SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Ashikaga 02-19-18 12:43 PM

The ctd is not due to the game.

I installed some extra memory of the wrong type and my older nvidia has trouble with it as well as with win 10 which is installed on a lenovo 3.1 ghz dual core rofl.

So at times the computer decides that it has had enough... Which messes up my campaign system hahahaha

sometimes the screen just turns black, other times it says c** found a problem ;). I need to migrate my system to my core i5 rig soon.

skin-nl 02-19-18 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2542112)
Question for Vecko, why is it that the only way to keep your campaign (date system/change) going when a ctd occurs or when you save and leave the game during a patrol is to leave the patrol area, save the game and enter the patrol area again ?

I think you have a bad install (game or mod) or do you alt - tab your game? Because i have never a ctd anymore even when i save and load a game when i am 10 km from land or convoy

THEBERBSTER 02-19-18 03:48 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Vasilisgr
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Post #169 How To Use The Kriegsmarine Grid Numbers

excel4004 02-19-18 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottvdken (Post 2540930)
For some reason, when I activate the harbor pilot out of kiel (first mission) he proceeds to drive the submarine right into the wall.....? Any idea why that could be? I first tried it in the bunker, and then after the "incident" tried it after I had just exited the bunker and he proceeded to drive into the first pier....

EDIT: Haha. ignore me.... obviously Kiel is the WRONG port to select for the first mission!

When using harbour pilot DONT use "HIDE HUD" because then automatic harbour pilot goes wrong and sub could crash in harbour walls and so on.

fireblade274 02-19-18 04:54 PM

got it working; a couple TDC questions

after a bit of troubleshooting i got the mod working, but i have a few questions about interacting with the TDC in attack parascope

I was giving the TDC tutorial a try to practice manual entry, and the first time i did it in historical missions, i was able to lock on to the ship (whats the hot key for this?) and XO officer popped up, and i was able to enter in the data there rather then the dials, which though cool, are pretty small and hard to get exact input in. Id much prefer to use the XO officer dialog to select the data input values.
Anyway, the second time I tried doing historical mission TDC practice, the XO officer photo, that lets you input data, did not pop up, even after locking onto target. I was forced to use the historical dials HUD. am I missing something? is there a hot key to get XO dialog to pop up in attack parascope?

Also, while entering the data into the TDC w/o XO and using dials, I noticed after entering in AOB, speed, baring, and range, I would get the one dial telling me the firing angle of the torpedo, but I could not ask my torpedo officer, using the officer interface at lower center of screen, what the solution is, it was grayed out. under what parameters does it become ungreyed?

I had one more question but i cant seem to remember it:06:

Cyborg322 02-20-18 07:44 AM

Hi fireblade274 :Kaleun_Salute:

There are quite a few options available when calculation firing solution and entering data ( Almost too many :03:)

The default Lock key is Spacebar but you can also use the Circle Icon on the officer pics bottom middle. The L key can be used to show/hide XO box or by the clicking the XO TDC icon it is also possible to move drag the box to a more desirable position if necessary

Lock/Break/Lock tooltip will only show if it is enabled from the Scopes Tab in the Options File Editor Viewer. I'm not sure if enabling /disabling ingame Tooltips overrides this

The torpedo officer may not be showing data due to not being locked on or ship not identified . 1 method is by first lock on target [Circle Icon] - [ Periscope Icon/Torpedo Attack] - Then just above left side ship identification . This option is partly dependant on which of optional mods you have if any. Using the Ship Recognition Manual is obviously more realistic

The Tutorial missions are handy but best used in combination with Tutorial Vids the best I've come across are by @ stoianm1 good commentary not rushed and great attention to detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROqWPlTldg @vdr1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMYz1Oxg6rY @ stoianm1

these are good examples of different techniques there are more, some like using the RAOBF Wheel

Its kinda difficult to explain everything which is why I recommend the videos

Happy Hunting

Simon

vdr1981 02-21-18 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2542250)
The default Lock key is Spacebar but you can also use the Circle Icon on the officer pics bottom middle.

Spacebar is more like "mark target" key, a kind of command to tell the game "that ship !" or "that airplane !" ect...:yep:

"X" key would be the actual "lock" command (or follow this ship with my periscope, UZO ect).

So, in order to fully inform the game about your intentions, one has to first mark the target with "Spacebar" key and then use other commands like "X" (follow target) , send mast height from recognition manual to TDC ect...

Just a small clarification...:yep:

Cyborg322 02-22-18 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2542419)

Just a small clarification...:yep:

Thanks for that Vecko my error :Kaleun_Wink:

Simon

vdr1981 02-22-18 05:07 PM

Operation Weserübung...

https://youtu.be/LFQsK48uEgY

Cyborg322 02-23-18 01:31 PM

can't see it just message

This content is not available on this country domain.

excel4004 02-23-18 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2542686)
can't see it just message

This content is not available on this country domain.

Me too..

Found yesterday this interesting german propaganda film from 1940 (UFA) about battle for norway. Just recovered in 2006 by a norway film historian (Jostein Saakvitne). :up:

https://youtu.be/omkasFiShWQ

Ashikaga 02-23-18 05:47 PM

Quick question for Vecko.

In one of the last versions or some versions before this one of TWoS there was a clickable Telegraph one could use next to the clickable compass/rudder item (press C to show the compass).

Where has it gone ? Is it still in the mod somewhere and if so, how can I make it visible again ? I used it on a regular basis, especially when in harbor but also often when on a torpedo run.

Hope you can help out with this, would love to have it back somehow.

vdr1981 02-23-18 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2542723)
Quick question for Vecko.

In one of the last versions or some versions before this one of TWoS there was a clickable Telegraph one could use next to the clickable compass/rudder item (press C to show the compass).

Where has it gone ? Is it still in the mod somewhere and if so, how can I make it visible again ? I used it on a regular basis, especially when in harbor but also often when on a torpedo run.

Hope you can help out with this, would love to have it back somehow.

You mean this?
https://s6.postimg.org/k80cw2a29/output_PZVU5_V.gif

If yes, you can enable SH3 UI style anytime with your Option File Editor/Viewer program.

Ashikaga 02-23-18 07:19 PM

Yes that was it if I remember correctly.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Ashikaga 02-24-18 02:35 PM

Just one problem with the options file editor, in the dark wraith.py there is only SH5 enhanced UI, not SH3.