SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Equilax 05-26-15 04:13 PM

Thank you very much Kevinsue, i checked TDW generic patcher like you said and got some errors, now everything work fine :woot

mahany 05-26-15 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,
i have installed The Wolves of Steel 1.3 correctly and extracted patch 5 and hotfix in the mods folder but they didn't appear in JSGME

and this is how JSGME looks like:

Attachment 1480

so, what am i doing wrong here?

kevinsue 05-26-15 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahany (Post 2316506)
Hey guys,
i have installed The Wolves of Steel 1.3 correctly and extracted patch 5 and hotfix in the mods folder but they didn't appear in JSGME

and this is how JSGME looks like:

Attachment 1480

so, what am i doing wrong here?

Check that the extracted folders The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5 and The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 2 are in the MODS folder in the Silent Hunter 5 main directory C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

Any mod you wish to install with JSGME must be in this MODS folder so that JSGME can access them. :yep:

I usually extract the mod first to the desktop, then put it into the MODS folder. That way you can check that the mod's folder structure is correct before trying to install with JSGME.

Here's a link to a thread that should be helpful with using JSGME: :up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204593

Longknife 05-26-15 10:08 PM

I have to admit that I gave up on SH5 some time ago. Just out of sheer curisoty I loaded up this mod & decided to give SH5 one more try.

Right after this loaded & I got aboard my boat this mod brought a smile to my face! SWEET! was the 1st thought that came to mind. My hat goes off to all of you that put so much effort into this. It is truly astounding now!

I do have one small issue that hopefully someone can address for me. I cant seem to ID my targets. I put the vessel in my crosshairs & hit space to lock. Then I open the rec manual & find the correct ship but when I press "Send mast height to TDC" nothing happens. The ship remains unidentified.

I am certain I am doing something wrong as I am not very familiar with the ins & outs of SH5 but could someone point me in the right direction to getting this resolved or explain to me what I am doing wrong?

Once again many thanks for the awesome mod & thanks for any & all help y'all can provide.

Sjizzle 05-27-15 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2316520)

as far as i l know that option in completely removed from WoS latest
version.
on post #2 in the FAQ section is writed down click

mahany 05-27-15 03:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2316513)
Check that the extracted folders The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5 and The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 2 are in the MODS folder in the Silent Hunter 5 main directory C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

Any mod you wish to install with JSGME must be in this MODS folder so that JSGME can access them. :yep:

I usually extract the mod first to the desktop, then put it into the MODS folder. That way you can check that the mod's folder structure is correct before trying to install with JSGME.

Here's a link to a thread that should be helpful with using JSGME: :up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204593

thanks for your help man but i did exactly what you said and was able to install The Wolves of Steel 1.3 but the patch 5 and the hotfix won't appear in JSGME and i'm sure that i'm doing it right. it's not the first time i install a mod :)

but there is something strange the patch 5 and the hotfix mod folders contain only TDW Real Navigation folder. am i missing some folders here?:D

Attachment 1481

veenee 05-27-15 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2316528)
version.

so...what can I do to bring this option back? :D

kevinsue 05-27-15 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahany (Post 2316542)
thanks for your help man but i did exactly what you said and was able to install The Wolves of Steel 1.3 but the patch 5 and the hotfix won't appear in JSGME and i'm sure that i'm doing it right. it's not the first time i install a mod :)

but there is something strange the patch 5 and the hotfix mod folders contain only TDW Real Navigation folder. am i missing some folders here?:D

Attachment 1481

You seem to have a corrupted download of these files. The patch 5 folder should contain nearly as many subfolders as the main TWoS mod. If you still have the compressed file, extract it again to the desktop and see what it looks like. Otherwise try downloading again and we'll go from there.

Newinger 05-27-15 08:41 AM

I'd like to repeat my request to include the map location name fix in this otherwise great mod collection:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=1841190

So many names on the map are terribly wrong.

mahany 05-27-15 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2316558)
You seem to have a corrupted download of these files. The patch 5 folder should contain nearly as many subfolders as the main TWoS mod. If you still have the compressed file, extract it again to the desktop and see what it looks like. Otherwise try downloading again and we'll go from there.

i've downloaded patch 5 again and after extraction it's size is nearly 1GB and this is what it looks like (The mods folder only contain real navigation mod and the Data folder is almost 950MB)
Attachment 1482

THEBERBSTER 05-27-15 09:48 AM

Hi mahany

I think you are over complicating matters by what you are sseing.

The basics as I understand it are this.

When you unzip the patch 5 or the hotfix patch, the folder that you see just needs to be copied to your mods folder.

You should then see it on the left side of JSGME.

Peter

Longknife 05-27-15 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2316528)
version.

Thanks for the reply Sjizzle.

I am not looking for the auto target ID. I run 100% realism. What is happening is I find the vessel in the Recognition Manual but when I click on "send mast height to TDC" nothing happens.
I am guessing it should change the designation from "troop transport" to the ship I picked in the RM.

kenz69 05-27-15 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2316473)
Hi kenz

Yes there is!

The problem you have with TWOS is that you are dealing with a package.

Adding and removing mods is not something I would recommend.

However there is another option open to you that you can try in stages.

Crew ability bonus points.

The Sound Guy or Sound Man (Beno Scheu) (Funkobergefreiter)

Darkness Penalty> Passive abilities of 5 levels

Giving bonus points here reduces the darkness penalty.

May help?

Post #184 See All The Crew Ability Bonus Points Positions In Silent Hunter 5

Peter

thanks for the tip !
yeah dealing with a package but for everyone it need small adjusments to fit the taste (TDW option editor is so useful for that by the way)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2316479)
Just put my latest waves mod at the end of the mod list .

hi sober I'm sorry I want to stay with default waves, I tried your colorcorrection.cfg file but it was just too bright in daylight.
Finally after some test i just bringed back the timeofday.txt back from the stock and it is really nice know : not so dark night and not too bright days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veenee (Post 2316546)
so...what can I do to bring this option back? :D

here you go : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1457

Sjizzle 05-27-15 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longknife (Post 2316651)
Thanks for the reply Sjizzle.

I am not looking for the auto target ID. I run 100% realism. What is happening is I find the vessel in the Recognition Manual but when I click on "send mast height to TDC" nothing happens.
I am guessing it should change the designation from "troop transport" to the ship I picked in the RM.

this happen with all ships or only with that type of ship ?

vdr1981 05-27-15 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newinger (Post 2316600)
I'd like to repeat my request to include the map location name fix in this otherwise great mod collection:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=1841190

So many names on the map are terribly wrong.

It will be done! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2315760)
aloha VDR1981
take a look here it's fill up perfect in your Mega mod :P

Looking great Sjizzle!