SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

StefanWtal 11-02-19 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2634727)
YOUR GRANDFATHER PERISHED IN ONE OF THE SNEAKIEST OPERATIONS IN THE BATTLE FOR THE ATLANTIC...OR, IN THIS CASE PROPERLY THE SEVERN SEA OFF THE CORNISH COAST. IT WAS A SECRET FOR OVER 60 YEARS: http://www.cix.co.uk/~klockstone/uboat.htm
ALSO: https://uboat.net/articles/69.html

Hi Aktungbby!

I know about this.
In fact, I do have some photos of U-400, which my grandmother kept private for a long long time helped identifying the boat.
I send them to Mr. Dr. Axel Niestlé and he used them to identify the boat without mentioning the source. :nope:
He even used one of the pictures in one of his books/pubilcations. Not the right way to publicate scientific research!
In near future I will publish this and more informations about U-400 on my page www.U-400.de.
But I will add a watermark to the pictures this time. :hmmm:

Rgds,
Stefan

Aktungbby 11-02-19 09:31 PM

:Kaleun_Salute:

boogieman335 11-03-19 11:37 PM

With all the problems people have been having lately with The uplay update I would like to mention that for those using Windows 10, Microsoft did a fairly large update not long ago to Windows ver 1903 which I have and use. After the update some of my security settings changed, particularly the settings that lock changes to your documents folder. I noticed that I had to set some of my games under these new security settings to be able to save games. Sh5 was one of them. Some of the games I have would just seem to kind of hang and never launch until I changed these settings. So this is just a kind of heads up for anyone who may have this problem.

J0313 11-04-19 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2635264)
With all the problems people have been having lately with The uplay update I would like to mention that for those using Windows 10, Microsoft did a fairly large update not long ago to Windows ver 1903 which I have and use. After the update some of my security settings changed, particularly the settings that lock changes to your documents folder. I noticed that I had to set some of my games under these new security settings to be able to save games. Sh5 was one of them. Some of the games I have would just seem to kind of hang and never launch until I changed these settings. So this is just a kind of heads up for anyone who may have this problem.

Could you elaborate a bit. I'm not that savvy when it comes to win10.

boogieman335 11-04-19 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2635299)
Could you elaborate a bit. I'm not that savvy when it comes to win10.

Yes in Windows 10 ver 1903 the settings under the Virus protection, specifically the Ransomware settings, block changes to certain folders on your system. One of these is your "My Documents" folder which is where a lot of games store your save games and sometimes even game settings. After the recent update I had to change the settings in this section to allow some of my games to write save games to their folders within the "My Documents" folder. Sh5 was one of those games. I had a couple of games that didn't want to start because they take their save settings from their save folders. Once I set the security settings in Windows to allow the games access to the "My Documents" folder everything works normally. So if people have a problem getting Sh5 to start and you are using Windows 10 ver 1903{I believe this is the latest release},then be sure to check your security settings as this may be the culprit.

fitzcarraldo 11-04-19 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2635264)

Not my case with W10 1903, but each PC is a closed world....

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

boogieman335 11-04-19 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2635382)
Not my case with W10 1903, but each PC is a closed world....

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

As I say this has to do with the ransomeware security settings. Mine were not even turned on before this update and after the update they were. I know this update is what made the change because I run 2 completely separate copies of Windows 10 ver 1903 on my system and dual boot them. One side is for Internet surfing and gaming and the other runs the software for my home music studio, which only gets connected for software updates. I run the same software on it as at the work studio because I sometimes bring projects home to mix here. After the update I had to make an exception to allow my Drum sampler access to make some saves too.
So it may depend on whether or not you have the Ransomeware protection active in your security settings. If so it's an easy fix just check if any file was blocked and make an exception for it in the settings. As I say I first noticed it because of a couple of games not starting, just going to menu then hanging when they couldn't load their save state.

dominiclevey 11-05-19 08:08 AM

how do i install this

everytime i install this it says sh5.exe wrong version etc soo annoying

vdr1981 11-05-19 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominiclevey (Post 2635421)
everytime i install this it says sh5.exe wrong version etc soo annoying

https://i.postimg.cc/YCpGjqR4/Untitled.png

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=242800

dominiclevey 11-05-19 02:36 PM

how do i install it on steam still get the same issue or is it because ubi screwed us

vdr1981 11-05-19 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominiclevey (Post 2635467)
how do i install it on steam still get the same issue or is it because ubi screwed us

Not entirely sure since I don't use Steam version. Hopefully some Steam user will jump in...

propbeanie 11-05-19 03:50 PM

Thus far, my Steam SH5, on a Windows 10 computer that has a Ubisoft UPlay SH4 on it, and also on a Windows 7 computer, with a disk version of SH4, works just fine. I just did a re-install of my Steam SH5 on the Win10 box the other day to test it, and it was fine with the new install, and with TWoS on top of that. All functions as expected, including my stumbling up and down the ladders on the boat... :roll: :doh: :salute:

vdr1981 11-05-19 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2635477)
I just did a re-install of my Steam SH5 on the Win10 box the other day to test it, and it was fine with the new install, and with TWoS on top of that. All functions as expected, including my stumbling up and down the ladders on the boat... :roll: :doh: :salute:

That's good to know. :up: Thanks propbeanie. :salute:

Xelnah 11-07-19 11:08 AM

My SH5 (Uplay) TWOS broke with the Uplay update (CTD when loading a save), luckily for me a made a backup right before the update, and when I replaced the new sh5.exe with the one from my backup, the game works and Uplay thinks its updated and fine.
Best regards :Kaleun_Cheers:

propbeanie 11-07-19 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelnah (Post 2635669)
My SH5 (Uplay) TWOS broke with the Uplay update (CTD when loading a save), luckily for me a made a backup right before the update, and when I replaced the new sh5.exe with the one from my backup, the game works and Uplay thinks its updated and fine.
Best regards :Kaleun_Cheers:

Welcome to SubSim Xelnah! :subsim:

From what I understand of your post, you have a UPlay download version of SH5 that you purchased and downloaded before the most recent update, and that you saved a copy of your old SH5 as a back-up, and after updating through UPlay, you were able to copy the original SH5 back to the game, and all is well with restoring a Saved game? Does your UPlay try to "update" each time you start the game, and does it attempt to "sync" your Saves online?... Thanks! :salute: