SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 03-20-18 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546251)
Without creating too much spoilers, I'd say that 2 knots is just too much for elite hunter-killer groups who wont leave you untill they can detect you with their sensors even periodically. You'll find few tips about this question on "few more tips" section of this thread...:salute:
What would you do i
You should also ask yourself what would you do if you were HK group commander and you know that there's uboat in the area which you can detect from time to time...

t


I need to mantain 2 knots and control manual dive planes for mantain the depth to 150 mts. With 1 knot silent running on, the boat go down, whatever I try to mantain depth...I use also blow ballast and my compressed air reserve goes down.

I will reread the tips if I don't remember something.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 03-20-18 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2546255)
I need to mantain 2 knots and control manual dive planes for mantain the depth to 150 mts. Fitzcarraldo :salute:

You really don't have to...There's a tip for that as well.:yep:

fitzcarraldo 03-20-18 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546256)
You really don't have to...There's a tip for that as well.:yep:

Use blow ballast and mark depth in GUI? I try it and in SR 1 knot the boat goes down.

Regards.

Fizcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 03-20-18 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2546258)
Use blow ballast and mark depth in GUI? I try it and in SR 1 knot the boat goes down.

Regards.

Fizcarraldo :salute:

Did you suffer any damage to your ballast and trim tanks?

excel4004 03-21-18 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546259)
Did you suffer any damage to your ballast and trim tanks?

Yes, that seems to be. A damaged sub is a critical thing when get hunted by elite escorts.

fitzcarraldo 03-21-18 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546259)
Did you suffer any damage to your ballast and trim tanks?

No. I have some damage in rudder (not the planes), and electric engines (3 knots at full ahead). I get to mantain depht at 150-160 mts. with manual planes and blow ballast but the chase was too long and the drain of compressed air is too much. I tried to stop the boat and mantain depht, very difficult manipulation between planes and blows for a slow dive, but I can't mantain a "fixed" depht. It's immersive, but also it is not my work as commander to pilot the boat as aflight simulator ;). Autoplanes only works in normal, undamaged situations and up to 100-120 mts. depht. Pass it and autoplanes don't work as expected. A detail: my crew is green. Maybe with a more seasoned crew things work better.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

waldwolf1967 03-21-18 07:59 AM

TWoS Hatch Bug (with+without Food Stock Mod)+Funnel Smoke Mod
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2546250)
Thank you very much waldwolf1967!
One of the main ideas behind TWoS was to attract new/old mod makers to work over unified platform so I really appreciate your efforts.
Cheers!:salute:

Google Autotranslate
**************
I'm glad that I can help you something ..... must first familiarize myself with the program code. but I can already see that not much has changed .. A few new features and just a few new 3D models. But a lot is still SH 3 code.

However, I noticed with the TWoS 2.2.3 the following, when I am in the VII Diving (Crash Dive) do I can not while diving from the Command Room (center) forward in the boat. I think it might be a wrong waypoint of the door or passageway at the hatch? At the beginning of the alarm diving can still through the hatch but from about 12-140 meters, the hatch is blocked. If the boat is shuttled through, you can go through again.

I'm going to start the ship's smoke mod on the weekend. When he is finished I will send you a download link by private message.

fitzcarraldo 03-21-18 12:43 PM

Finally I got to escape from the damned escorts and surfaced at night, flank speed ahead.

I remained for 4 hours (real time, TCx1) at 0 knots, silent runing on, 200 mts depht, mantaining it with planes and little blow ballast, until finally the destroyers left the chase.

A great practice of manual planes and blow ballast at great depht. Full immersive.

Not this time, kammeraden! Not this time!

Special meal for all the crew. 30 hours submerged and with four badasses chasing us.

BTW, TWoS 2.2.3 working very fine. No CTDs. Saving games with the escorts at very short range. Reloading very well, with all the ships in correct position. The boat conserving his damaged parts. Stable gameplay.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 03-22-18 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2546333)
Finally I got to escape from the damned escorts and surfaced at night, flank speed ahead.

I remained for 4 hours (real time, TCx1) at 0 knots, silent runing on, 200 mts depht, mantaining it with planes and little blow ballast, until finally the destroyers left the chase.

A great practice of manual planes and blow ballast at great depht. Full immersive.

Not this time, kammeraden! Not this time!

Special meal for all the crew. 30 hours submerged and with four badasses chasing us.

BTW, TWoS 2.2.3 working very fine. No CTDs. Saving games with the escorts at very short range. Reloading very well, with all the ships in correct position. The boat conserving his damaged parts. Stable gameplay.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

:up::salute:

Discoslelge 03-22-18 10:08 AM

Many thanks for this clean explanation ! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 03-22-18 10:48 AM

Welcome to SubSim Discoslelge :Kaleun_Salute:

PLProGrin 03-22-18 04:43 PM

TC x64
 
Google Translate
**************

Hi everyone, do you know the way to increase the compression time in this mod from 64 to more, when you encounter each ship? I ask because the changes in the notepad do not help.

for any help, thanks :)

THEBERBSTER 03-22-18 04:45 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Discoslelge
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER 03-22-18 04:52 PM

Hi PLPPG
TC and other settings can be found in the Main cfg file
C:\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main
https://s17.postimg.org/5vs3p73un/Main_CFG.jpg

Peter

PLProGrin 03-22-18 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2546496)
Hi PLPPG
TC and other settings can be found in the Main cfg file
C:\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main
https://s17.postimg.org/5vs3p73un/Main_CFG.jpg

Peter

Hi THEBERBSTER, changes in main.cfg do not help, it's still the same problem, compression resets to x64 when I find another ship near my uboot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.