SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 08-27-16 06:41 PM

Update No. 16.2 download is stopped until next update.

It seems that newly added "Ships sonar Fix For TWoS" can cause game crash in situations when AI units is destroyed and starts to sink...

vdr1981 08-27-16 06:42 PM

Thanks Nobon, as soon as I deal with problems in recent update I'll take a look at your tweaks...:yep::salute:

Ashikaga 08-27-16 11:27 PM

Hey all. Is there any place in the MOD code where I can change the spyglass pirate style monocle back to proper binoculars?

I need these back

http://www.sistersantiques.co.uk/photos/item42pic1.jpg

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:)

I have now extracted the update 16.3 into my SH5 folder but when I start JGSME It only says update 15 and the rest.
However I did overwrite all files and folders coming with the RAR file.

Hope it works. I also want that ENIGMA.

palmic 08-28-16 02:35 AM

hmmmm i cant get what i see after weeks out of sh5 :)

1) So you nailed slow ships sound at hydrophone? :up:

2) If i would use message encryption part of TWOS, will it change also task forces and air forces behavior? Or is it just nice minigame?

Fearless 08-28-16 04:53 AM

Sticky Post

If Admin is watching this post, could you possibly make this a sticky?

Thanks in advance.:rock:

SkyBaron 08-28-16 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2430060)
2) If i would use message encryption part of TWOS, will it change also task forces and air forces behavior? Or is it just nice minigame?

It doesn't change any of the AI behavior. They are just encrypted messages that were already there in the game.

vdr1981 08-28-16 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2430045)
I have now extracted the update 16.3 into my SH5 folder but when I start JGSME It only says update 15 and the rest.

Update should be activated like any other JSGME ready mod, which means you have to extract it to "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder...:yep:

Guys, make sure to download latest update (No. 16.3) because there was some issues with previous No. 16 versions. Check my sig for more...

LesBaker 08-28-16 08:30 AM

Missing MC_RR_RADIO_15.ogg file

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the .ogg file for "New message received" in German, to replace the blank MC_RR_RADIO_15 file in Data/Sound/Speech/Radioman.

Just Change the .txt for .ogg

All the Best
Les

LesBaker 08-28-16 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the other file.

Change the .txt for .lipbin

SnipersHunter 08-28-16 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2430121)
Update should be activated like any other JSGME ready mod, which means you have to extract it to "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder...:yep:

Guys, make sure to download latest update (No. 16.3) because there was some issues with previous No. 16 versions. Check my sig for more...

Just updated to 16.3 and now 16.4 is out. Haha nice :D

I havent played since ages , but is it possible to call in a Wolfpack when i spottet a convoy? Sorry for that question , I was searching the forum but found nothing.

kevinsue 08-28-16 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2430162)
Here is the .ogg file for "New message received" in German, to replace the blank MC_RR_RADIO_15 file in Data/Sound/Speech/Radioman.

Just Change the .txt for .ogg

All the Best
Les

G'day Les, just wondering what this is about...is there a link to a previous post somewhere? :06:

Nobon 08-28-16 03:52 PM

Files + enigma fun

Just decrypted my first ever Enigma message, after activating the encrypted BdU messages mod-

Very sadly that message was the same message that BdU sent minutes before that one without any encryption XD

About Renown, and Sardonix.

Why do BdU double send their messages both classified, and open? :D Only one BdU msg so far, so I don`t know how common is this.

Sooner or later ...I will... reach Kiel XD at some point.

By the way, here's the neutralised texture :D
still plastic looking a bit, though I like it- as I just decreased color fullness to oblivion, (99,99% gray) but can be a good base for a high res door parts picture as it is 1024x1024, twice the size as the stock:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euny8f7njo..._rust.dds?dl=0

And here's the modified commands.cfg,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a66n8dwldu...mands.cfg?dl=0

keep in mind that (now) I remapped all arrow keys to move the scope views in all four directions, with shift fast, with ctrl slow- so if you want to retain the arrow key commands originally associated with speed changes, just swap the arrow key keys with others under every "to" command, and then uncomment their original uses throughought the file by removing the ; before them.

Unkki 08-28-16 09:04 PM

@Nobon:

Thanks for the files! :yeah:

I also noticed the double message from Bdu, probably slipped past. To be fixed in the next update?

kevinsue 08-28-16 09:53 PM

FaT and LuT pattern running torpedo settings.

This is a question more out of curiosity than anything, as I am yet to get through to the "Happy Times" campaign yet..:oops: but for those Aces that have made it through the war in TWoS to when the Fat and LuT pattern running torpedoes become available, can the initial run and then the extra gyro angles etc for pattern running be set up on the TDC, or do you just fire them as per usual and the pattern run is just automated by the game?

Ashikaga 08-29-16 03:18 AM

vdr1981, Do I need to run the TDW patcher after installing update 16.4 also ?

I regularly run it, backup, take stnapshot, restore shapshot.

But unsure if I have to do it every time I install an update.

Ashikaga