SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 09-14-15 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 (Post 2344704)
I'm just curious, is instability and periodic crashing something unavoidable with SH5 or have I actually messed up the installation here? I've come to just get used to it but it is very annoying. You even mention in the FAQ to restart every time you go back near your home port to avoid a rendering shock, and I can report that not doing this invariably makes the game crash. It crashes when you use high TC for too long, crashes when you play too long in general, crashes when you insult it's mother, crashes when it stubs its toe, etc.

It's really hard to say and probably only you can give us that answer...
I can not see from here did you messed up something or how do you play your modded SH5.
What I can do is to describe how I play my game (Tips for stable gameplay, recently updated also) so that player can get a certain level of understanding how he should approach to modded SH5.
Now, those tips are not empty stories because I know they work. For example, recently I passed first two campaigns (CW and HT, over 15 patrols) without a single crash and now I'm on my third patrol (CW, aprox 50.000 tons) again, without a crash...If I can do it with my 10 years old PC, then why not everyone else...

It is possible that you have somehow broke you installation by adding/removing mods, using corrupted gamesaves or something, but it is hard for me to tell from this perspective. Or maybe, there's nothing wrong with your game but your playing style is "punch max TC while doing something else" ? I'm not sure...

THEBERBSTER 09-14-15 06:48 PM

I keep a log book of my game with all different info in it.
I started TWOS with the current version 1.04 on the 13th July.
I am now in my 5th patrol doing South Western Approaches.
On my way to my 3rd patrol area BF1658.
I have now completed 50 manual saves with no ctd's.
I try to do 1 manual save per gaming session if possible.
Destroyed marks and coast lines I always use the compass and draw out to a minimum of 60km when necessary.
So you have to ask where do some of the problems lay that are reported?
My game play shows just how stable TWOS is.
That's why I will keep banging on about how good it is.

Peter

Magic1111 09-15-15 04:04 AM

@ Vecko

Is it possible, that we can use the "CSP Magui Interface for SH5" instead of TDW´s GUI in your Megamod? :hmmm:

And when not, can you please upload a version from your Megamod with the CSP Magui? :yep:

:salute:

vdr1981 09-15-15 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 2344782)
@ Vecko

Is it possible, that we can use the "CSP Magui Interface for SH5" instead of TDW´s GUI in your Megamod? :hmmm:

And when not, can you please upload a version from your Megamod with the CSP Magui? :yep:

:salute:

You can NOT simply enable it on top of TWoS if that's what you asked for.

Magui instead of TDW NewUI's is perfectly possible, but that would be to much work for me, to maintain two separate modpacks...:-?

Why dont you try Sjizzle megamod which is based on magui interface? It may lack few features form TWoS but people are using it and they're quite satisfied...

Magic1111 09-15-15 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2344787)
Why dont you try Sjizzle megamod which is based on magui interface? It may lack few features form TWoS but people are using it and they're quite satisfied...

Okay, do you mean this Megamod? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211311

I've not noticed yet, because the thread is a little bit below on this page :oops:

Is your Megamod more actual than the other? :hmmm:

fitzcarraldo 09-15-15 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 2344798)
Okay, do you mean this Megamod? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211311

I've not noticed yet, because the thread is a little bit below on this page :oops:

Is your Megamod more actual than the other? :hmmm:

I tried both and TWoS became more stable than Sjizzle's. I didn't have CTDs with TWoS but some catastrophic crashes with Sjizzle mod and it seems were caused by the CSP GUI.

My experience of course. Try it and see how works in your machine.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Magic1111 09-15-15 06:55 AM

Thx for reply Fitz! :up:

Will try both Megamods!

Indexrts1 09-15-15 11:27 AM

Great megamod! Publisher enormous gratitude for the positive emotions. All hands on deck!):arrgh!:

jim_nihilist 09-15-15 05:24 PM

I installed the mod as advised and followed the tips for stable playing - up until now I didn't have a CTD, wheil following the tips.

It really works and I'm thankful for that.

Lanzfeld 09-15-15 08:36 PM

Hmmmmmm.

Anyone else seeing big black banks of smoke sometimes on horizon? It's in one of "nordcasts" videos as well. The one where he leaves port for the first time to hunt polish ships. Strange.

vdr1981 09-16-15 03:44 AM

Heh, anyone?
The answer is ...Everyone...:D

THEBERBSTER 09-16-15 05:01 AM

Hello from Everyone :)
Seconded:up:

Indexrts1 09-16-15 05:37 AM

Dear vdr1981! Tell me, and perhaps to make Russian translation, though not completely, but at least, would the messages coming in the message window at the bottom right?

vdr1981 09-16-15 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indexrts1 (Post 2345036)
Dear vdr1981! Tell me, and perhaps to make Russian translation, though not completely, but at least, would the messages coming in the message window at the bottom right?

Still working on it... Maybe you could give us some help here, what do you say?:up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=221871

vdr1981 09-16-15 06:03 AM

New update with few tweaks and fixes and my favorite "U-boot lied" added to gramophone is now available in download section. Keep in mind that damn thing (the gramophone) is completely broken and skipping songs all the time :D...

FAQ and tips post is recently also updated so make sure to check that too...:yep::subsim: