SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-11-18 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desepticon (Post 2552623)

I had another funny thing happen to me just now though, on the "Invasion Imminent" mission while stalking the channel. A GeIII electric torpedo circled back on me and sunk me! Never had that happen before!

A very rare but still possible event which was registered number of times during the ww2...:yep:

avers 05-11-18 12:51 PM

does the green water effect only occur in shallow water?

skin-nl 05-12-18 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desepticon (Post 2552623)
I had another funny thing happen to me just now though, on the "Invasion Imminent" mission while stalking the channel. A GeIII electric torpedo circled back on me and sunk me! Never had that happen before!

This is very realistic indeed......Awesome :yeah:

beez 05-12-18 12:19 PM

Wonderful mod, thank you so much Vecko for your work.

I've been playing around with TWOS the last couple of days and decided to do a clean install.

I'm using the Steam version, so I uninstalled SH5 via steam, deleted the Silent Hunter 5 folder (as well as the saved games folder in documents) and ran cc cleaner to clear the registry.

I reinstalled the game via steam, patched the .exe to 1.2 (via the tutorial from sirarrow) and used the TWOS 2.2 installer. Everything goes fine until the steam conversion portion of the installer which says "There is a problem with the SH5 regkey".

I can continue with the installation but I need to keep pointing the installer to the install directory. It SEEMS like everything has installed OK but I'm not really sure and would like to do a full reinstall where everything goes perfectly.

How can I avoid getting the "There is a problem with the SH5 regkey" error in the installer?

Thanks so much.

THEBERBSTER 05-12-18 04:55 PM

Hi beez
Quote:

patched the .exe to 1.2 (via the tutorial from sirarrow) and used the TWOS 2.2 installer.
I do not have Steam but I am interested to know why you need to use this
Quote:

tutorial from sirarrow)
when the
Quote:

TWoS installer also contains Sputterfish's automatic Steam Conversion Tool,
I would assume you have all the instructions you need here in the PDF.

Peter

beez 05-12-18 04:59 PM

Quote:

I do not have Steam but I am interested to know why you need to use this
If I install clean from steam and don't update the EXE (per sirarrow), the TWOS 2.2 installer runs into an error related to the exe file while attempting to install and the game will not launch.

Edit: I was able to get a good install without updating the steam SH5.exe to 1.2, I just needed to run the vanilla game once, close uplay and steam, then run the TWOS installer. All good!

rainbowjose 05-14-18 11:00 AM

Okay, all my problems solved.

https://i.imgur.com/qtW07Bp.jpg
Why my position are wrong?

THEBERBSTER 05-15-18 04:24 AM

Hi beez
Quote:

I just needed to run the vanilla game once, close uplay and steam, then run the TWOS installer. All good!
Now that makes sense because Vecko would not have added a Steam conversion having to use another app that he does not mention.

Peter

THEBERBSTER 05-15-18 04:26 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > rainbowjose
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Jimbuna 05-15-18 12:21 PM

Welcome to SubSim rainbowjose :salute:

Aktungbby 05-15-18 12:55 PM

Welcome aboard!

rainbowjosé!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jan021981 05-17-18 07:12 AM

Thank you very much and one question

Hi,

first of all: Thank you so much for this mod. I started losing interest on SH5 but with this mod it makes fun again. :Kaleun_Applaud:

One question: After installing the mod "The Wolves of Steel v2.2" I do not longer see the red (enemy) and blue(friend) symbols for ships closed to my boat. I know that in reality, the skippers also do not have that, but currently without this map it's to hart for me.

I disabled "Real navigation" and disabled "No contact update in map" in the options - but still there are no ships available on my map.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jan

fitzcarraldo 05-17-18 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan021981 (Post 2553315)
Hi,

first of all: Thank you so much for this mod. I started losing interest on SH5 but with this mod it makes fun again. :Kaleun_Applaud:

One question: After installing the mod "The Wolves of Steel v2.2" I do not longer see the red (enemy) and blue(friend) symbols for ships closed to my boat. I know that in reality, the skippers also do not have that, but currently without this map it's to hart for me.

I disabled "Real navigation" and disabled "No contact update in map" in the options - but still there are no ships available on my map.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jan

There is an addon mod "Map colors" for that. See between the addons mods made by Vecko for TWoS. Use JSGME for add it.

Regards and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

UthervL 05-17-18 03:23 PM

Just coming back after a couple years and saw this MOD and decided to try it. So far it appears to have most of the old mods I used to use.

Couple of questions I can't seem to find in search.

1 is there a key command list for this mod? Or anything better than the stock one. I have the basic one and it stinks doesn't even have M for map on it.

2 How do we get triple screen working in 5760 x 1080?

I know I had this procedure before but that hard drive is now dead and I have installed this through STEAM unfortunately.

I had external views working in this resolution but when I went into options it dropped me to a lower single monitor and I'm not going to mess with anything without hearing from an old hand.

PS It's great to see the community going strong after so many years and thanks for the MODS!

THEBERBSTER 05-17-18 04:23 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Jan021981
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Quote:

Can you see your sub on the map?

There are only 2 things I am aware of which will not show any map contacts.
!. The real navigation mod enabled.
2. The box has been ticked in Game play options "No map contact update"

There is an add on mod TWoS Map Contact Colors as an additional option.