SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 06-26-15 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eyes (Osborne) (Post 2324117)
LOL Thank all. Been busy working. I have been playing Silent Hunter games off line as well I been playing World of Tanks. Yes I been away. But back to see and check out new MODS on or for the Silent Hunter game. Plus will like to thanks everyone on a hard work with great MODS

Obviously you did something wrong but I cant say what from this perspective ..
Drop few screenshots of actual game and JSGME, maybe that could help...
Also, being WoT fan wont help you much either, things are a bit more "advanced" here...:D

mendesjpcrs 06-28-15 01:22 AM

Merchants and other ships visible on chart

Hi

I've been using this great mod now.
I'm a casual player since SH1!!

I'm playing the game patched, with NO real navigation. It is possible to see the merchants icons and other ships in the navigation chart? And the visibility range from him?

vdr1981 06-28-15 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendesjpcrs (Post 2324709)
Hi

I've been using this great mod now.
I'm a casual player since SH1!!

I'm playing the game patched, with NO real navigation. It is possible to see the merchants icons and other ships in the navigation chart? And the visibility range from him?

Sure, check FAQ and browse forums for TDW OFEW...:yep:

nycoroner05 06-28-15 07:56 AM

Great Mod

Outstanding mod.

mendesjpcrs 06-28-15 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2324760)
Sure, check FAQ and browse forums for TDW OFEW...:yep:

I didn't find anything.... :/

How to see map contacts? Please help

vdr1981 06-28-15 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165721)
- I want more custom settings in order to set gameplay options to suit my playing style...
Sure..Withing the modpack is contained an awesome TDW User Options File Editor Viewer application. Search forums for more and make a good use of it...LINK

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendesjpcrs (Post 2324821)
I didn't find anything.... :/

How so?:doh:

mendesjpcrs 06-28-15 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2324837)
How so?:doh:

Done ;)

Best regards

mendesjpcrs 06-29-15 03:02 AM

CTD's

I'm having CTD's even following all the correct procedures and settings posted for this mod. Time compression, patcher, etc.

CTD's happens most when travelling.
And telegraphs seems no responding well. Sometimes engines don't stop. And warships sometimes near england and France have strange behaviour following the sub. If the sub stop ,a single warship also stops and spins.

But worse are the CTD's...

vdr1981 06-29-15 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendesjpcrs (Post 2324936)
I'm having CTD's even following all the correct procedures and settings posted for this mod. Time compression, patcher, etc.

CTD's happens most when travelling.
And telegraphs seems no responding well. Sometimes engines don't stop. And warships sometimes near england and France have strange behaviour following the sub. If the sub stop ,a single warship also stops and spins.

But worse are the CTD's...

Reinstall the game and star new campaign . This time, try to save/restart the game at least once in 48h of sim time and between the areas reach with units (coast proximity ect). Playing with real navigation is also recommended. Most people who do not use real nav will just punch TC and take a nap until something enters rendering area. Modded SH5 just cant be played like that..
Like Sober said, play it "slow with TC low" and CTDs will be significantly reduced...

Stuck destroyers are known game bug and issue can be solved with saving and reloading .
Strange telegraph behavior is probably your fault, never saw that problem...

samdemange 06-29-15 07:59 AM

thanks a lot for this amazing mod :up:

IcyWaters 06-29-15 03:27 PM

Thanks for making this compilation of mods!

I wonder if I can just install SH5, patch to 1.2, install this, and start playing? Or do I need to install other mods as well before this one?

Thanks again!

Aktungbby 06-29-15 04:11 PM

welcome aboard!

samdemange!:Kaleun_Salute:After a four year silent run!

THEBERBSTER 06-29-15 06:04 PM

Hi IcyWaters

Just follow vecko's instructions on post #1

Peter

IcyWaters 06-30-15 05:27 AM

I have and I am playing now. Just wanted to ask to double-check. So many posts and most of it were old ones so I didn't want to risk missing out on a particular step.

Also, I installed SH5 with English voices.... what difference does it make using this mod + German voices?

vdr1981 06-30-15 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcyWaters (Post 2325167)
I have and I am playing now. Just wanted to ask to double-check. So many posts and most of it were old ones so I didn't want to risk missing out on a particular step.

Also, I installed SH5 with English voices.... what difference does it make using this mod + German voices?

If you install English voices you'll her mixed voice reports in game. Some will be in English and some in German, that's all...

Deveroh 07-01-15 03:52 AM

Thanks for the job!

Aktungbby 07-01-15 10:16 AM

welcome aboard!

Deveroh!:Kaleun_Salute:

Uboot1 07-01-15 12:16 PM

Hi. Where i can change navigation mechanics to create waypoints to default? Currently i cannot do this so game is unplayable for me.

THEBERBSTER 07-01-15 02:32 PM

Hi UB

You need to change the first 2 patches in both the TAI and Nav Map tabs in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.
http://i58.tinypic.com/2i8835y.jpg

Uboot1 07-01-15 02:59 PM

I try this before and it dosent work. When i click on my uboot i see this. And i cannot do anything when i try create waypoint :(

here is my config file http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/oEPFN3l4/file.html maybe turning on some options cause conflict with another?