SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   2010 SUBSIM April Fool scam (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   ANNOUNCEMENT: SILENT HUNTER 5.1 for XBOX (April Fool joke) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166761)

The Enigma 04-01-10 03:00 PM

I wonder why the OP is named "Subsim Admin Guest" :hmmm:

Sonarman 04-01-10 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapser (Post 1343934)
Everyone is laughing and that's great. I hate to rain on the parade but I wonder what this will mean for PC sub sims if a console sub sim is an enormous hit and sells like hotcakes? Will Ubisoft just cut to the chase?

It could also go the other way, Artech now have some of the elements of a naval sim here however arcadey in this XBox implementation, although they developed the rather cheesy sim-lite "Das Boot" PC VGA game they also developed Megafortress for 360 Pacific which was fairly hardcore and a good game, so who knows maybe they could take this and turn it into a PC sim as a challenger to Ubisoft?

ERPP8 04-01-10 03:34 PM

Not buying it.
Never buying a console game ever again.
I prefer PC games

KING111 04-01-10 05:51 PM

does it use DRM:har::har:

frau kaleun 04-01-10 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING111 (Post 1344222)

In Silent Hunter 5.1, DRM use YOU!

MoN 04-01-10 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1344224)
In Silent Hunter 5.1, DRM use YOU!

:har:

also:

In Silent Hunter 5.1, torpedoes are DLC.

Jimbuna 04-01-10 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING111 (Post 1344222)

Only intermittently :03:

JustinReg 04-02-10 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvette (Post 1343589)
The patch for the XBox was produced, but as you say 505 games decided not to send it to M$. Very annoying, as the PS3 did get that patch equivalent.

Thus a 'no sale' from me as well.

We only have Anton's word for that, the same Anton that told us that a patch containing German cockpits would be released soon after the game shipped. That was bull, I don't really believe anything he says.

It does not cost anything for the first title update to be certified by MS, if the devs had really made an Xbox patch there is no reason why they would not have sent it to be certified.

This is why 505 games told Anton to stop posting on the forums imo, he was telling too many lies. Doing everything to make the devs look good at 505 games expense. But after all it was the devs that made a game with impossible multiplayer goals, I blame them. They obviously never tested the online components of the game or they would have realised that and spotted that fact that shooting someone down would rarely credit a kill.

It was a shame, IL S on the Xbox had the makings of an excellent game, and I say that as an oldskool hardcore PC sim gamer.

( I go by the name of 'Yossarian' over on the IL S forums)

chrysanthos 03-01-14 06:14 PM

aw come on guys honest now....what game is this i never seen it before and for what platform?