SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

CaptJulius 03-15-21 08:33 AM

Is it me only that having Diesel Engines Animations stuck when longer into patrol , and most of the time fires raging on ships emmits no sounds :06:

gap 03-15-21 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2736390)
Is it me only that having Diesel Engines Animations stuck when longer into patrol , and most of the time fires raging on ships emmits no sounds :06:

Did you notice if that happens after minimizing the game while on patrol?

CaptJulius 03-15-21 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2736391)
Did you notice if that happens after minimizing the game while on patrol?

I know that minimizing SH5 breaks the game in many ways like sound etc.. but the engine animations stuck on me without minimizing.. gonna test more, Thanks.

gap 03-15-21 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2736437)
I know that minimizing SH5 breaks the game in many ways like sound etc.. but the engine animations stuck on me without minimizing.. gonna test more, Thanks.

Okay :up:

Theoatmeal2 03-16-21 12:26 PM

Do enemy submarines come up for air?

Just started this game, great mod from what little I know...
Anyway I spotted a polish submarine of the coast and gave chase, it dived. I`ve been using hydrophone to track it underwater (and `m somewhat afraid we`ll
collide at some point). The problem is I`m already out of batteries and check the surface every once in a while but the bastard doesn`t seem to ever surface.
Will it, ever? It`s been 1.5 days.

Any tips on dealing with subs would also be appreciated.

Thank you:)

Aktungbby 03-16-21 12:36 PM

Welcome aboard!

Throatmeal2!:Kaleun_Salute:

kapuhy 03-16-21 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoatmeal2 (Post 2736734)
Just started this game, great mod from what little I know...
Anyway I spotted a polish submarine of the coast and gave chase, it dived. I`ve been using hydrophone to track it underwater (and `m somewhat afraid we`ll
collide at some point). The problem is I`m already out of batteries and check the surface every once in a while but the bastard doesn`t seem to ever surface.
Will it, ever? It`s been 1.5 days.

Any tips on dealing with subs would also be appreciated.

Thank you:)

Our Polish batteries are better than your German batteries! We can outlast you anytime!

Seriously though, I don't think battery level for AI subs is modeled in game.

Jeff-Groves 03-16-21 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2736745)
Seriously though, I don't think battery level for AI subs is modeled in game.

I agree. Although the sim file says it should only go 94 miles or so submerged.
BatteryConsume is not used by the AI Subs so It has unlimited range.
One could add that to the Scripts to see what happens.

One could also try setting the Diesel\Electric setting in the sim file to YES.

What is happening is that you are inside the Detection area.
Your to close. How far that area is? I don't know.

CaptJulius 03-17-21 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2736459)
Okay :up:

So i completed another patrol without minimizing game at all to be sure , and once again my diesel engine animations stuck mid patrol or sometimes they move a bit at certain camera angle and then stops again , cant figure out why that happens.. am i only one with this issue ?

vdr1981 03-17-21 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2736918)
So i completed another patrol without minimizing game at all to be sure , and once again my diesel engine animations stuck mid patrol or sometimes they move a bit at certain camera angle and then stops again , cant figure out why that happens.. am i only one with this issue ?

Never saw such glitch but I'll recheck what's going in my engine room on my next patrol...:yep:

CaptJulius 03-17-21 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2736949)
Never saw such glitch but I'll recheck what's going in my engine room on my next patrol...:yep:

Thank you Sir :Kaleun_Cheers: This glitch happens on me with VIIC boat, havent tested VIIA or VIIB yet..

Macgregor the Hammer 03-19-21 07:20 PM

I have a question regarding mod management. The main TWOS install created the mod folder TWOS_Parts. When I add other mods do I put them in the TWOS_Parts folder or do I need to do a second install of JSGME and create a MODS folder to manage them.

Thanks, :salute:

kapuhy 03-19-21 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer (Post 2737482)
I have a question regarding mod management. The main TWOS install created the mod folder TWOS_Parts. When I add other mods do I put them in the TWOS_Parts folder or do I need to do a second install of JSGME and create a MODS folder to manage them.

Thanks, :salute:

Putting mods in TWoS_Parts folder and managing them tgrough TWoS JSGME works fine for me.

Macgregor the Hammer 03-19-21 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2737486)
Putting mods in TWoS_Parts folder and managing them tgrough TWoS JSGME works fine for me.

Thanks! I just didn't want to create more problems.......:up:

dex 03-20-21 02:28 AM

Sh 5 Twos mode

what about U mark,I don t see my sub in water when destroyer run above with depth charges