SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Is anyone else playing Naval Action? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224129)

Wolfar 02-01-16 04:46 PM

Is anyone else playing Naval Action?

Picked it up about a week and a half ago. Seems pretty decent with a decent learning curve. :up:

Looks like they blew up my account I had well over 1,000 posts here. But I have not posted here in years.

Camaero 02-01-16 05:30 PM

Yep, I am excited to watch this one get developed. I've been playing since long before the Steam release and it's come a long way!

Wolfar 02-01-16 07:59 PM

Most cool!

I am in there as either Tamar or Wolfar almost every night.

I saw the easy route you should play as USA. I may start that one since my British person seems to be struggling a bit. I am not very far in that one only like 250 exp and been playing a week and a half about 2 to 3 hours a night.

james_nix 02-01-16 08:03 PM

I actually bought it when it was in beta, but never played it. Once I finish my current SH4 campaign I'm going to give it a try.

doctrine 02-02-16 05:55 AM

I read about it earlier on subsim if I remembered well. Anyway, I just saw it on steam, looking very promising! I'll probably buy it tonight to give it a try.

Niedowidek 02-02-16 09:06 AM

I've got it and I gonna try it :)

Wolfar 02-02-16 12:49 PM

The learning curve is a bit steep but I think the reward for playing and figuring it out is good also. :yeah:

I had some guy ask me to leave his battle. Not even sure why he just said I would not get anything. You always get a little gold and XP just as I did when I left him.

Too each his own..

Nippelspanner 02-02-16 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfar (Post 2378659)
Is anyone else playing Naval Action?

Yep! :)

Wolfar 02-05-16 05:28 PM

What you have to do in a town is choose a mission which will create and "Admiralty Order". Soon as your back on the ship pull up the map and you will see where your mission is with BIG crossed swords on the map.

Note of caution here, this is where you may go up against a ship that may have more guns or bigger guns than you. Also the AI needs to be toned down a bit as the AI is a crack shot. Too good of a crack shot!

So I take missions that are right outside of the capital with the most ship traffic. These guys cant wait to jump in a battle. So now I have FRIENDS with me to kill of some ship that may be better than mine.

Another trick I learned. Click on every ship you can see. When you get a trader that has contraband cargo on it you can attack it. You can even attack your own country's ship if it has contraband cargo on it with no penalty.

Still learning all the ropes myself. The world is massive and you don't know where you are on the map until you find a town. Then you can figure out with the help of the map where you are.

Hope this helps a bit. :arrgh!:

Raptor82 02-25-16 09:31 PM

Yep me as well

richardphat 02-27-16 04:52 AM

I got the game and had about a 150 hours invested so far.
I can say it is no where near uncharted waters online. The game is heavily based on community, if you expect to play solo you will hate the game with a passion.

As for me, I really enjoyed the game for the content and gameplay. The fighting system is quite interesting, as you can have reinforcement from friends or even outsiders; whether they are AI or player.

The game still has lot of glitch though, but I feel it is one of those game that has as much playabiilty as silent hunter 3-4, except it is online and has much more replay value.

But for now, the grind sucks, is all I can say.

Highbury 02-29-16 06:54 AM

I have been playing off and on since Sea Trials. There is not enough content to make me want to play it all the time yet, but it is in good shape for a game that is still in Alpha.