SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 07-12-15 12:40 PM

I'm going to vacation in a few day (my wife insists that I should spend some time watching at real sea instead of only simulated one :D, she's right I guess) so I'm going to start upload of v1.04 tonight.

Hopefully, it will be more stable , realistic and easier to install...First and 2nd post are already edited to reflect new changes.

gap 07-12-15 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2328110)
The strangest thing about this DC model is that if you completely remove the DC_barrels.gr2 file from SH5/library folder, game will still render DCs as if nothing happened...Try it you'll see...

That's not strange at all. If you open guns_radars_01.GR2 (path: data\Library\ShipParts) where DC rack models are stored, you will notice that SHs racks contain 3d DC models already. That's only for eye candy though: real (explosive) DCs are stored in DC_barrels.gr2, and by deleting that file you make DC racks and throwers to throw... nothing. One problem I see is that each rack can accept more than one DC type, but there is no way to set their usage by date (they are all available at once), so the only way to have more than the two DC models already features in game, and them to enter service as the war goes on, would be duplicating them. That is an easy task for K and Y guns, but it gets more complicated for racks, as they contain animations which cannot be exported by GR2 Editor. The only way to clone stock racks, in order to give them new types of depth charges, would be cloning the whole file. That's renaming a lot of stuff, considered all the guns contained in that file :dead:

Quote:

It would be easy to change texture or even remodel a DC, but there is something else outthere(a hiden secondary 3d model of DC with strange thing wrapped around it) which I can't find neither understand...:hmm2:

I had a look at DC_barrels.gr2. What you are talking about is probably the AO model, that you exported together with the main model :hmm2:

Quote:

Another good site(more specific):

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WAMBR_ASW.htm

One of my favorite sites for naval weapon and ammo inofrmation :up:
It is mostly based on John Campbell's "Naval Weapons of WWII", of which I have a digitalized copy on my HD.

Quote:

Hm, another question: Can I create an alpha texture for gr2 file to conceal parts of a model I don't wish to be seen?

Definitely you can: trees and seaweeds use alpha masks for sorting transparent parts. IIRC you must assign an opacity map to the material you want to make semi-transparent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2328096)
I didn't find any file that points to that anomaly... What can you say about that?

What I can say for sure, is that S3ditor (and GR2 Editor for that matter), splits geometries along the edges of uv mapped islands. That's the same for edges which are marked as hard on the obj model.
You can verify it by importing one of your obj models and then re-exporting it. If for instance you had a cube whose faces were uvmapped separately (for making them to fit them on a square diffuse map, overlapping them over it), after importing-exporting it you will have 6 separeted faces rather than one cube! My suggestion is using as few UV map sewings as possible where smooth edges are expected. :know:

gap 07-12-15 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2328118)
I'm going to vacation in a few day (my wife insists that I should spend some time watching at real sea instead of only simulated one :D, she's right I guess)

Your wife doesn't lack a good dose of common sense as I can see, as well as a good touch of humor (not to mention all the patience she will probably need in order to bear you :D). Prepare you luggage and enjoy your vacation together with her. You both deserve it! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2328118)
so I'm going to start upload of v1.04 tonight.

Hopefully, it will be more stable , realistic and easier to install...First and 2nd post are already edited to reflect new changes.

:yeah:

THEBERBSTER 07-12-15 01:58 PM

Hi vecko

For all your hard work you certainly deserve it.

Hope the weather stays kind for you both.

Peter

Oby 07-12-15 02:03 PM

Quote:

That's not strange at all. If you open guns_radars_01.GR2 (path: data\Library\ShipParts) where DC rack models are stored, you will notice that SHs racks contain 3d DC models already. That's only for eye candy though: real (explosive) DCs are stored in DC_barrels.gr2, and by deleting that file you make DC racks and throwers to throw... nothing.
This is what it should be and I was thinking the same, but in game is like I wrote...I say again, you must remove DC_barrels.gr2 file and run a test mission...You'll see that the barrels are still there as if you never deleted the .gr2 file...:hmmm:(and I'm talking about underwater barrels, not those on ship.)

But anyway you opened my eyes - the file guns_radars_01.GR2 in ShipParts folder must be the reason for this mystery.

Great news,VDR1981!

I wish you happy vacation and a lot of good weather.:salute:

vdr1981 07-12-15 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2328125)
...not to mention all the patience she will probably need in order to bear you :D). ...

You know me too well Gap...:haha:

fitzcarraldo 07-12-15 03:20 PM

Many thanks Vecko for all the work.

In the link first post tells "1.04", but the version is still 1.03.

I uninstalled all SH5, waiting 1.04.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

johnysed 07-12-15 04:26 PM

Problem

Hi,
can someone tell me, what am I doing wrong ? Everythings still, only I can move. Several overlays + original SH5 overlay
:hmmm:
Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/b6f7AAh.jpg

fitzcarraldo 07-12-15 05:04 PM

I had problems with the SH4 UI. Try the enhanced SH5 UI. Also, check the installation procedure. I installed WoS "at first test" (first and only installation) and all works as expected.

Regards.

johnysed 07-12-15 05:24 PM

Problem solved

Oh
I found it, it was problem in main.cfg, I copied it wrong.
Well, No country for old men :)
Thanks anyway.

fitzcarraldo 07-12-15 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnysed (Post 2328174)
Oh
I found it, it was problem in main.cfg, I copied it wrong.
Well, No country for old men :)
Thanks anyway.

Vecko will be posting WoS 1.04. I suggest you wait for the new version.

Regards.

THE_MASK 07-12-15 09:58 PM

IRAI 39
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3866

Aktungbby 07-12-15 10:44 PM

welcome aboard!

johnysed!:Kaleun_Salute:Welcome to country for old men!:D

Pressurised 07-13-15 02:28 AM

I noticed in Stoianm's tutorials his radio contacts show more information than mine such as range, speed and bearing. Why is this?

Also to go from WoS 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 does it require a complete uninstall?

Thank you :)

vdr1981 07-13-15 03:30 AM

OK, for now direct link to mediafire (first post) is ready...
I'll fix other links too when I get back home this afternoon...:yep: