SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 01-21-17 03:03 PM

Hey Vecko, does radio guy skilled radio operator skill influence convoy positions reports?

Sent from phone

vdr1981 01-21-17 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2459667)
Hey Vecko, does radio guy skilled radio operator skill influence convoy positions reports?

Sent from phone

The game files say that it should...

palmic 01-21-17 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2459671)
The game files say that it should...

Hmm that would make sense with my frustration about stupid reporting of convoys at my previous career in happy times.
I never leveled up radio guy as i wasn't I the age of radar yet :)

Great!

Sent from phone

CharliChoppa 01-21-17 03:38 PM

Hellooo...

New to SH and have successfully managed to patch her up with the megamod (it's ace!) and been fine bobbing around in the Baltic & doing tutorials & learning lots of stuff...

Decided to do Empty Cup's tips on gettting the immersive HUD which has worked fine but since I did that I now don't have any scripts showing when I open the "Automation" screen in game! I.e I now can't run the Real Navigation location based on local time scripts or do tutorials as no scripts are showing in the Categories column...

Any ideas what I've buggered up? Do hope there's a simple way to fix it, any ideas most welcome Chaps...

Cheers, Charli...:Kaleun_Cheers:

vdr1981 01-21-17 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharliChoppa (Post 2459677)
Hellooo...

New to SH and have successfully managed to patch her up with the megamod (it's ace!) and been fine bobbing around in the Baltic & doing tutorials & learning lots of stuff...

Decided to do Empty Cup's tips on gettting the immersive HUD which has worked fine but since I did that I now don't have any scripts showing when I open the "Automation" screen in game! I.e I now can't run the Real Navigation location based on local time scripts or do tutorials as no scripts are showing in the Categories column...

Any ideas what I've buggered up? Do hope there's a simple way to fix it, any ideas most welcome Chaps...

Cheers, Charli...:Kaleun_Cheers:

You can use "Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\Options Migrater" tool in order to "migrate" stock TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py settings from the main TWoS 1.06 rar archive.

Or you can simple disable all mods with JSGME and replace screwed "1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06" main mod with the same one from main TWoS rar archive...

THEBERBSTER 01-21-17 05:24 PM

Hi CC
This might help!
Post #232 TDW’s Options File Editor Viewer Making Changes Using The Py File
Peter

vdr1981 01-21-17 06:34 PM

This will be my new recommended "how to use OFEV" instruction linked in FAQ section, so if you screw up something, changes can be easily reset by disabling/enabling the main mod with your JSGME.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

THEBERBSTER 01-21-17 07:00 PM

Hi Vecko
Highly recommend adding this to TWOS.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229162
It gives a really nice ambience when coming in and out of port.
Peter

vdr1981 01-21-17 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2459713)
Hi Vecko
Highly recommend adding this to TWOS.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229162
It gives a really nice ambience when coming in and out of port.
Peter

I've checked it already. The wav sounds are really short, resulting in very repetitive bell sounds in game, it sounds almost mechanical...Certainly not what would you expect to here from buoy rocked by sea waves...

palmic 01-21-17 08:07 PM

Ugh, Beno grows flower? How long? :D

Sent from phone

Hotjoe 01-22-17 01:05 AM

Hm, After I lock on and track a target the Identify button is not an option with my torpedo guy. It should be to the left of "Solution" but its not....why might this be?:06:

palmic 01-22-17 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotjoe (Post 2459748)
Hm, After I lock on and track a target the Identify button is not an option with my torpedo guy. It should be to the left of "Solution" but its not....why might this be?:06:

This is to let you solve the torpedo shot for yourself :03:

If you dont want to solve it an rather use your XO, Go back to first post of this thread and install TWOS wind & smoke optional mod. This will give you back this button..

Hotjoe 01-22-17 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2459758)
This is to let you solve the torpedo shot for yourself :03:

If you dont want to solve it an rather use your XO, Go back to first post of this thread and install TWOS wind & smoke optional mod. This will give you back this button..

Oh, right. I just saw it on POTUS videos about the modpack and figured he would have that part installed.

CharliChoppa 01-22-17 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2459679)
You can use "Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\Options Migrater" tool in order to "migrate" stock TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py settings from the main TWoS 1.06 rar archive.

Or you can simple disable all mods with JSGME and replace screwed "1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06" main mod with the same one from main TWoS rar archive...

That did the trick! Back up & running... Many thanks vdr, much appreciated...

Roninthecow 01-23-17 04:04 PM

A problem

Hi, totaly new recruit here!
Tried to install TWOS megamod pack, followed the instruction to the letter and ended up with a slight problem wich is that theres a black box taking up a lot of the screen, and a not-functioning window saying "User Charts" in the middle of the screen that can be moved neither deleted or closed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: The game is not steam version, updated. And the mod seems to be installed. It seems like overlapping UI. Can't explain the black box top left of the screen though.
I did find some black dds image files in The Wolves of Steel 1.06\data\Menu\gui\usercharts. Could this be the problem for the black box?

Edit2: Managed to fix it, had to reinstall directx9.