts from the quality of the simulation badly.

Suggestion: New users could do with being told to accept JSGME warnings as you add beyond the first mod

Step 5

Suggestion: I think emphasis should be added noting skipping this for the steam version results in wrecked gameplay. Without TDWs patches, it just doesnt work right.

Suggestion: I think a more appropriate word is not load, use the word restore the snapshot as per TDWs application

Problem: Your snapshot has no orbit listener items turned off and that prevents gameplay in offline mode.

Step 6

Suggestion: What change are you talking about? Why do this? I suggest you could be more specific in your instructions to help newer users get through the process. I changed to auto recharge batteries on surface

So thanks again, this is top stuff

Bathrone's WOS Bug Report #1: By using the supplied instructions, the game wont play due to Uplay, DRM and the config supplied with the snapshot for TDWs patches. Ideally Im hoping there is a way to resolve so that I still get career credits and it all works as inteded.

EDIT: Im in game via customised TDW patcher knowing for the moment as a workaround, I cant progress my career. Ive got another few bugs to report while in this workaround mode

Bathrone's WOS Bug Report #2: Using patch 5 for WOS, I'm an NVIDIA user and I get the ugly green wrong lightbulb render bug inside the sub. I used to know the fix for this and Im trying to find it via search

Bathrone's WOS Bug Report #3: I installed the game in english, I speak english not German. The audio is in english except for the weather report being in german as far as I can tell so far. Theres other sounds in german too, like going from battery recharge to normal engines. I think the megamod is looking good, perhaps it needs to be split into an english language version and a german one? Like with what was done with real navigation on or off.

Sinistar459 01-16-15 05:54 PM

Still have no luck, Raising or lowering persiscopes crashes my game :/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

virgil182 01-20-15 10:14 PM

Disable map auto center ?

Is it possible to turn off the map auto center on sub function ? It seems to me this basically defeats the purpose of real nav, if all I have to do is exit the map, enter it again and it magically centers on the sub.

This is an amazing mod, by the way, saves so much trouble and headaches for setting up the massive mod soup required to make SH5 worth playing.

Aktungbby 01-20-15 11:34 PM

welcome back!

virgil182! :salute:

Oby 01-21-15 08:45 AM

Found a potential two bugs which can cause a CTD.Don't know if the two files are from WOS or from OHII, but it seems that OHII files are OK.

They are in the data\air directory:

1. AS_USHeavyBomberMedWar\AS_USHeavyBomberMedWar.GR2
2. AS_USFloatEarlyWar\AS_USFloatEarlyWar.GR2

They are missing LO1 node on wings for Leigh lights.

Use apropriate .GR2 files from original mod to solve the problem.:yep:

virgil182 01-23-15 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith (Post 2259265)
So I finally got everything working as I wished. Only thing is now I've completed the baltic operations and was moved to Kiel, no new missions are available? So what do I do? Just head out on patrol without a mission and then I'll get assigned one??

I had the same issue, just started a patrol without accepting a mission. Once I was underway the appropriate mission areas show up around the British coast and Scapa flow. I haven't yet arrived but I am assuming for now that if I start sinking ships in the mission areas I will get credited normally.

On another note, has anyone solved the random black smoke bars on the horizon issue. It's a minor bug, graphical only, but it is annoying. I get it especially in big harbors like Kiel, for a short time a large portion of the horizon is covered with a huge black smoke cloud, that slowly dissapates. I've also noticed that I get random black spheres floating above the water... they appear to be a part of the same bug. ?

Oby 01-23-15 11:43 PM

Hi

Can you tell me where can I find Less accurate AI gunners mod or which files the mod changes and how?

Thanks.