SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 07-04-15 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2326287)
I tested starshells...I have WoS 1.03...Never noticed before but they actually works(white ones), but I experienced a well known 3-sekunds lag.

Ok, I'll wait for new patch...

Thanks!:salute:

That's impossible?!:06: What is your PC configuration?

Oby 07-05-15 06:30 AM

Sorry, I didn't write correct...Checked again and found that I have WoS version 1.02 installed...I guess that 1.02 doesn't include Rongels starshells patch.
I must activated them manually sometime in the past and forgot about it...

Beside lag they actually works pretty well as the sight range of the merchant ships fireing starshell increases - for about 1000m.
(Tested in single mission with activated map contacts and visual sensors.)

fitzcarraldo 07-05-15 12:18 PM

Dear mates:

I installed (first time) WoS and all seems work fine. Now exiting Memel Harbour with autoplot. 60 FPS, looks very nice.

Because this is my first approach to a heavily modded SH5, I have a couple of questions:

1- How can I change the UI to a SH3 style?

2 - If I want to change to vanilla navigation, what is the procedure? I like Real Nav and use it in SH3/SH4, but I donīt read the instructions for auto RN in SH5. Iīm testing the installation, not a real, dedicated game.

Great job and many thanks for WoS!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 07-05-15 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326541)
Dear mates:

I installed (first time) WoS and all seems work fine. Now exiting Memel Harbour with autoplot. 60 FPS, looks very nice.

Because this is my first approach to a heavily modded SH5, I have a couple of questions:

1- How can I change the UI to a SH3 style?

2 - If I want to change to vanilla navigation, what is the procedure? I like Real Nav and use it in SH3/SH4, but I donīt read the instructions for auto RN in SH5. Iīm testing the installation, not a real, dedicated game.

Great job and many thanks for WoS!

Just remove your TWoS 1.03-Real Navigation optional mod.
You can switch to SH3 interface using TDW options file editor /viewer...Check FAQ and tips for more...

fitzcarraldo 07-05-15 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326545)
Just remove your TWoS 1.03-Real Navigation optional mod.
You can switch to SH3 interface using TDW options file editor /viewer...Check FAQ and tips for more...

Ok, many thanks for the answer :up:

Is there some way to fix the external camera on my boat (as SH3 or SH4). The external camera is fixed, as in vanilla, and the boat go away....

All the best.

EDIT: Resolved.

THEBERBSTER 07-05-15 05:09 PM

Hi fitz

Check this out.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...79&postcount=4

http://i62.tinypic.com/5nurs3.jpg
Peter

fitzcarraldo 07-05-15 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2326629)
Hi fitz

Check this out.

Many thanks, reading now.

fitzcarraldo 07-05-15 05:50 PM

Question: WoS contains Dynamic Environment. These are SS in the Bismarck Mission, with WoS. The sea looks very similar (if not the same), as vanilla SH5.

This is correct?

http://img661.imageshack.us/img661/4724/YPbPNW.jpg

http://img661.imageshack.us/img661/5398/3mWVyz.jpg

Many thanks.

fitzcarraldo 07-05-15 06:28 PM

Problem with sonarman:

When select the direct camera view in the sonar station, the sonarman seems displaced. He moves the hand in an "invisible" wheel.

Also, the sonar is fixed; I canīt rotate it, with normal sweep selected.

http://img538.imageshack.us/img538/9463/ahtzAI.jpg

http://img905.imageshack.us/img905/4220/79Ddtq.jpg

Tested in the Bismarck mission (The cornered giant).

Best regards.

vdr1981 07-06-15 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326646)
Problem with sonarman:

When select the direct camera view in the sonar station, the sonarman seems displaced. He moves the hand in an "invisible" wheel.

Fortunately, there is a solution...Don't look at it...:D

Quote:

Also, the sonar is fixed; I canīt rotate it, with normal sweep selected.

Mousescroll...

gap 07-06-15 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2326453)
Sorry, I didn't write correct...Checked again and found that I have WoS version 1.02 installed...I guess that 1.02 doesn't include Rongels starshells patch.
I must activated them manually sometime in the past and forgot about it...

Beside lag they actually works pretty well as the sight range of the merchant ships fireing starshell increases - for about 1000m.
(Tested in single mission with activated map contacts and visual sensors.)

I wonder why those 1,000 m have such a big impact on computer performance, no matter what system specs are :hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326640)
Question: WoS contains Dynamic Environment. These are SS in the Bismarck Mission, with WoS. The sea looks very similar (if not the same), as vanilla SH5.

This is correct?

Should be okay. :up:

Environment colors change a lot depending on climate zone, sun angle and weather. There are tens of parameters involved, and a zillion of random cobinations among them. Judging from a couple of screenshots wether an environmental mod is installed or not, can be difficult or impossible. :)

Quote:

Problem with sonarman:

looks like the hydrophone operator bone is displaced by half a meter. Some of the mods included in TWoS might be messing with it (I wonder why though). Provided that there are no special reasons why the bone has been moved from its original position, fixing this glitch with GR2 Editor would be a matter of minutes :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326758)
Fortunately, there is a solution...Don't look at it...:D

:rotfl2:
This one might be even easier than the solution I suggested above. The one problem problem I see, is the casual player having to remember and apply your fix every time he visits Benno... yet you know how careless the average man can be when it is about following your instructions. What about adding a reminder in game? :D

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...kimano/fix.jpg

vdr1981 07-06-15 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326812)
looks like the hydrophone operator bone is displaced by half a meter. Some of the mods included in TWoS might be messing with it (I wonder why though). Provided that there are no special reasons why the bone has been moved from its original position, fixing this glitch with GR2 Editor would be a matter of minutes :yep:

Moving Beno to the left will probably cause you to sit in Beno's lap while operating hydrophone manually...I guess that wouldn't effect crew moral in a good way...

It's the SteelViking interior mod probably but I really dont know much about compartments GR2 files..

LoL at the reminder...Dont tell me that your new laptop is ready for SH5? ")

fitzcarraldo 07-06-15 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326822)
Moving Beno to the left will probably cause you to sit in Beno's lap while operating hydrophone manually...I guess that wouldn't effect crew moral in a good way...

It's the SteelViking interior mod probably but I really dont know much about compartments GR2 files..

Many thanks to all for the answers and the support :up:

Best regards.

gap 07-06-15 03:19 PM

Quote:

:o :oops:
Not at all!

Quote:

IIRC in vanilla game Beno is well placed when he operates the hydrophone, and he steps aside only when the player is manning the station (I don't remember wether in this case his usual animation is stopped or not though). I am sure that SV interior mod has nothing to do with this glitch, provided that we are facing a glitch and not a feature. Maybe fitzcarraldo can circumstanciate a bit better his bug report.

Quote:

Yes it is! I have something on the making, that's why I have been quiet lately :03::sunny:

THE_MASK 07-06-15 03:19 PM

Quote:

I don't use WOS but I have had this when installing a mod . Cannot remember which one . Maybe the one that changes the captains bed into a table .

gap 07-06-15 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2326842)
I don't use WOS but I have had this when installing a mod . Cannot remember which one . Maybe the one that changes the captains bed into a table . Or maybe change the UI back to enhanced and see if that fixes it .

Might also be related to teleport function in New UIs. :hmmm:

vdr1981 07-06-15 03:29 PM

Not SV Interior sry...
What I meant is MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces...
This mod deals with crew animations IIRC...:yep:

And if I may add, Beno is not the only example, moral officer will occasionally sit in the thin air too...:D
It's some kind of misalignment between active crew animation and current position of crew member..

vdr1981 07-06-15 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326841)

Yes it is! I have something on the making, that's why I have been quiet lately :03::sunny:

Give us some hints! :D

Historical guns specifications?:rock:

fitzcarraldo 07-06-15 03:45 PM

The misplaced sonarman appears with SH5 Enhanced UI, SH4 UI and SH3 UI. I tried all the three.

The sonarman is ever displaced. In WoS never see the sonarman in his seat. There isnīt any movement when I take control of the sonar.

Best regards.

vdr1981 07-06-15 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2326864)
The misplaced sonarman appears with SH5 Enhanced UI, SH4 UI and SH3 UI. I tried all the three.

The sonarman is ever displaced. In WoS never see the sonarman in his seat. There isnīt any movement when I take control of the sonar.

Best regards.

Hmm, that sounds strange... Type VIIA?

Have you tried to use mouse scroll to move hydrophone needle?