SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Dark Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322)

dashyr 01-27-20 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2646460)
In fact, you can hear a contact within 30Km (just tested it) but your hydro man will report around 20Km

Have to check how it was in RL, and try to mod it if possible of course, without breaking anything else.

Well... I think having to do the work yourself should be rewarded. 30km sounds like a lot... But you don't cover all that much with an extra 10km.

Having a good balance of realism without having it get in the way of gameplay is always something to keep in mind.

Did a little bit of research on my end. Didn't dig deep so you might want to double check. But, 20/30 sounds about right for 39.

Fifi 01-27-20 10:30 AM

Well it seems GHG & KDB hydrophones could pick up single vessels to 20Km...and convoys up to 100Km.

Ingame, single vessel can be hear by player at 30Km and pick up by AI hydro man at 20Km.
Seems ok to me, and will not change that :yep:

I don’t think SH4 can gather all ships at 100Km as one big single contact :hmmm:
Game always treat them as individual contact (that’s why always so much contact speech when closing)
I’d like to hear my hydro announcement for a convoy at 100Km, even 50!
But i don’t see for the moment how to work this, and most of all if it’s even possible :06:

kiwikid1940 01-27-20 12:57 PM

I have come across a particular problem and wonder if someone can check it out for me.

I ran Quick Mission RUM 391014 U47 1939 both in Dark Waters and then going back to Operation Monsun Enhanced and in both missions I get either a screen freeze or a CTD.

I have no problems with other Quick Missions just this Scapa Flow one.

Fifi 01-27-20 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwikid1940 (Post 2646508)
I have come across a particular problem and wonder if someone can check it out for me.

I ran Quick Mission RUM 391014 U47 1939 both in Dark Waters and then going back to Operation Monsun Enhanced and in both missions I get either a screen freeze or a CTD.

Hi Kiwi,
I will check tomorrow and report you back :yep:
But i never had problems with the quick missions so far.
Maybe i never tried the scapa one...don’t remember

lederhosen 01-27-20 01:26 PM

possible bug.....SOLVED

happened twice now

Type IIC sep 39

I dived to make an attack. By the end I had about 5% CO2 level. Surfaced, battry recharge ok, but the CO2 keeps getting worse. I saved and exited at 11%...I tried raising the flag in the hope this would help.

either save while surfaced, exit game and reload it.
or, click on the "CO2" marker in the upper right corner while submerged and you will surface and the problem is gone.

Fifi 01-27-20 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lederhosen (Post 2646517)
possible bug.....SOLVED

happened twice now

Type IIC sep 39

I dived to make an attack. By the end I had about 5% CO2 level. Surfaced, battry recharge ok, but the CO2 keeps getting worse. I saved and exited at 11%...I tried raising the flag in the hope this would help.

either save while surfaced, exit game and reload it.
or, click on the "CO2" marker in the upper right corner while submerged and you will surface and the problem is gone.

That’s a very old SH4 bug that i NEVER had in OM or DW.
I already hear about it long time ago, but never encountered it.
Many times bugs can be solved by exiting game and reloading :yep:

Fifi 01-27-20 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwikid1940 (Post 2646508)

Finally quickly tested it right now, and no problem here...everything loads and start fine.
I’m afraid it’s on your side

fitzcarraldo 01-27-20 01:58 PM

I'm having a problem when game start. Randomly, I receive a message about a runtime on sh4.exe and the game goes CTD.

This happens with DW v3 in rare times. In v4 with patch is more frequent. The game starts, average, 1 OK to 5 CTDs.

I added DW v4 on a new SH4 1.5 installation.

Vanilla game starts OK.

My FOTRSU starts OK.

LAA applied.

Unknown reason for me. And very annoying.

When the game starts, runs fine, missions, patrols, campaign, museum.

My PC is enough to run TWoS at 60 FPS, so I don't think it is a hardware power issue.

Some kameraden with the same problem?

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

kiwikid1940 01-27-20 04:25 PM

Thanks for the quick reply re Quick Mission and I should have said that the mission loads and I start to follow the plotted course and as I get towards the final course plot that that is when it freezes or CTD
Cheers
Mike

fitzcarraldo 01-27-20 06:36 PM

Well. I resolved this :Kaleun_Applaud:

I deleted the two movies WMV files in Data\Movies\Intro: Logo and Intro.

Now the game starts OK. It seems there is a problem with those two WMVs, or my machine has a problem with the files.

@Fifi, please could ckeck this, though it can be an issue in my machine and others.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2646524)
I'm having a problem when game start. Randomly, I receive a message about a runtime on sh4.exe and the game goes CTD.

This happens with DW v3 in rare times. In v4 with patch is more frequent. The game starts, average, 1 OK to 5 CTDs.

I added DW v4 on a new SH4 1.5 installation.

Vanilla game starts OK.

My FOTRSU starts OK.

LAA applied.

Unknown reason for me. And very annoying.

When the game starts, runs fine, missions, patrols, campaign, museum.

My PC is enough to run TWoS at 60 FPS, so I don't think it is a hardware power issue.

Some kameraden with the same problem?

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

romanasul 01-27-20 09:54 PM

Hello, out of curiosity is this mod compatible with G7eT2's excellent U-boat Dynamics? https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=207791

Fifi 01-28-20 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2646562)
Well. I resolved this :Kaleun_Applaud:

I deleted the two movies WMV files in Data\Movies\Intro: Logo and Intro.

Now the game starts OK. It seems there is a problem with those two WMVs, or my machine has a problem with the files.

@Fifi, please could ckeck this, though it can be an issue in my machine and others.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Glad you solved it :yeah:
The intro logo is a dds file absolutely same as stock, so it can’t be culprit.
The intro movie is a wmv file made by Niume some time ago, and you’re the first having trouble with it…
I would say your machine had problem reading it, as you found it, but here no issue.
We keep your solution for future help if needed :yep:

Fifi 01-28-20 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romanasul (Post 2646583)
Hello, out of curiosity is this mod compatible with G7eT2's excellent U-boat Dynamics? https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=207791

If this mod change any data/objects/filexxx.dat or any data/submarine/filexxx.dat it is NOT compatible.
Dark Waters change so many OM files, that almost no mods are compatible...

jj0666 01-28-20 01:13 AM

Ohh Yeahhhh KKoool-AAAIIID

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 (Post 2640061)
This looks great! I can't wait to give it a try. Thank you for all of your hard work!:up:

Always watchin your channel. Luvin it! keep up the content and the hard work! its awesome

THEBERBSTER 01-28-20 06:46 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > jj0666
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below