SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

excel4004 03-19-16 03:08 PM

Quote:

excel4004, there are more than 8000 modified and added files in TWoS and I'm certainly not a computer...:) It's impossible to hold in head all files purposes and dependencies, if you understand what I mean. In short, people should decide between megamods and their own custom modlists. Adding more incompatible mods can only bring problems if you don't know how to manually tweak necessary files...
I understand. :)

Can you please only have a look to this mod/addon if that is working with actuall TWoS mod!?? THANKS again!

mod: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator

vdr1981 03-19-16 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2390887)
I understand. :)

Can you please only have a look to this mod/addon if that is working with actuall TWoS mod!?? THANKS again!

mod: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator

This one contains only DDS textures so it is OK...:yep:

vdr1981 03-19-16 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2390885)
Haha love your interest :salute:

It's 1940-05-08, 9:54, I'm submerged from sunrise, till dawn now, waiting for claw of night for final stage of penetration back to Germany from South West approaches :-)

I have new iron cross of second class for sinking Cimarron which i described in Thread about 2 historic method to target ships by tdc.

I hear 2 warships, but they are very distant, the best will come in strasse von dover, fingers crossed :-)

Haha, good luck! :)

Unfortunately, I guess that "strayed" German tanker wont be so lucky...:O:

palmic 03-19-16 03:25 PM

I suspect him he wants to wait in Lorient that few months :)

excel4004 03-19-16 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390891)
This one contains only DDS textures so it is OK...:yep:

Good to know. Thanks for the fast answer! :yeah:

THEBERBSTER 03-20-16 07:32 AM

Hi Vecko
I have noticed recently an increase in the number of new gamers not carrying out your instructions with regards to patching the game.

Step 1:
Make a clean SH5 installation and make sure that the game is patched to v1.2.0.

I think this is because as newcomers to SH5 they do not know what this means or, where to find how to do it.

Peter

palmic 03-20-16 08:41 AM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

I believe TWOS popularity increased in last months and vecko should see it at downloads :)

Sjizzle 03-20-16 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2390998)
Hi Vecko
I have noticed recently an increase in the number of new gamers not carrying out your instructions with regards to patching the game.

Step 1:
Make a clean SH5 installation and make sure that the game is patched to v1.2.0.

I think this is because as newcomers to SH5 they do not know what this means or, where to find how to do it.

Peter

the real problem is UBI the game should auto update to 1.2 without any problem .... yea that's true that is also players fault cos they don't read the documentation u can make a HUGE size documentation text or thread there will be always who will not read it :D....

oscar19681 03-20-16 12:07 PM

After installing this mod correctly i,ve been playing this mod for 3 days straight and its a work of art? It feels like a new game! But i have a question , i have a hard time finding any targets. Even with map contacts on in the option menu. I get radio messages with coordinates but i cant seem to pinpoint the on the map. How do i find the convoys?

THEBERBSTER 03-20-16 12:33 PM

Hi Sjizzle
There is another problem also now that the Ubisoft game launcher does not update anymore correctly when re-installing as it seems to be missing the 32 bit .exe application.
When you go to the SH5.exe to launch the game you get a cannot connect Uplay message.

A new game launcher seems to be needed to be installed so you get the Uplay .exe back to be able to login to Uplay.

First time I have come across this problem when re-installing.

Peter

vdr1981 03-20-16 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2390998)
Hi Vecko

To be honest , I don't care much about that...People should first learn to install and update the game before advancement to modding.

Step 1 is there only to emphasize that the mod should be used with clean game installation...

vdr1981 03-20-16 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2391055)
After installing this mod correctly i,ve been playing this mod for 3 days straight and its a work of art? It feels like a new game! But i have a question , i have a hard time finding any targets. Even with map contacts on in the option menu. I get radio messages with coordinates but i cant seem to pinpoint the on the map. How do i find the convoys?

You will receive all necessary data to intercept nearby convoys/TF...Coordinates, range, relative bearing, true bearing, convoy speed and heading ect... Without real navigation even small black square will appear on the map...

palmic 03-20-16 02:16 PM

I think i found another bug.
Today i was commissioned by special mission (i had only patrols before).

When i sunk my first ship and i check captains log, i experienced CTD.
Next time (well for third when i realizes somethings wrong with my mission) i saved game just after sink it again (i started new patrol and i had the same objective) and just after ensuring there is NOTHING anywhere around i saved it, exit to win, restart game and load simply does not work (after meme loading screen just black screen).

oscar19681 03-20-16 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2391105)
You will receive all necessary data to intercept nearby convoys/TF...Coordinates, range, relative bearing, true bearing, convoy speed and heading ect... Without real navigation even small black square will appear on the map...

I have realnavigation installed, no black small square on the map for me. How do i pinpoint convoy,s?

vdr1981 03-20-16 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391119)
I think i found another bug.
Today i was commissioned by special mission (i had only patrols before).

When i sunk my first ship and i check captains log, i experienced CTD.
Next time (well for third when i realizes somethings wrong with my mission) i saved game just after sink it again (i started new patrol and i had the same objective) and just after ensuring there is NOTHING anywhere around i saved it, exit to win, restart game and load simply does not work (after meme loading screen just black screen).

Strange...Something similar is happening only when you sink friendly ship. Which ship you've sunk , country, type, location?:hmmm: