SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

blackcan 04-05-16 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2395296)
as far as i know TWOS is set as default SH3 style
\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer opent the exe file from there and set the path to menu file which one is located in Silent Hunter 5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05\data\Menu after this one set the path where is Sh5 installed ..... then click open navigate to Silent Hunter 5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05\data\Scripts\Menu and select from there TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and a screen with lots of tab will open
navigate to the UI Tab and from there u can change the style

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/891...ympfh7p7zg.jpg

i did excactly that but my GUI is the same.
I have buttons on the left for Submerge, Periscope depth etc.
I have Speed buttons on the bottom and i have half a compass in the bottom and when i click on it i get a real Compass.

but shouldn't SH3 be like every 3 things have a Dial?

fitzcarraldo 04-05-16 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2395357)
I have Speed buttons on the bottom and i have half a compass in the bottom and when i click on it i get a real Compass.

To my knowledge and my experience, you need to deactivate the mods (TWoS and the patch); then, search OFEV and do the changes. After that, reactivate the mods. If you make the changes with the mods applied, OFEV donīt work.

I had the same issue when I changed to SH3 UI style, and doing the above procedure I obtained the new UI.

The latest version of TWoS has the SH5 UI as default.

Best regards and good luck!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

palmic 04-05-16 12:24 PM

Sh3 style is classic with dials

blackcan 04-05-16 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2395366)
To my knowledge and my experience, you need to deactivate the mods (TWoS and the patch); then, search OFEV and do the changes. After that, reactivate the mods. If you make the changes with the mods applied, OFEV donīt work.

I had the same issue when I changed to SH3 UI style, and doing the above procedure I obtained the new UI.

The latest version of TWoS has the SH5 UI as default.

Best regards and good luck!

I already thought about that since the py files are in the mods folder but I'm very careful before doing something on sh5.

How is the best way too do it? Does it matter to a started campaign or my savea when I deactivate and active it again

fitzcarraldo 04-05-16 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2395369)
I already thought about that since the py files are in the mods folder but I'm very careful before doing something on sh5.

How is the best way too do it? Does it matter to a started campaign or my savea when I deactivate and active it again

Run the game with the mods according the instructions. You will have the SH5 UI when on the boat. Exit the game. Then, go to JSGME and deactivate the mods. Search for OFEV (in applications in the mod folder) and do the changes you like (you can change a lot of things, included the UI style). Then, reactivate the mods with JSGME. Thatīs the trick.

If you did and undid with OFEV without deactivate the mods, I recommend you a full reinstallation of the game. Probably- due to your tests-the game is broken now.

Good luck!

vdr1981 04-05-16 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2395357)

Check FAQ and tips...

blackcan 04-05-16 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2395381)
Check FAQ and tips...

I did 2 times but you only mentioned that it has better FPS and you shouldn't mess around if you don't know what you're doing so i asked here what i have to do, since i am not that familiar with modding SH5

vdr1981 04-05-16 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2395386)
I did 2 times but you only mentioned that it has better FPS and you shouldn't mess around if you don't know what you're doing so i asked here what i have to do, since i am not that familiar with modding SH5

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

P.S. this post is also linked in FAQ sections...

blackcan 04-05-16 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2395394)

I overlooked this ? I don't know i promise i read through your FAQ on the first page 2 times and nowhere found a link to that.
But thank you very much still

vdr1981 04-05-16 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcan (Post 2395396)
I overlooked this ? I don't know i promise i read through your FAQ on the first page 2 times and nowhere found a link to that.
But thank you very much still

Quote:

- I want more custom settings in order to set gameplay options to suit my playing style (auto TDC, map contacts, UI style ect)...
Sure..Withing the modpack is contained an awesome TDW User Options File Editor Viewer application. Learn how to use this app and explore it's options. It is truly remarkable application and it offers to the player level of customization like in no previous SH title...How to use TDW Options File Editor Viewer with The Wolves of Steel Megamod
:03:

Subwolf 04-05-16 02:03 PM

1. Make your changes in the editor, then save and overwrite the py-file.
2. Disable and re-enable the mods using JSGME, changes should now be activated.
3.You should be in the bunker to avoid CTDs, start a new patrol after changes.

Do not disable the mods first, as mentioned here. This will also disable the editor.

vdr1981 04-05-16 02:17 PM

Quote:

3.You should be in the bunker to avoid CTDs, start a new patrol after changes.
This is not necessary...

Quote:

Do not disable the mods first, as mentioned here. This will also disable the editor.
What do you mean by "disable the editor"?

Subwolf 04-05-16 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2395402)
This is not necessary...

I got a CTD after changing some stuff using the editor while on patrol. No need to ask for trouble, make it safe.

Quote:

What do you mean by "disable the editor"?
When you disable the mod, it also includes the editor, as it is part of it. Another way to do it is to put the editor somewhere else before you disable the mod, as it is a stand-alone application.

vdr1981 04-05-16 02:59 PM

Quote:

I got a CTD after changing some stuff using the editor while on patrol. No need to ask for trouble, make it safe.
Only if you messing up with snorkels which I don't recommend...

Quote:

When you disable the mod, it also includes the editor, as it is part of it. Another way to do it is to put the editor somewhere else before you disable the mod, as it is a stand-alone application.
I don't really understand what you are trying to say but TDW OFEV can be utilized both when mod is enabled and disabled... In my instructions I have described the use when mods are disabled which is the most accurate way according to app creator (TDW).

My preferred way is to use OFEV "in fly" directly from the main "data" folder without any mods disabling, but that is a different story...

THE_MASK 04-05-16 03:21 PM

Thanks to your campaign fixes sobers mega mod is rock solid . No ctds and 53 saves on the current campaign . cheers .